Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bugs and issues

Default Re: Bugs and issues

that sounds like you are trying to open the .exe file for BI instead of creating a shortcut to it! To make the shortcut you need to right-click the logo for the bi.exe file which is in the rome - total war folder then select "create shortcut", when you've made the shortcut right click that as well and add
    the -mod:bi\eod to the properties line. After that when you double click the shortcut the eod game should launch.

Can you post a screen shot of what you are clicking when it gives you the 'open with, programs...' message. Also what operating system does your computer use? If it is vista there might be some problem we haven't come across yet...

my screen buttons dont work so i cant do that. and when i try to do what you tell e the same thing happens

what is your computer operating system? XP, Vista, Windows... or Mac ?

windows

I meant more specifically than that, there are versions of windows with number after them 95, 98 , 2003 etc. then XP which is also a windows system and vista which is the newest windows system. If you have very new one (vista) or very old one (98) it might be having some sort of problem that I'd need to research.

If you're not sure which it is open "my computer" and select "help" then "about windows" it should tell you which system it is there.

oh sorry lol 2000 im an idiot when it comes to computers.

just seen the screen shot - as you've got it in there and not higher I think you might have made the shortcut to the folder and not the game exe.

the thing highlighted is the .exe file for BI that is what you need to make the shortcut from. Set your folder options to view details if that helps to see what names of things are. You also seem to be putting the path in the name for the shortcut and not its properties. When you get to its properties it should look like this
    when you are editing the path:

wait do i when i do the above step do i click on the shortcut or the end of days icon? i clicked on the shortcut before and had an extra option called provincal campaign is that it?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Presuming you would have noticed if you accessed the mod I'm thinking 'no'. you seem to be confused with the end of days icon bit, forget about that for now, if you have installed the mod correctly you just need to make a copy of your BI exe (little red bi icon) right click over it and select properties, then add -mod:bi\eod to the properties line. start the game from there and it should work.

lol then i think i seriously screwed up look ill take some screens of what it shows.

Halie's right but to clarify its the shortcut to the BI exe you need to add -mod:bi\eod to, in the properties line. If you already have a shortcut to the BI exe you can make copy of it to use - as you don't seem quite sure which parts are shortcut etc, I'd recommend starting by making new one follow pics:

Right click on the BI exe (that is in the Rome - Total War folder and has flag shaped red icon shown) to select it and choose 'create shortcut'.

that will make you shortcut which looks like BI icon but with little arrow called 'Shortcut to RomeTW-BI.exe' right click on that and select 'properties' as shown above.

in the properties screen add the -mod:bi\eod -show_err text to the target line as shown in pic and click apply. Now if you double click that shortcut it should launch the mod, the mod does look distinctly different from BI on the menu screens - you will know when you have got it working.

(you can if you want re-name the shortcut and put the EoD logo on it later, but that is not necessary and will probably confuse things for now)

EDIT: oops just saw you posted whilst I was posting, if above doesn't help describe what you've done - also let us know do you still have normal BI working?

heres a pic of what happens when i click on the shortcut

then when i click on provincal campaign this comes up

well the good news is you do have a shortcut that launches the game

that screen though is the one from Rome: Total War not BI (or eod) - you will get that if you put -mod on the shortcut but have something misspelt so... as it can't find mod it takes you to RTW instead.

check what you put in the target line of that shortcut the part you must have to get the mod to work is:

-mod:bi\eod

see the screenshots I've posted of the shortcut properties screen, you put that after the " at the end of the target line, and it should have a space between the " and the - so end of line looks like:

....activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi\eod

(end of days looks nothing like RTW which is what you are viewing at the moment)

- if you can't spot the error please post a screen shot of your shortcut's properties screen with that added bit of text showing, oh, if you put the -show_err on the end without a space in between that and the -mod section that might be the problem.

so long as there isn't anything odd after the 'd' at the end of that first shot, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that.

Is that still giving you the same RTW screens (eg with imperial and provincial campaign options) you showed before?

Am running out of ideas now! Can you do a screen shot of the contents of bi/eod/data folder eg the data folder that is showing in your screen shot in this post:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...&postcount=105

can it be because it says the creative assembly instead of activion?

well you could have installed the mod to the wrong place if you didn't direct it to the right path for your installation eg. the creative assembly path. BUT if you followed the rest of the instructions you would have the BI game in the eod folder and would be getting that when you used the -mod:bi\eod shortcut and not the RTW game which is what you are getting.

Please try and do a screenshot of the contents of bi/eod/data (preferably using the 'view details' setting on your computer so I can see the dates of the files in there)

Also have a look in your C:program files folder and see if you now have an activision folder! that might show you installed the mod to wrong place.

heres the DATA