Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TTW 4.0 Feedback

Default Re: TTW 4.0 Feedback

Tried your fix from berserker to disiplined in export_descr_units ctd every time. Also downloaded the patch,and the seafaring fix for argos javilin in export_desr_units causes it to ctd every time. Did a clean install patched 1.2, 1.3,1.5,installed barbarian invasion,patch 1.6, installed trot 4.0. Game runs perfect. All the patches work except the fixes to export_descr_units.txt ctds every time. Removed the fixes to export_descr_units.txt and game runs fine
    Last edited by littleman; March 28, 2007 at 09:45 AM.

I changed the export_descr_units.txt in the data folder and left the one in bi\data folder alone. the game doesnt ctd anymore. Changed bodyguards from berserk to disiplined.They still go berserk,but the dont just stand there like before,now thy slowly move forward and fight.

Wow...this is really strange....for me, it would CTD every time only if I didn't fix it manually. But all the zip files would cause me to CTD.

Anyways, I'm glad you got the problem to work, I would have liked to keep them the ability to go berserk to make them more godlike but it was either missile ability or berserk, and I didn't want to say goodbye to those uber pila...lol

the mod is great, all the units look great.

one thing is niggleing me though. diplomats why is it that they can only talk to another diplomat, but the AI can talk to one of my cities, do you know how hard it is to find some of the AI's diplomats, its very frustrating.

im playing as troy and my diplomats are going round in cirxles looking for diplomats in greece.

Oh and by the way, as troy should i have Odysyus as one of my family members, i thought he was from Ithica, and fought against Troy.?
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

The mod is excellent. It has everything a man could ask for in a mod: new campaign, factions, units, music... And all packed in a quality mod named Troy: Total War.

Excellent work!

One thing though: you might consider putting real pictures of faction leaders instead of screenshots.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Great Mod!

Downloaded it yesterday and it had already cost me a half night.

I had to go insolvent before I realised that those were the days of small elite warbands and not the periode of Roman or Hellenistic mass armies. A Prince or two, an additional hero and two or three bands of skirmirshers - that's enough to overrun any barbarian settlement. Hireing one or two bands of armoured mercs to these would make an army as mighty as any full stock of Hastati or Macedonian Phalanx in RTW.

Indeed a very nice conversion of RTW to the Bronze Age warfare.

There are so far only two things that I don't like.

First:

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Champion View Post
    one thing is niggleing me though. diplomats why is it that they can only talk to another diplomat, but the AI can talk to one of my cities, do you know how hard it is to find some of the AI's diplomats, its very frustrating.
    Yes. Diplomats seem to be just well payed explorers. Talking with towns or armies is impossible and other diplomats are more rare to find than the Golden Fleece.

The other thing are the unit cards/slots. White isn't a good choice as background color because in the heat of battle it is sometimes difficult to see by one look which unit is actually selected. Tan would be better. May be the graphical icon shouldn't show an extract of the picture of the info screen but an image of the unit's modell on the field. Some of these are really hard to distinguish by the unit card, especally because they seem to beare all excotic.

greetings

Ralf

I have played this mod for some time now, and just one thing is bugging me: the Mycenaeans are way too aggressive. No matter which faction I choose, they attack me almost instantly, so they aren't too strong to beat me, not too weak to back off, so it's a major irritant.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Schnitzel View Post
    I have played this mod for some time now, and just one thing is bugging me: the Mycenaeans are way too aggressive. No matter which faction I choose, they attack me almost instantly, so they aren't too strong to beat me, not too weak to back off, so it's a major irritant.
    That is because they conquered all of greece in real life. Play as lydia or some eastern faction if you don't want to fight them.

I know, but this isn't real life. Playing as Ithaca or Pylos is almost impossible this way. Wherever I expand with them, they attack me and don't leave me alone, although I beat them every time, but I don't have the muscle to conquer them. What should I do then?

EDIT: Oh, things ease up a bit if I put Normal difficulty
    Last edited by Herr Schnitzel; July 21, 2007 at 11:26 AM.

Pylos is very hard, but you should be able to defend long enough for other nations to weaken mycenae.

Ithaca is very easy in my opinion because you can conquer anywhere along the coast, outflank and outmanuover them.

You're right about Ithaca, I was just using the wrong strategy (dig in and wait instead of mobility). Now I can counter every move they make, so I breathe easier.

Pylos is still damn hard, but I'll try out your advice...

@ konny. There are a few fixes/patches avialabel, one of which is for the diplomats ( others are berserker generals , sea-borne troops and assassins )

See the suggestions & feedback thread, I think

you just answerd my questions as well, thanks
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    @ konny. There are a few fixes/patches avialabel, one of which is for the diplomats ( others are berserker generals , sea-borne troops and assassins )
    Thanks a lot!

hi i just wanted to throw this out as a suggestion next time u make a mod for troy tw u should try moding medivel total war 2 so greeks could do like a crusades against troy idk if uv thought of this but just a suggestion

that sounds ok but the medieval TW thing just doesnt go together with Ancient greeks but good idea
    ACHILLES

Well, I posted this the other day and so I found out this is where I'm supposed to put it so....:

I have a few problems with downloading the mod. I'll just start with it: I just got RTW Gold today and the first thing on my mind was to download this mod. So I looked at the instructions and I downloaded the 1.6 patch. I was using an expired trial version of WinRar. Then I downloaded this mod. I put in my main RTW folder. I didn't play it automatically because I had to do something . Then after, I ran BI and it was just normal. If anyone can help me it would be great. Thanks if you do.

First posted by Zhuge_Liang
    Instructions

-You must have a CLEAN installation of Rome - Total War Barbarian Invasion Installed and patched to version 1.6
    -Download the exe (link below)
    -If you move this exe to your RTW folder it will automatically detect the installation path, otherwise:
    -Select your main RTW folder for installation.
    -The installation should do everything else.
    -Run BI as normal.

Enjoy!

Download Link - Megaupload

Filefront Download

v4.0 is not save game compatible with saves from any previous TTW release including the gold release.
    ACHILLES

Yeah it still dosen't work. Wait, is this suppossed to be for onlines play only?

i don`t think so
    ACHILLES

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast