Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: TTW 4.0 Feedback

Default Re: TTW 4.0 Feedback

A few years ago I downloaded and tried rome total war: total realism and was annoyed when it would crash for various things like checking building descriptions. It put me off checking any further mods. As a David Gemmell reader, ever since I read his Troy trilogy Ive been after a game set in greece. This mod is the greatest Ive ever played;
    1 file to download and install,
    works without major problems,
    full of historical information to read and to set the scene.

Its just the expansion I was looking for. 1 problem has arose however regarding the heroes. Like possibly a few other people, as soon as it was installed I jumped into the campaign to be able to control achilles and to watch him fight. The problem I noticed was that after their intial jump and attack, the hero and his squad of soldiers stop fighting. They throw there spears and then do nothing. The berserk element is really good! I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem or if it was easily fixable? Im currently playing the 4.0 version, is it fixed in 4.5?

This should be fixed in the mod folder version, however you can change it yourself my removing the "berserk" attribute of the phthian general entry in the export_descr_unit file

First of all, it is a excellent Mod, worth playing. A little suggestion: the UnitCard would be redone and rendered? The current ones need refinement somehow.

We had started a projet to redo the unit cards, but instead we are focusing our efforts on making aristeia as good as it can be.

My two cents:

Pros
    - The music was excellent. Really makes a nice in-game "atmosphere."
    - The little black-and-white cinematics going on behind the menu screen are downright stunning. I have no idea how you did that, but it's great.
    - A good variety of units for each faction with a lot of detail. Icons for heroes from the Iliad are pretty neat. Also a bunch of cool mercenaries.
    - Expanded building tree makes it fun to play a long campaign.
    - Whoever made this mod is obviously well-read with a pretty good grasp on bronze age history. Excellent attention to detail and historical accuracy where applicable.
    - I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I actually like the fact that diplomats can't negotiate with commanders. Only diplomat-to-diplomat or diplomat-to-city... adds an interesting dynamic.
    - Excellent campaign map with lots of settlements. Conquering Anatolia is a real project.

Cons
    - Just a few minor glitches that have little effect on gameplay. I posted them in the bugs thread.

Excellent work. Anyone who hasn't tried this mod yet is missing out.

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

just wondering... as Arthur is a predetermined family member of the Albion family line in End of Days, would it be possible at a future date to include the Trojan prince Aeneas? He's important in mythology in general, even if not this particular.
    The Duke of Dunwich and surrounding fiefdom

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Nikolos's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang View Post

Aineias
    Thats how his name was spelt traditionally

i can't play Rome TW anymore! and it's all because of this mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Rider View Post
    i can't play Rome TW anymore! and it's all because of this mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's because you probably installed the non-modfoldered version.

Ununstall RTW and its expansions, then reinstall, and DL and install the modfoldered version of TTW, which can be found here. This version won't overwrite your original game files.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    That's because you probably installed the non-modfoldered version.

Ununstall RTW and its expansions, then reinstall, and DL and install the modfoldered version of TTW, which can be found here. This version won't overwrite your original game files.
    Thanks

I put this in for my mac, and managed to get it running. However, it will not go past the first load screen can you tell me what to do?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567