Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Guide to Modding Character Names in M2:TW

Default Re: A Guide to Modding Character Names in M2:TW

Thanks for the Guide! Just made myself King of England.

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Hi, I had a question about name changing to a already existing unit. How would I change for example, "Hashashim" to "Assassiyoon", or "Christian guard" to "Iberian Heavy Infantry", and make it appear in the game as such?

Thanks for any help.

PS: I may have posted this elsewhere, but I think it was the wrong thread.
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

I don't know if this is still active or not but it seems like a well enough place to ask. If I just want to take out possible names for England, not add any in, can I just delete the ones I don't want in the descr_name file? Or will I end up with a bunch of whacky no names?

Help
    I have a character in game "Veliky Knyaz Vladimir"
    Now I managed it to come up in game as "Veliky Knyaz Moore".
    However I cannot seem to change the two first names ...

I have done this in the names.txt file and of course deleted the bin file but it only seems to show the surname as I want:
    {Vladimir}Moore
    {Veliky_Knyaz}Jon-Bob
    {Veliky}Jon
    {Knyaz}Bob

I have also tried to add Veliky Knyaz to the list of bynames in the descr_names.txt but I cannot seem to get the game to read different first names?

someone answered me in this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-First-Names-)

(Using the Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod) I spent some hours changing the names of some of the factions. I got rid of almost all of the male names for England and Ireland and replaced them in the corresponding files, as well as switching out some names for Norway. I made sure any name that I added in the descr_names file were also added to names and descr_names_lookup. I kept getting kicked back to the menu screen when I tried to start a new campaign. After looking around on the forum a little, I realized that I had deleted names of startup characters for these factions, so I added them back to the descr_names file (I hadn't deleted them from either of the other ones), but I am still getting the same issue. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I meant, changing the character names, not faction names, btw.

I just added names in the files, following the above isctructions..but it didn't work properly. So I guess I have to make all the work using the excel way...even if I add a single name on the 2(3) "names" files...damn..

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

No Excel is needed, just use Notepad++ (don't use any program that leaves something additional behind).
    You must delete the related .bin file for the changes to appear in the game.

I'm having difficulty with replacing the names found in the Total Vanilla Beyond mod with the ones from this project. I've replaced the names found in the names, descr_names, campaign_script, and descr_strat files but nothing seems to work. No matter what I try I keep getting kicked back to the menu when I try to start a new campaign.
    Please help me, this is very infuriating
    https://files.catbox.moe/19w8my.txt

https://files.catbox.moe/h7v64e.txt

descr_names.txtdescr_strat.txt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234