Thread: Change britannia campaign map from mediterranean to tropical

HELLEKIN's Avatar Semisalis

Default Change britannia campaign map from mediterranean to tropical

Greetigs to all, how can i change britannia map (strat and battle) from mediterranean to tropical?Im making a mod were the action is in 1840 Borneo and Malaysia, but im not too familiar with making maps, so the closest to what i want is the brish isles campaign map.Can someone help me in this?What files must i change?Thanks
    Homo Homini Lupus

Default Re: Change britannia campaign map from mediterranean to tropical

Sorry for insisting but can someone help me in this please?I've tried several files and I couldn't solve it alone.
    Homo Homini Lupus

It's not clear why you're starting with the British Isles campaign map to create a map of Borneo and Malaysia. There are more tropical-ish climates in the vanilla files, but not on the British Isles map. The first thing that comes to mind is Central America in the vanilla or Americas DLC campaign maps, but of course the flora will be wrong.

If you want to start from scratch, I recommend Bare Geomod which, by the way, has an India map, although I'm not sure anything was ever done with it beyond drawing the coastline. You can also find help with mapping related questions in the IWTE forums. And here are a few guides on adding a climate, but note that you can't have more than 12 climates.

If you don't want to start from scratch, I would recommend finding a mod that already has a climate similar to what you want and emulating what they did, using the guides above as reference.

Salutations.Thanks for the reply, i think ill try to create my own climate using the guides you gave me, ill give it a try.
    Homo Homini Lupus