Page 2 of 340 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

SoggyFrog's Avatar Sort of a Protest Frog

Default Re: Post your Empire

Mostly, I have siege armies, cavalry armies, and colonial armies, with no distinction of numbers. Sometimes the siege armies turn into cavalry armies, and vice versa. It's not particularly important, because when I need something done, I just grab the nearest available Italian flag

Also, Panzerfaust, what's your forcelimit at that point in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Conquering in Europe is far more involved than doing so in Asia
    But conquering in asia is faaaar more tedious, altough "he conquers who endures"

Now its 1789, the europeans havent been messing with me but the ming dynasty have fought maany mayor wars with me and ive lost about half of them. Ive been through 3 world wars and gained the Ak kaynlu and the Al quarlys(persia) domains and has eradicated the manchu with the help of my allies ( the ming and manchus was allied but i was too busy trying to keep the hightech ming armies out of my lands to auctally send an invasion force to the manchus, so all my vassals from khazan to atjeh invaded and splintered the manchu kingdom amongst themselves whilst i lost tibet to the chinese ming bastards)

And ive discovered that the Maldives have a land tech of 45 and a naval tech of 50. They are a 1province nation that has monopoly over every single cot east of istanbul...I was quite surprised by them.

I sooo want to invade the maldives and grab their tech points if it would be possible. Is it possible to add an such kind of event?
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

@SoggyFrog
    Forcelimit was around 100. Now it's 140.

Ok, here's my empire before I quit this campaign (and 10 colonies that isn't there). I got under a personal union with Naxos(!) It makes me loose more than 16 ducats each month just to them, and with my other costs I loose *****ing much money each month. It really sucks that it isn't an option to break the personal unions, can be at a great stability cost and lower your relation to all other factions, but now the unions just destroy the game and is totally unrealistic.

I had 100 prestige, they had 0. I had 102,000 soldiers, they had 0. I had 50 provinces, they had 1. I had 10 vassals, they had 0. And they become the ruler of my empire! And it isn't my first game that got ruined by this either

Now I'm going to start a campaign with France and rape the world!

"Arrows with fire fly through the air touching houses and shields,
    The Vikings can feel victory is near as the enemy headlessly flees"

tried my first campaign with Portugal, wanted to create colonial/trading empire, managed to do quite well... concentrated on Trading and Naval techs primarly, made strong alliance with Castile and just sat back colonizing and placing merchants, fighting in some wars alongside Castile using mainly fleet. Had supreme advantage in Trade and Navy, managed to stay on par with others in Gov tech also, but was seriously behind in Land and Production, then my king inherited the throne of Scotland. From here my relations with other ally England went downhill. Then I made alliance with France, fought a couple of wars with England later, had my ass kicked in Scotland, due to my disadvantage in Land tech, but England lost all their colonies to me and France. Then I increased my Land tech investments and generaly placed more attention to land army, since my navy was already dominating all seas and oceans... So now its almost end of a game and I have vast colonial empire, 5 merchants in every single centre of trade, supreme navy, respectable land army, I'm making almost 1300 a year and 900 monthly, have more cash than I know what to do with...

mainland Portugal and couple of provinces in North Africa (oh, and currently im leading personal alliance with Castile)

Scottish holdings and three provinces in Ireland, aquired from numerious wars with England

colonies in Caribbean and Florida (Northern South America is colonized by Castile and all Eastern Coast of North America - by France)

almost all South America belongs to me also

and most recent colonies in Philippines

actually it's very easy to play Portugal this way... I just created some artificial complications for myself, like completely neglecting land army for a half of game time, though i could easily be on top on every single aspect using my monstrous income
    Last edited by sovijus; March 06, 2007 at 02:52 PM.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

ive been wanting to post mine up for some time but unfortunately a one month suspension has kept me from doing so.

Ive played as Castille and the year is 1698 now, ill go thru a quick summary with some screenshots in places to give u an idea of whats happened in my campaign (its gonna be a lengthy report i think heh)

Early on in the game i focused on expanding the bits of land i had in the carribean, only colonising the rich provinces, unfortunately i couldnt unite spain as portugal inherited aragon's throne, they immediately shot up to the top spot in the world as a result.... they attacked morroco and algiers and i decided to get in on the landgrabbing too so nabbed 3 provinces in north africa as a result. Otherwise the first 100 years or so of castillian rule was pretty quiet.

Later on i allied with a german state (lol i cant even remember the name) which got attacked by the growing power, Mecklenburg), i answered their call for help but was unfortunately too late to save them, however i did push into what was once their lands and further, carving out a small area of europe from the northern netherlands into modern day germany - Mecklenburg and their allies Austria would remain enemies for ever more..

I also allied with Sweden during this period as i grew in strength, however the swedes were not very good allies I aided them in destroying norway and i gained most of the latter's lands as a result, but then the swedes decided to attack muscowy and lithuania and i was dragged into a long and brutal war in which i managed to gain 3 or 4 more provinces and kept the swedes alive (i did 9/10 of the work) By the end of the war i had pushed up to muscowy's capital but i was exhausted and accepted their pleas for peace as a result, settling for some northern Scandinavian provinces.
    By the end of the russian war though Castille was the strongest nation in Europe and its CoT, Andulacia was the richest (which i dominated during peace time).

It wasnt long though until i met the old foe in europe, Mecklenburg - only this time they brought a bigger brother in the form of the Austrian Empire and a little one called Pommerania. At this time i had not yet got the strength in manpower to deflect a combined assault from the 2 major powers of central europe. The austrians quickly took sardinia and wurttemburg from me while i tried holding the (at the time) superior mecklenburg armies in the main bulk of my european holdings. http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2...stille1nj5.jpg
    That was the result.

Ok so i lost some stuff, i then spent the next decade or 2 expanding my colonial posessions, gaining strategic positions around the americas (flanking the aztecs and incas), i had round 2 with the norweigans (and danes) and took the rest (all but one) of their provinces and i also had another round 2 with muscowy where i performed better than the last time, and gained some baltic provinces as a result (as again, the fight was exhausting on my manpower reserves) - It was at this point i gave up my alliance with sweden when they wanted to continue their wars on muscowy despite me being the one that did all the fighting for them - they didnt last long in their fights with muscowy/lithuania/qasim khanate and declined since that time, also bringing the polish down too as they were allied after i left them. They made matters worse for themselves when they attacked me after i claimed their throne, i quickly grabbed several of their provinces.
    The main highlight however of this period was round 3 with Mecklenburg (round 2 with Austria) - i had prepared for it well and i almost doubled the landmass of my c.european holdings in this war by grabbing a few provinces from Mecklenburg as well as the Austrian netherlands: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1...neuropern2.jpg
    Unfortunately my allies Milan were not advanced enough and were right in the firing line for the austrians who for the most part couldnt reach me, Milan had to accept peace but the outcome was still the same; defeat for mecklenburg and austria. There were more rounds to come though.

During this same timespan i gained a new idea and took deus Volt, i immediately declared war on the aztecs and over 3 short wars i annexed them and the Zapotek empires in mexico and at the same time i annexed all the southern-most N.american indian tribes - This substantially expanded my landmass in the americas, and in the 3rd war on the aztecs they had allied with the incas - giving me the perfect chance to take a huge portion of s.america too where previously i only had a couple of outposts.
    Reaching the incas was irritating as my landing ships were on the otherside of the continent and had to pass around the entire continent in order to reach the inca Empire, i colonised the falklands as a good base for repairing ships.
    My first war i gained 4 or so provinces, over 2 or 3 more wars i completely annexed them; http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3...mericaclt2.jpg
    http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8...mericacqt0.jpg
    but at the same time, something terrible happened: Most of europe attacked me.
    It started off with portugal who were allied with england invading spain as well as my large american holdings from their own substantial north american empire, muscowy then attacked scandinavia, bringing lithuania and the qasim khanate in too. France also declared war. So the only european powers i was not at war with was Austria and Mecklenburg who i had only just beaten a month before, and my allies milan. Somehow though i managed to make white peace with them all losing only one province in spain.
    After this i then had yet another war with mecklenburg and Austria after the former invaded Wurzburg (a constant flashpoint..), this time i took 3 of Meck.'s provinces in the americas, and 2 from Austria in the netherlands. Milan this time round fought well, gaining a province in north africa because Mali and the Songhai declared war upon me. (mali paid 150 ducats for peace and songhai handed over that province to milan)

But my policies had changed by the late 1600s - i had caught up on land tech, my economy was 4 times larger than the next highest (ming) and they were all eating dust as it went from strength to strength. It was apparent in earlier wars with Austria and Mecklenburg that i needed to gain a border with the main austrian landmass in order to press home my advantage (as by this time i had some 60k men in central europe), the French were blocking my path and as they had claims on many provinces all around europe, i just waited for the cassus belli to come while i constructed a huge overpowering navy and a overwhelming army that would bleed France's 70k land army on my border dry, while my 20k in spain with access through the portugese provinces, and Milans huge land force, would steal provinces in the south.

As soon as the boundry dispute came in, i declared war and immediately moved upon them, destroying most of their initial standing army of 60+k men on the frontline provinces in the north. http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?i...nvasionbc5.jpg

It very quickly became a massacre and more of a mop up operation of sieges...
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9...ion1698uu9.jpg
    i annexed one vassal of france, made another my vassal instead as they begged for my mercy.

But my objective was more than complete, i had gained provinces on a border with austria and decided to make a relatively generous proposition to the French, i took 2 provinces in central europe (splitting the french in 2), and made sure milan got 2 provinces also - thats only 4 provinces out of some 20 odd that were already occupied and what was gonna be almost all the french mainland provinces occupied within a year. Hail to Carach the Merciful?

My next step is to finish what i planned with Austria - the last war was supposed to be where i dealt a hammer blow to the austrians and mecklenburg, i was going to take all of the austrian netherlands (and possibly more in their main landmass) and quite a few mecklenburg provinces, however i was 1) stupid and accepted a mecklenburg peace proposition accidently, giving me a few relatively worthless american provinces instead and 2) wary of the war in italy, my vassals Milan were begining to lose their war there against the Austrians and it was taking forever to transport troops all the way around and into the med as i had no military access from my central european piece of land.

So basically i will take all of the austrian netherlands, and rampage into Mecklenburg and Austria, ending them as any worthwhile threat, before turning back onto france and eventually portugal as i want to unite spain

My income is about 600 atm, the nearest is ming at 202. Even when most of europe declared war on me i was around the same income as 4 of the next major powers that were fighting me combined. I have so many troops now i could overwhelm the english in S. america, the portugese in N.america, and most of europe now the french have had their armies annihilated. The numerous wars with austria has resulted in their decline, they havent kept up in land tech, economics, and their armies have been exhausted and wittled down to relatively small amounts that can only fight effectively on one front. Portugal do have alrge armies but their tech is so much lower than me, france were the only enemies with a decent tech against me and i annihilated them so.. Hopefully these last 89 years or so will end with me taking over western and central europe

when i had way too much time on my hands, i decided to start on a world map: http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4...map1693fj1.jpg my land is mostly accurate except for my recent gains against france (same for milan) and a few new colonies in s.america and n.america. Mecklenburg have also lost their western province in n.america. The ottomans spread deep into asia but i havent had time to do that yet, ans austria now dominate the southern half of istaly rather than the papal states (i have one provinces in there, papal has another austria has the rest of s. italy and one province in sicily.)

and theres issues with terra icognita for muscowy etc.. but its rough for the european powers.
    Last edited by Carach; March 12, 2007 at 05:33 PM.

hmm not many posters here anymore? :/

anyway ive had some more action, not long after the french war, i positioned my vast amount of men on the austrian/mecklenburg fronts, their war on wurzburg yet again gave me cassus belli to hit them (again) - and this time i wanted major gains.

My plan was either to take all of the austrian netherlands (and flanders, as they were allied), or get a border with Milan, my vassals in order to dominate central europe completely.

Both Austria and Mecklenburg had a lack of fighting men from the start due to constant wars against me, their economies had not progressed and as a result their tech was lagging behind aswell and they couldnt afford to field as many soldiers as my now vast empire could afford to put into battle. I destroyed most of Mecklenburg's military straight off the bat, the rest was mopping up. Austria faired little better, a combined attack by myself and Milan was simply overpowering and there was little the Hapsburgs could do about it.

My reputation was "extremely bad" at the start of this war, it became "worse than dishonourable scum" by the end because things were not progressing fast enough, taking lots of level 3 forts was very time consuming but both myself and Milan had taken 3/4 of Austria's territories (i myself also taking 9/10 of Mecklenburg's), i forced Mecklenburg out of the war; my demands being slesweig(sp), bremen hesse and some other province, finally uniting my european holdings with denmark.

At that point i began moving all these freed up soldiers to go take what was left of austria, however things took an unlikely turn...

Portugal declared war, and with them came the english.

This took me offguard as i had a small amount of troops in the colonies (s.america/n.america).. and i was surrounded by portugal and england in these areas (as well as in spain). Portugal immediately took madrid and Tlemecen from me, as well as a province in N.america as my forces there were swpet aside - in S.america i fared better against the english who siezed one colony before i began pushing them back - they asked for peace and i accepted.
    It was at this point i decided i needed a quick settlement with austria, they would not accept any major gains so i took a bunch of c.european ones giving me a border iwth the enlarged milan (who themselves had profited well off the war, taking 3 or 4 provinces), i then had a huge amount of manpower available which made a trek across france and into spain - they were the real knights in shining army, this overwhelming superiority in both technology and numbers quickly destroyed the portugese on the continent, as a result i transported some of them across to america where i had made major gains off of portugese unguarded colonies...i was however tired of war so i demanded only 2 provinces (Tangiers and Valencia) which they accepted.

European war number 3 over, Castille still the top dog, and still the defender of the faith as well as the holy roman emperor now

Here is the situation in Europe now:
    http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/2...ermath1ku6.jpg

and in the americas:
    http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/8...ermath2kq6.jpg

meh looks like this thread is dead but ill keep giving updates cos i like that

had yet another war with austria and mecklenburg, this time the plan was to vassalise Mecklenburg and completely isolate Austria - Mission success within a year.

due to my horrible reputation (worse than dishonourable scum), lithuania decided to declare war, which brought muscowy in, then england declared war which brought in Portugal too.. so this is now the 4th european war i think now, except this time im gonna win

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/3...eurowarqp4.jpg

Legio XX Valeria Victrix's Avatar Great Scott!

I did a nifty little thing (I think) in the last campaign I played. I tried to unite all the major European nations that can possibly be created: Spain, Italy, France, and Germany. I was going to get to Ireland and Great Britain, but extenuating circumstances prevented this.

First up was Spain, which I created using Castille, and fighting wars against Aragon and Sicily primarily. I also conquered most of Spain's historical New World colonies.

Then, I united France, which was on the verge of collapse when I took the wheel. In a few short decades, I had absorbed the French vassal kingdoms, and conquered Burgundy and Brittany, and created the nation state of the Netherlands. Finally, I tried colonizing all of France's American colonies, but didn't completely accomplish this.

Next it was on to Italy, which I united using Milan. This took me some time, as I had to fight a burgeoning Austria and my own Spanish creation, which had taken much of Sicily's possessions. I even managed to gain some paltry South American colonies for Italy.

Finally, I took control of Saxony to unite the kingdom of Germany, which I was unable to complete. I did ream Mechlenburg and Austria, and had about 80% of Germany proper conquered, when one day I noticed upon the World map in the load game screen that a tiny new country had emerged in North America: the USA. I promptly took control of the Americans, and left Saxony to complete the German adventure on its own.

The USA started as a fledgling state created from two provinces that the Teutonic Order had colonized in roughly eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Born into war, of course, they were fighting the Teutons, Iroquios, Huron, and another German minor when I took command of them. Italy jumped in soon thereafter, having colonized much of southern New England. Using mostly mercs, I was able to fight them off and annex the Iroquois. This was roughly 1598.

As you will see by the images, the year now is 1683, and I have conquered or colonized much of the current USA, with additional South American, Mexican, and Carribbean possessions. I am in the process of ridding the Western hemisphere of European colonies, and the going is tough against a strong Franco-Spanish alliance. Here are the images thus far:

Eastern North America:

Western:

Mexico and Carribbean:

and finally South America:

"For what is the life of a man, if it is not interwoven with the life of former generations by a sense of history?" - Cicero

whats your income?

as for me, its 1726 now and europe is pretty much mine:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/547...lle1726dx9.jpg

several wars, i basically started vassalising everything one at a time while holding the others off in the wars - england keep attcking and so far i dont have quite enough to do anything major to them or portugal as france get in the way and they are the only ones with a major army remaining on the continent.

next time round though, im going to make spain and vassalise portugal probably.
    Last edited by Carach; March 24, 2007 at 03:31 AM.

Playing it on Easy (I am still a noob), and making 44.47 a month and 947 at the end of every year.

Here's what the Europe I partially created looks like:

Recently there's been a whole series of bloody wars between Italy and Saxony, in which Austria has been all but destroyed and Saxony has taken a beating. Italy and France are probably the most powerful European nations. The Balkan minors still exist because they are vassals of Italy, same with the Lowland minors, who are vassals of France. Portugal once had a great colonial empire, as did England, but I took all their colonies (Portugal had much of the central and southern US, England much of the Brazilian territory I now own.) I also had some wars with the Netherlands, who owned a part of New England and Brazil.

As it turns out, I didn't have to create Great Britain, the computer managed it by itself.
    Last edited by Legio XX Valeria Victrix; March 24, 2007 at 04:52 PM.

"For what is the life of a man, if it is not interwoven with the life of former generations by a sense of history?" - Cicero

Publius Clodius Pulcher's Avatar Senator

Quick Tip, you NEVER want to making money monthly. It means you aren't investing in tech, and your inflation is going to rise. You want the sweet spot where you make -10 or so monthly, but 500+ yearly, so you greatly outweigh your expenditures yearly.

Also, how do you make nations change their color once they change countries. I.E. I unified Germany as Mecklenburg, but I can't get rid of the ugly light blue color. I see your Milanese Italy turned Green so, how'd you do it?

P.S. I'll post up my German empire sometime soon. I own all of Germany, Austria, Hungary,Poland and Burgundy. I inheirited the Austrain throne, and Diplo-annexed Hungary, Burgundy, and Poland. Waiting for my BB to drop so I can finish off the Incas and complete my South American colonies. After that, Latin America, and the diplo-annexation of France.

Rest in Peace Smokin Levon Helm

I didn't do anything to change the color, actually. It was weird, a couple times after exiting the game after Italy was unified and it turned itself green instead of Milan's purple-ish color. I just noticed it in the Load Game screen.

SoggyFrog's Avatar Sort of a Protest Frog

If he's playing it on easy he gets an automatic reduction in inflation, so it may be possible to generate a monthly income.

The colours should be corrected after restarting the game.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I wonder if the advice to save and reload after changing your nation-tag (german state to germany, Italian state to Italy, etc) still applies? Perhaps that is the cause...

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3164/eu31746eq3.jpg

the year is now 1746, after 40 years ive completed my objective of subduing the european continent almost entirely.

Over quite a few wars i have vassalised Mecklenburg, Austria, Pommerania, Lithuania and portugal on top of my vassal Milan (who became my vassal and ally a long time ago through peaceful means)

The only nations remaining outside of my control are Muscowy, England and Poland - Poland is a non factor, they claimed my throne after i succesffully completed a war against Muscowy, as a result they were gangbanged by all of europe due to my control over them They are left with 2 provinces and i will finish them off in the next 1 or 2 wars.

Muscowy ive warred with since around 1510 due to my original alliance with Sweden and ultimately my conquering of most of Scandinavia.
    The first couple of wars were difficult but 200 years later they are pitiful, the winter hurts me more than their armies do. Despite constant gains in every war i have failed to dominate them utterly into forcing them to become a vassal - im not bothered really as their provinces are a bit useless to me.
    They were originally allied with lithuania but i vassaled them after taking quite a few baltic provinces off them.

England have declared war on me so many times the last 40 years ive lost count, all i know is that ive beaten them around every time (along withtheir former allies Portugal) - everytime i gained more provinces in south america and north america (portugal owned n.america). Infact im at war with them yet again, except this time they will be removed from europe permanantly (they own brittany) and i hope to nab some more in S.america - they have large armies in the British Isles but nowhere else.

Lets go through the vassaled nations and their downfalls then:

First to get vassaled was Mecklenburg, i steamrolled them quickly, vassaled them and thus isolated Austria (as i had planned).

Shortly afterwards i dominated Austria, vassalised them too - Central Europe was now entirely in my hands. Austria were extremely weak by this time though as they had lost most of their valuable provinces to me and Milan in half a dozen wars. They have since recovered though (in the 30 or so years theyve had..)

Immediately afterwards i vassalised Pommerania who were attacking Austria still after i vassilised them - at this time Poland were taking one of their provinces too (they were friendly to me at that point) - quickly got them vassaled.

Then after that i got into a war with Muscowy and thus Lithuania, in the first war i established a nice beachead of provinces in the Baltic, in the second i vassalised them (after utterly annihilating their army) - it took a while to get military access through their lands due to bad relations, but i desperately wanted it to quell the several uprisings Lithuania was experiencing, their lack of armies meaning they were running riot and that needed to be stopped.

Throughout this entire time im being attacked by England, Portugal and France... I decided that it was time for france to be brought to heel now as they were the last major power in europe with large armies that could face mine (at least in a short-term war)

The first war that occured with this plan in mind however frustrated me, after taking every one of their european provinces they still refused to become a vassal, so eventually after a year of simply trying to get them to accept vassalisation, i gave up and just demanded around 4 provinces (for me and my allies) - they accepted and i waited for the inevitable second war that they would declare after truce.

The second war came and i repeated what happened during the first war, except they eventually accepted Vassalisation this time.

At the same time as this though England and portugal were hitting me yet again, Portugal for the 3rd time had their european armies annihilated, all their provinces occupied too, only in N.america did they still put up a fight by frustrating goose chases around colonies - i eventually took all of their N.american provinces and erradicated their little pocket of resistance that remained there. I managed to vassalise Portugal in the end and ultimately isolating England.

All of the above are now allied with me and are at war with England when they (yet again) declared war on me... France will msot likely remove them from brittany and i will make more gains in S.America.

My income is 8 times that of any other faction - its not at full potential due to most of europe being mere vassals rather than actually part of my empire fully - im going to go on a diplomatic front to try to change that through peaceful annexation - if that doesnt work im not bothered, i plan to begin attacking Ming or the indian factions before the game ends.
    Last edited by Carach; April 02, 2007 at 01:01 PM.

Biaggio was murdered by rebellious vassals, his son Ippolito is in charge now. I'm currently in a civil war due to the sweeping reforms Ippolito instituted in response (converting from feudal contract system to royal preorgatory, Church supremacy to Regal Primacy, etc etc). THANKFULLY he has a son who will get Livorno and Firenze, along with the title duke of florence, when he's old enough.

That would be Crusader Kings, I would guess?

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Hi John, is Pisa playable in CK?
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

I'll check, I know "Republics" are not playable at the start, like Venice and Genoa.

Yeah, republics are for whichever reason unplayable although ingame they function basically like any other faction. This includes Iceland and Pisa along with Venice and Genoa and on occasion random italian counties.

I am starting to get really pissed with the maldives in my campaign. They got 21 in land tech, 24 in naval tech and i got 16 land & 13 naval! How do you add a trigger that makes you jump in research when you annex an country that is more advanced than you`?

Ive moved onto the Mughal empire that ive modded to still be mongol ofcourse
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”