Thread: Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI Hardcore addon - Help please?

Default Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI Hardcore addon - Help please?

I am about to start a SHHIP campaign. I always play my campaigns with the Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI Hardcore addon. I was able to get it working on a mod myself a number of years ago, but try as I might, I can't seem to get it to work with the latest version of SHIPP. I believe that it should work and I imagine that it is very easy to add. However, I carefully followed the instructions below several times, but I can't get it to work.

[name]G5 ReallyBadAI Hardcore addon
    [works for] all
    [description] Addon for G5 ReallyBadAI v5.x \n\n
    Aimed at players seeking more challenging battles, it creates more realistic command chain which locks possibility of constantly changing given out orders.\n
    It also limits time available for army deployment.\n
    More info can be obtained at:\n
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253132

[files]
    append data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt with ReallyBadAI_Hardcore.txt before:
    ;=======================================================;
    ;================= ADDITIONAL SCRIPTS ==================;
    <end>
    append data\scripts\show_me\G5Script2.txt with ReallyBadAI_Hardcore_Custom.txt after:
    ;================= ADDITIONAL SCRIPTS ==================;
    <end>

G5Script2 MY UNSUCCESSFUL ATTEMPT.txtG5Script2.txtReallyBadAI_Hardcore_Custom.txtReallyBadAI_Hardcore.txt

I also tried to attach the SHHIP campaign script and My Unsuccessful Attempt to add the ReallyBadAI_Hardcore file to the SHHIP campaign script, but both files were apparently too large to upload. Anyway, thanks in advance for any kind of advice or assistance I might receive. I just haven't desired to play Medieval 2 for many years now without the wonderful Hardcore addon!
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; June 17, 2024 at 02:16 AM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI Hardcore addon - Help please?

If you want a quick answer, you should post your question in the appropriate threads. As I'm a subscriber to these, if there's a new message I'll see it straight away!
    Otherwise, I think Germanicus' AI is already integrated in SSHIP 098 scripts. That's probably why you can't install it.

Thanks, Kostic. I will try posting in the SHIIP Technical Help thread and the Medieval II Technical Workshop. That's a good idea. My mistake.

By the way, the ReallyBadAI Hardcore Addon by Germanicu5 is a sub-mod to the vanilla Germanic5 Battle AI that came with SS 6.4 and that I believe, perhaps with some modifications, SHHIP is using now. The ReallyBadAI Hardcore Addon is a sub-mod of SS 6.4 that can be added in the Set-up. It sets a timer on commands. Once you click on a unit to attack the AI, you are unable to change the orders of that unit for a given time period of about three minutes gameplay at regular speed. Thus, you are not able to repeatedly charge into the rear of enemy spears and then immediately withdraw and rinse and repeat over and over again. If you have decided to charge into the rear of enemy spears using the Hardcore Addon, you had better be wiling to take plenty of losses as it will be a good three minutes before you will be able to retreat your cavalry back out. During that time, the AI has probably brought in another set of spears to pin you down as well. It makes for much, much more interesting and challenging battles imho. If you haven't tried this yet, I suggest you start a campaign in SS6.4 using the ReallyBadAI Hardcore Addon in Set-up. It is awesome. I hope it can become a part of SHHIP one day, or at least a mod for SHHIP.

Thanks for your awesome units and your reply to this thread.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; June 22, 2024 at 06:40 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Thanks, Kostic. I will try posting in the SHIIP Technical Help thread and the Medieval II Technical Workshop. That's a good idea. My mistake.

By the way, the ReallyBadAI Hardcore Addon by Germanicu5 is a sub-mod to the vanilla Germanic5 Battle AI that came with SS 6.4 and that I believe, perhaps with some modifications, SHHIP is using now. The ReallyBadAI Hardcore Addon is a sub-mod of SS 6.4 that can be added in the Set-up. It sets a timer on commands. Once you click on a unit to attack the AI, you are unable to change the orders of that unit for a given time period of about three minutes gameplay at regular speed. Thus, you are not able to repeatedly charge into the rear of enemy spears and then immediately withdraw and rinse and repeat over and over again. If you have decided to charge into the rear of enemy spears using the Hardcore Addon, you had better be wiling to take plenty of losses as it will be a good three minutes before you will be able to retreat your cavalry back out. During that time, the AI has probably brought in another set of spears to pin you down as well. It makes for much, much more interesting and challenging battles imho. If you haven't tried this yet, I suggest you start a campaign in SS6.4 using the ReallyBadAI Hardcore Addon in Set-up. It is awesome. I hope it can become a part of SHHIP one day, or at least a mod for SHHIP.

This add-on would have to be added manually as the script for the SSHIP has been modified so heavily that it's not possible just to run the Set-up (as a matter of fact, you should never run the SS6.4 Set-up).
    Maybe some day somebody will have time and skills to add it the SSHIP, we'll see.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post

Hi Kilgore, as Jurand said, it's impossible just to run set up, but maybe you can do it be manually replacing the script we have. Below is a whole battle script with hardcore addon from ss7.0. What I did was just to start a campaign with a hardcore setting marked on, and then I just copied the whole G5 battle script. If you replace the one we have in the last sship version maybe it could work.. Just select the whole G5 battle script and replace it with the one provided. You will lose the siege sally out script, but the rest should be the same - just the hardcore added. Let us know if it works please.. here is the script.

Thank you, Macaras, but it didn’t work.

I took the G5HardcoreScript and placed it in the Show_Me folder. I then deleted the G5Script2 and renamed the

new G5HardcoreScript to G5Script2. I then clicked the map_file_and_bat_cleaner and then started a new

campaign and tested it in battle, but there were no effects.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; June 24, 2024 at 01:35 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

the G5 script was altered in the SSHIP long time ago by MWY and perhaps somebody alse. I wouldn't think manual adding / replacing something would work.

It's working now!

Thank you, Jurand. After your last post, I tried deleting the entire G5 Battle AI from the SHIPP campaign script and replacing it with an old G5 Battle AI from the 1191 mod along with the Hardcore addon, and i replaced the SHIPP G5Script2 in the Show Me folder with an old G5Script2 with Hardcore addon files already added from the 1191 mod, and now it works. Of course, I may lose a lot of Battle AI improvements that have been added over the years, so I may go back to the SHIPP version (without the Hardcore Addon, of course) from time to time to compare the differences. But at least I got the Hardcore Addon working, so I'm very happy about that.

So thanks for all of the good advice, Macaras and Jurand. I couldn't have done it without you!
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; June 26, 2024 at 06:08 AM.