Page 10 of 145 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Screen Shots

pseudocaesar's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Player Screen Shots

Proud Roma Surrectum Team member.
    Local Moderator for Roma Surrectum forums. PM if you need help there.

just playing my game and was attacked by the gauls (6 battles in one turn!!) so i decided to have a look at the rest of the map to see what everyone else was doing.

I noticed from the mini map that macedon is getting rather large so i had a look around there territory to find....

the thing that scares me the most is the (ex egyptions) are even bigger

Good grief! As long as they don't burn themselves out completely on each other, you've got a challenge ahead!

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Good grief! As long as they don't burn themselves out completely on each other, you've got a challenge ahead!
    I'm kinda hoping that would happen to be honest.
    No point in rushing into a war when the enemy is at it's strongest

omg man. That's why you should take care of macedon first, wipe them out before they become to powerful.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    omg man. That's why you should take care of macedon first, wipe them out before they become to powerful.
    i think its just personal preference. i prefer expanding to the left and taking carthage out first.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Origin_Unknown View Post
    just playing my game and was attacked by the gauls (6 battles in one turn!!) so i decided to have a look at the rest of the map to see what everyone else was doing.

I noticed from the mini map that macedon is getting rather large so i had a look around there territory to find....

What difficulty level are you playing?

Also, I'm hoping to release the hotfix tomorrow...it will change that considerably...I think. And although it should be save game compatible, the economic changes will probably ravage that compaign of your's. Egypt and Macedon won't even be able to PAY for a military that size...nor will you.

What's really interesting about your campaign is that Pontus, Sarmatia and Parthia are still around, and Bosporan is gone! I have NEVER seen them be beaten.
    Last edited by dvk901; July 14, 2007 at 12:14 PM.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

its on H campaign / m battle.

a few turns on from that the macedon's are being puched back.... there's trouble looming

Oh no the hotfix is tomorrow. My campaign.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

bummer those 2 armies aint crossing the street lol
    Roma Surrectum Fanatics. Click HERE to Join Us!!!
    Death is light as a feather, Duty heavier then a mountain

Man those Ptolemies are tough birds...

I took Byzantium and had an alliance with Pergamum, and I only toggle_fow every ten years or so to check up on world standing.

Well I had trade rights with the Ptolemies, took Rhodes from the Greeks, ending their official, governed existence (only the "Greek" free people remained ever present) and was doing pretty well. Then the ocean becomes infested with egyptian ships, my little navy was in port in Athens and Rome awating re-outfitting, and all of a sudden I've got a dozen simultanious blockades on my cities.

I reoutfitted my naval forces quickly, augmenting them with a dozen biremes and tiremes, and sailed from Rome with my western navy and from Athens with my biggest baddest navy, started the process of destroying their spread out navy one battle at a time. So that was done in a matter of a few years, and I started a plan to build three legions, a cavalry corps, and two Auxiliary legions, for the invasion of Aegyptus. And then what do ya know, the Germans took both my auxiliary legions, my cavalry corps had to go to Mediolanum to help stave off the free people, and my three legions had to go from Greece to Byzantium to stave off a dozen stacks of Ptolemies crossing there. So my plans were thwarted. I may do like I used to do in vanilla, send a general to the coast of north africa with two or three auxilia cohorts, some archers, artillery, and a cavalry ala, and rely on mercs to pull a guerilla campaign.
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

Patrician

That's what I had to do to Spain....sail over to Gallaecia with a Legion and attack them city by city, destroying their base of operations. I eventually lost the Legion in a town where I held off two seige attacks..and finally lost the third. I nearly wept for them. Boy, they sure took the wind out of Iberias sails though!!

I am now facing a similiar situation as you are with Egypt. They are MASSIVELY wealthy and built up, while I am still fighting off the Germans and the Free People. I don't know what I'll do if they attack me now....they must have 30 armies in Anatolia alone!

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by Origin_Unknown View Post

Make sure you be very nice to egypt and give them lots of money

Quote Originally Posted by Jimexander the Mighty View Post
    Make sure you be very nice to egypt and give them lots of money

they've now moved further into greece. im currently engaged in mortal combat with the gauls so im not sure what my next plan of action will be!

Nellup's Avatar Campidoctor

Here's a couple of screen shots from a battle in my campaign that I thought were very dynamic:

From a different angle:

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something" - Plato

Wow, down to the Trarii! that's when a tactical withdraw and reform is in order. Did you lose the battle? Those Hellenistic armies are hard to beat throughout the game. I always, when in that predicament, try to pull out my strongest units, put them on fire at will mode so they'll pelt the rest of their javelins at the phalanx, and try to turn their flanks. That poor Triarii... Made it through the ranks only to be pummeled late in life at the hands of a greek horseman.
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

Thanks to many charges into the rear of the phalanx formations (and, I suspect due to only playing medium difficulty - I know I ought to play on hard, but hey I've never played the Romans on RS before) I managed to win the battle - here's a screen-shot

Although my faction leader survived all the charges in the phalanxes, he promptly died of old age the next turn!
    And that Triarii didn't manage to survive...
    Last edited by Nellup; July 17, 2007 at 12:41 PM.
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something" - Plato

Patrician

Good job!! Oh and, that's the ONLY way to beat a phalanx...hit 'em in the rear.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I, when invading any hellenistic area, recruit as many Heavy Bosporan infantry as possible. Their falxes were made to swipe away/cut away the pikes of a phalanx. Then the poor greek was royally screwed; his spear was broken or the enemy was too close to use it, and a good hoplite trained with a sword only if he thought he could learn no more with a spear. So I use them to make the frontal assault/hold the line, while my heavy infantry maneuvers.

The understanding of tactics can NEVER, EVER be underestimated. Especially for those of us who try to treat their legions as if they were real and keep casualties to a minimum.

EDIT: I meant Bosporan Mercs, of course...

Nice technical battle terminology - "royally screwed"