Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TTW 4.0 Feedback

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: TTW 4.0 Feedback

i've seen "trojan" pictures, uhm, like priamos and paris on characters from other factions, like ithaca, argos and mycenae..

is this something to change??
    proud norwegian

This can not be changed. If the pictures are to be included at all then they will be in a pool of pictures available to all factions.

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

ooh..
    okay
    just thought it was quite odd to see Paris lead an Ithacan army..
    proud norwegian

There seem to be some posts missing:hmmm:

Anybody succeeded as the Amazons ?

Greetings,

I heard about your mod from a friend and I installed it. It's very nice, some bugs here and there that have already been addressed ( such as culture), but I thought it was amazing that there was only about 6 or 7 notable ones. In any case...

I have one thing to add for feedback, and one question.

Feedback: I believe this was addressed slightly by bobby, but the generals bodyguard of Pthians go berserk as soon as I get into battle and when that happens, they aren't just unable to control(as it should be), but they completely stop fighting and they stand perfectly still as enemies hack them down. I don't know if the zip file bobby made fixed it or not which leads to my question...

How do I make use of the .zip files? I use WinRAR and I don't know what command I use to move the patches to where they are supposed to be, and even if I did, I don't know where to extract them to? I can't find any Troy: Total War folder in the copy I made of the original Rome: Total War folder for this mod.

Someone please Help!

Go to your bi/data folder and find the file export_descr_units in this file find the extires for the phthian bodyguards and the myrmidons and remove the berserk ability. This will fix the bug.

Thank you very much Zhuge Liang, and overall, thanks to you and your team for putting together this great mod : )

I still would like to add on the mini mods bobby and Nicodemus though but I don't know how...

Once again, thank you

Download the files provided on page 2, unzip them and drop and drag them into your Rome - Total War/bi/data folder

Bah, my tampering with the text files screwed something up...now the game starts up and I see the loading screen for one second, then it closes...

And, how do I unzip the files using WinRAR?

I suspect I installed the game wrong. When you direct the TTW file, do you direct it just to the Rome: Total War folder (which has bi in it), or do you direct it to the bi folder inside the rome: total war folder?

I was supposed to remove berserker from this line of code right?

stat_mental 18, berserker, highly_trained

Quote Originally Posted by Totalis View Post
    I was supposed to remove berserker from this line of code right?

stat_mental 18, berserker, highly_trained

That is correct, and you install the mod to the rome - total war folder.

Problem solved. Instead of completely erasing berserker, I had to replace it with its opposite, disciplined, in order for the game to work at all. Thank you for your help and keep up the great work on this mod

Totalis

Hi all

About the Achilles problem: I've noticed the unit has the 'archery' as its primary weapon type. Perhaps it would help changing it to 'pilum'? Then the unit knows the missile is just for a preparatory strike before the charge.

Nico: Great idea getting the gods more into the game. Perhaps the gods could be written into the ancillary/trait system. Paris could be 'loved by Aphrodite' getting some bonusses [especially on creating offspring ]. Odysseus could be 'hated by Poseidon' giving him a minus when travelling over sea or something along those lines. Could add further homerian flavour to the game. Furthermore, religion could also play a larger role in the building tree. Chosing your favorite god like in vanila RTW will give you different benefits. Perhaps you could also build small shrines to other deities giving you bonusses for placating the gods. Most of the action in the homeric epics and period dramas revolve around the theme of angering or placating gods and deities.

Bobby

Anyone play the Amazons ?

They don't seem to reproduce at all ! 48 turns and all I have is 3 marriages and 1 child...at this rate there will be no characters left !!

Also noticed the importance of doctors...without them children appear slowly, but as soon as a character gains a docter : bingo ! out pops a child...

lol, I guess people don't really go for Amazons. I know I didn't...when I first got the game My 3 main options (as I suspect the majority of TTW players went for), was Ithaca, (because I read the Odyssey), Sparta (because I watched 300), and Phthia(the myrmidons, because I watched Troy)

But..whats this doctor thing? Is it a trait that makes the character reproduce? I never noticed it..

And I also like the Gods' idea as ancillaries....this mod has a lot of amazing potential, but mods don't allow for all of it to be taken advantage of

I didn't realise about doctors either, but playing with a "small family" as the Amazons, they really didn't move quickly in the family expansion way, not even any adopted generals.

Once I looked about I bit I discovered that doctors improve this, so built an academy, doctor arrived, baby arrived ! Quite remarkable.

I suspect that the Amazons should probably have a bigger family to start with then it wouldn't be so obvious. Also, allowing them to gain a wise woman ( naturally ) and a herbalist with similar child-improving abilities seemed to help.

Same for ancillaries that help with conversion. Once you start capturing cities outside of your own culture, you need help to convert the population.

Easterners do OK, but Greeks don't have much to help them at the moment. All the barbarians have is a pet lion
    Last edited by Nicodemus; March 27, 2007 at 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Strange, I haven't played either Ithaca, Sparta or Phthia ! First I went for was Troy, then Argos, then Lycia ( really quite hard, even with their amazing archers : everyone attacks them ) and now the Amazons ( also hard, because they are Barbarian, stuck in with the Easterners ).

Looking forward to trying Minoa as well.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast