Thread: Post your Empire

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Post your Empire

I hope they do go more historically accurate with it than CA does. I hope for a "Europa Barbarorum" level accuracy.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

That is if they DO make a game about Rome. They are constantly denying it on Paradox forums, ignoring a vast market that they could've benefitted from.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

You know, savegame editing and making slight tweaks can be fun: Here is the resurrected Rome. MASS cultural conflict imminent!

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Lacks Dacia
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Lacks Dacia
    Well, it also lacks eastern Armenia, Mesopotamia, Assyria, Nabataea and most importantly it lacks Germania Superior. By 400 AD, Roman Empire had abandoned those areas because it was becoming mind-bogglingly difficult to defend those provinces from constant barbarian raids. Germanic Limes were abandoned in favour of a line of fortifications on the Rhine, same goes for the Danube. Dacia was totally open to raids, so they finally abandoned it and fell back to the province of Moesia (now known as Bulgaria). I tried to make it as close as possible to this map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._ca_400_AD.png

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Maximus, could you give me the save for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    Maximus, could you give me the save for that?
    Sure, why not. But be warned, the savegame is not the only thing I had edited. I had to make some changes in the game files too. But it might be able to work without them.

Another warning, all those nations with colonies (France, Britain, Spain) are still existing. Don't be alarmed if they immediately declare war on you to retake their cores, especially Austria and Prussia.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Well, it also lacks eastern Armenia, Mesopotamia, Assyria, Nabataea and most importantly it lacks Germania Superior. By 400 AD, Roman Empire had abandoned those areas because it was becoming mind-bogglingly difficult to defend those provinces from constant barbarian raids. Germanic Limes were abandoned in favour of a line of fortifications on the Rhine, same goes for the Danube. Dacia was totally open to raids, so they finally abandoned it and fell back to the province of Moesia (now known as Bulgaria). I tried to make it as close as possible to this map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._ca_400_AD.png
    I'm pretty sure that the Byzantines wouldn't even bother trying to reconquer the whole Roman empire of old back, simpy because times had changed, and trying to take on France, Spain, England and HRE would be much harder than Celts, Germanians and Iberians.

Indefinitely Banned

My current Brandenburg-> Prussia game (Thuringia is my vassal)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And my previous (finished) campaign of Ottoman Empire (Najd is my vassal, couldn't annex it because of sabotaged reputation)
    Last edited by Heavy Weapons Guy; September 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I've only been looking at other people's screenshots but are Scotland vastly overpowered in EU4?

Indefinitely Banned

No, it eventually gets conquered by England when it stabilizes.

If I remember right, EU3 had some kind of 'Highlanders' event that popped up every time England attacked Scotland. It gave some free troops to the Scots to help them fight. It seems to have disappeared in EU4, but in this game Scots do a good job holding themselves against England and surviving.

Indefinitely Banned

Brandenburg -> Prussia -> Germany

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Dat Scotland.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

God, that Scotland...England has been reduced to bits holding only Kent and Cornwall.

Oh, and what's that in Italy?

Indefinitely Banned

It's Milan and now Scotland owns all England!

My Brunei>Malay campaign, wanted to see how europe was doing and saw 2 big blobs Portugal and Spain have been allied for almost 200 years now and I can't make any advances on Zhou

Indefinitely Banned

Vassals: Switzerland, Lorraine, Bohemia.

Indefinitely Banned

My Oman game:

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Do I win the award for the most f'd up map?

the Aztecs just arrived within the last few years and destroyed the Almoravids during a civil war, whih i was hoping would help the Christians in Spain who have been pretty much terrible all game, yet are still Jimena. My Catholic Khanum wife just died at 32, as she'd somehow been sick and infertile for a few years. My son inherited yet was pissed I changed succession laws so that my cousin (quick son of my predecessor to my character in Scandinavia) could electively succeed in both the HRE and Scandinavia, so I warred him to put his sister on the Pecheneg throne.

The Mongols have made absolutely no sense, as the Ilkhanate started very strong under Hulegu himself, conquering much of Persia, until the Golden Horde arrived. The Golden Horde conquered pretty much all the way to Russia, bordering both me and the Pecheneg (Catholics since very early in-game) in a couple of years. Suddenly their young Khan died and they had a huge succession war, but managed to win, and then proceeded to wreck the Ilkhanate in Persia, but still let them keep their easternmost provinces. After several years of relative stability and peace they suddenly conquered Mesopotamia to Egypt in a couple of years, wrecking the Sunnis in the area and suddenly becoming a very, very scare force indeed. They're in a independence war with most of Russia again, and somehow are losing despite being able to field 300k levies. Pretty soon they will be bordering the Aztecs in Africa, which will lead to quite an interesting situation.

In like 10 years, the Muslims have gone from doing above average, controlling much of southern Russia from the Seljuqs, with a very stable Caliphate in the east, and almost all of Span with very powerful Almoravids in North Africa and Southern Spain, and the Dhunnids dejuring the Christian kingdoms of Northern Spain, to being forced to pretty much just pockets in Spain, North Africa and all of Mali.

Perhaps the most surprising move was seeing the Kingdom of Perm form from the last remaining Suonomeskos remaining in the Russian waste after I eradicated Lithuania 100+ years ago. They somehow were the only Russians to survive the initial Mongol onslaught before they were stopped by their first succession war.

What a great game it has been. I'm closing in on trying to incorporate England, as long as the one character who has a claim from my dynasty survives to adulthood (I got a Yngling to marry her mother and pressed the mother's claim, but she was unfortunately assassinated shortly after giving birth to their first child). I think I also now fulfill the requirements to form Carpathia, but I'm not sure if the game will allow me to.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...20578835778198

EDIT: Oh and by the way, my heir, who is King of Italy, is married to the heir to the Byzantine Empire) I now own two empires and am closing in on three others.
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; September 28, 2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR