Thread: Question about new Roman auxillaries

Default Question about new Roman auxillaries

Hey,

I was wondering if one of the EB team or anyone knowedgable could give me an approximation of where the new Roman auxillary units are recruitable on the macro map?

As in, I assume the Hispanic auxillary cavalry is recruitable in most of spain, the Gallic cavalry in Gaul, Is the German Cavalry roughly available just in Germania Superior & Inferior, or all of Germania?

And the Thracian auxillary Cavalry. Since there's no proper thracian faction that I can tell, where are they recruitable at? Historical Thrace? Historical Illyria?

Also, from an East to West standpoint on the game map. Where is the approximate point where the "Western Auxillary Infantry" ends and the "Eastern Auxillary Infantry" begins?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Question about new Roman auxillaries

Quote Originally Posted by DRR7799 View Post
    Hey,
    As in, I assume the Hispanic auxillary cavalry is recruitable in most of spain, the Gallic cavalry in Gaul, Is the German Cavalry roughly available just in Germania Superior & Inferior, or all of Germania?

And the Thracian auxillary Cavalry. Since there's no proper thracian faction that I can tell, where are they recruitable at? Historical Thrace? Historical Illyria?

Also, from an East to West standpoint on the game map. Where is the approximate point where the "Western Auxillary Infantry" ends and the "Eastern Auxillary Infantry" begins?

Thanks in advance.
    You basicly answered all your own questions. Iberian auxiliary in Iberia, Gallic in Gaul, Germanic in Germanic lands*not just those 2 proviences*, and Thracian in Thrace *why would they be Illyria?*. I'm havn't but I'm about 95% sure west is all of europe, Greece and everything west of that. The Eastern units from the Middle/Near East lands.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Thracian auxilia cavlary are available in Naissos, Serdike, Kallatis, Tylis, and Byzantion.

I was kind of wondering where the east/west infantry auxilia break was too. If my stupid faction leader would die, I could tell you.

The border between aestern and western auxiliary infantry is approx. the border between greek and latin dominated culture in the later roman empire.

Western auxilia in europe, except greece and northern africa including leptis magna but not east of it. Eastern auxilia in Asia, Cyrene, all african provinces east of it, greece and the crimea + bosphoran kingdom.

Both are not available in the steppes in deeper sahara.
    Last edited by cunctator; February 24, 2007 at 02:46 AM.