Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Wiki] Upload sites

Default Re: Upload sites

Updated - thanks again Drak

Badongo download function was just timing out at moment so I've put comment on that till I can check it again.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

As for Filefront:

Dear FileFront User,

We are contacting you to notify you that one or more of your hosted files has been placed in a deletion queue due to their inactivity. The files of yours that have been added to the queue were done so due to their size and recent inactivity.

If you do not wish for your file or files to be deleted, simply complete the following steps:

1) Visit http://www.filefront.com/ and login
    2) Once logged in, visit http://deletionqueue.hosted.filefront.com/
    3) Click the checkbox next to the file(s) you do not wish to be deleted, and click the green "do not delete" button

If no action is taken, the files of yours in the deletion queue will be permanently removed in approximately 7 days.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Yeah, Filefront keeps doing that to me too - it's one I had a question mark by in first post as it didn't seem to have a stated retention time. I can't figure out what basis it sends that message out on either, it was doing it more frequently to me when mod was actually being downloaded more often!

In going to check that I just realised that uploaded.to have dumped my file, their site didn't say anything about retention time, but there obviously is some cut off

time to go back and play with some of the others again, aargh!

Filefront is free isnt it?

Busy!!!

yep, filefront is free and you can register for free which gives you more control over your files. - The notice of deletion thing I suppose is better than just being deleted without notice! It's not a problem if you manage to respond in time...

Sinuhet's Avatar Preparing for death

If you have asked me still one week ago, I would have praised Filefront, however, I am a bit disappointed with it from yesterday after several times to try upload my file of 480 MB size.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but my uploads are "freezing" after such 80-100 MB, with screen saying me that upload is completed. They state that you have unlimited count of your files, each of them 1GB maximally and/or no more than 10 hours of uploading. I fulfiled these conditions (in both of them slightly less than half of maximum), but something is wrong with upload after such 30 min....

BTW, I am registerd user in Filefront more than 1 year alredy, so I dont recon that it colud be a question of my "limited rights" there ....

Anyone some suggestions? I am am going to split my file into 10 pieces each 50 MB in size to be able to upload it, but it is a bit inconvenient for users to download 10 various pieces and then join them ...

Bye Sinuhet
    My TW games "Battle Formations" projects:
    Sinuhet's ETW Formations v2.0 – for ETW
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v5.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations v7.0 – for RTW 1.5

In Patrocinivm Svb HorseArcher

I am not able to upload Files at Filefront
    Has the site problems???

Busy!!!

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Yeah, I too noticed that uploading very large files is a problem with Filefront. Fortunately, having it split up into several smaller files is actually a good thing, but I guess that's not the case for a lot of people.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Icon3 Do you need free download webspace for TW Mods?

If you disappoint of free webspace provider and there low connections and download waiting-lines then, I have the ultimate solution for you!

I am the founder of a community and company that is working in security and owner of many servers on the www. Most of the servers are in use for ours internal services, like ssh access for members, email, projects and other things.
    But we have some servers, that are momentarly not in use or only for websites, like some of our public servers.

So!

I had the idea that everybody, who need it, can host there MODs, additional to free providers like megaupload and rapidshare etc., at ours servers.
    Because ours servers for you are fast (100Mbit Connection on a 62Gbit Backbone at Nuremberg), have many space and will stay a long time (forever?). And above all
    --- IT IS FREE ---

Simply have a look here: http://www.freeunix.net/

Please understand, that we preferring to host Free Projects!

Info about [PHCN]
    Last edited by DarthShredder; March 26, 2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: remove emails, give a Link to Projectsite

From the dawn of time we came ...
    PHCN

Main Page: http://depositfiles.com/
    File Size Limit: 300mb (for free)
    Download Counter: ? (did not see one)
    File Retention Time: 30 days after last download
    URL Upload: whats this?
    Other Comments: Adds and pop-ups if you use it for free
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

URL upload is that you can enter an URL so that the site downloads it from that URL, you won't have to upload it from your machine.

Indefinitely Banned

So, can some one tell me the most reliable site for large uploads? I'm willing to pay and would prefer some sort of included software that you can upload files via so that if problems occur I can simply re-start or pause uploads with. I know sendspace has a nice one - problem is that it takes only 300MB per file. Our mod's compressed size is about 650-700MB and I would like a site that can take that size and provides proper software so its not such a pain.

Filefront seems to screw up and my browser goes "time-out" for too large files. So I don't consider it reliable.
    Last edited by Miraj; September 04, 2007 at 01:33 AM.

If you're willing to pay then the best way is probably to set up a site for your mod.

I have huge problems with most upload sites; even when downloading! FATW uses Dreamhost and although some team members seem to complain (Cough, MoN, cough), I really like it; they have good prices, huge storage spaces and large upload limits. Plus, there are alot of goodies that you can make your site better with! And when you buy some space, you get a free URL too

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks for the info Arakon, much appreciated.

One more Q:

What about TWC? Will they host our mod (650mb) and is it reliable?

No. Too large if they get many downloads (even if they get few )

Indefinitely Banned

Kind of silly if you ask me. TWC might as well not exist without mods. Some dedicated space and bandwidth for larger modifications would have been nice. Feels rather odd paying money uploading a mod that people get for free anyways. But I guess we have no choice in the matter...

Who would pay for hosting mods? (Here at TWC that is)

Indefinitely Banned

Oh no, I meant that it'd be nice if TWC could provide more higher bandwidth and large file uploads and such. Paying was referring to modders having to to go outside twc to pay for upload/sites or rely on rather shaky free-upload sites.

But then again, who would pay for it? Bandwidth and space cost you know... (I'm sure that TWC has quite alot of space though, the problem here is the bandwidth)

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arakorn-eir View Post
    But then again, who would pay for it? Bandwidth and space cost you know... (I'm sure that TWC has quite alot of space though, the problem here is the bandwidth)
    Good point, I guess I shouldn't complain. Bandwidth is a major issue indeed. We're quite happy to be able to host our mod on such a great and active site.

But no doubt, TWC being able to host large and heavily downloaded mods would be on my wish-list for sure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast