Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Curia future

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: [Discussion] Curia future

Curial offices should only remain if there's an election and accountability in the Curia. If that is not attainable then it should be a (local) moderator appointed by the administration if necessary and accountable only to the administration.

At present, I'd say the only option is the second one, but for the sake of broadening support I'd suggest instituting some means to revert in the unlikely event activity picks up. We could have a periodic 'census' to establish interest, with a participation threshold of, say, 15 votes?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I'm with Muizer, all changes have to be instantly reversible.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Instant, no, but if the need arises to go back to ye olden ways in the improbable event they become the rage again, I don't see why that couldn't be resubmitted.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Both options seem pretty terrible, tbh.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Sometimes in life you have to choose between eating cold or hot .

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Drink or drown
    Last edited by Flinn; April 10, 2024 at 07:32 AM. Reason: ....
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Brb, gonna go drown in the drink
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    The choice is a false dichotomy. Eating nothing is completely valid here.

But sure whatever let's get rid of the only thing that makes this site distinct anymore.

God knows no one was going to come here for mods anymore, lets get rid of the other thing people came here for, right?

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    This is simply false. There are always multiple other choices.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    The choice is a false dichotomy. Eating nothing is completely valid here.

But sure whatever let's get rid of the only thing that makes this site distinct anymore.

God knows no one was going to come here for mods anymore, lets get rid of the other thing people came here for, right?
    Do you think that any of the users who have joined twc in recent years got hooked on this site because of the curia? Do you even think that any of them know what the curia is? Not even the new citizens have stayed more than three seconds in the curia after the voting has concluded. The curia is important for, say, at most seven veterans and for people who can receive a medal. It's great if we still have our little playground, but let's be a little realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    This is simply false. There are always multiple other choices.
    tempered ?

If we are still talking about the curia, surely the administration is still open to hearing new proposals. or the proposal so that the curia continues to be an institution where two users have to cover three positions and four citizens decide if a user deserves an award.
    Last edited by mishkin; April 10, 2024 at 10:52 AM.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

In the interest of getting it done as no new thoughts have appeared: it's done, technically speaking. A shortened interim constitution that clarifies the process will be put forth soon when some cleanup is done and even then suggestions are more than welcome to fine tune things. For review,
    - Old procedural forums are archived in the Symposium consistent to how the committees are archived.
    - The function of the prothalamos, curia vote and citizen proposals are all viable in this forum. Some touch ups for prefixes are due and the new doc ^ will clarify but the important thing is that awards and citizenships and even decisions work the same way, it's just that the voting takes place here now and we won't fuss as much about exact dates. Full members may comment. Citizens may vote. The Symposium remains a citizen-only discussion spot if such is still desired.
    - Requirements for award-giving and citizenship are unchanged.
    - Moderation is, practically speaking, unchanged. Speaking of which Flinn is Consul (curator?), dictator, whatever appeases Sivio's ego as the last consul who didn't quit/get fired, a super qualified candidate and has expressed his willingness to give it a shot. He is assisted in this by me.
    - Elections are on pause for the time being. The Tribunal's final state is TBD, Magistrates are welcome to stay on until a final decision is implemented. Flinn's the big guy down here unless someone wants to be an assistant or he quits or something, then we approach that topic as needed.

If it's not mentioned it probably did not change or I forgot, if you suspect the latter feel free to ask.

Blog Entries

Right now I (non citizen) can see and post in all the places I have visited (symposium included). Is that normal? Am I rushing again?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Symposium is not normal, to be adjusted.

Blog Entries

thumbsup

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    Flinn's the big guy down here

Dictator will do, thanks. I was thinking about the title of the kings of old, Pontifex Maximus, but I guess everybody knows why it's a no
    Last edited by Flinn; April 11, 2024 at 04:02 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Speaking of which Flinn is Consul (curator?), dictator, whatever appeases Sivio's ego as the last consul who didn't quit/get fired, a super qualified candidate and has expressed his willingness to give it a shot. He is assisted in this by me. Elections are on pause for the time being.
    Support, so that's pretty much an absolute majority right there

The Tribunal's final state is TBD, Magistrates are welcome to stay on until a final decision is implemented.

I think I've said earlier that VoNC's and elected positions should stay or go together. So assuming there's no VoNC in the interim Constitution please accept my resignation the moment it goes 'live'. That's just a matter of acting on my convictions and not to be taken as some pathetic protest, threat or anything. I agree at the very least elections and VoNC should be on hold if the turnout is as it has been for the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I was thinking about the title of the kings of old, Pontifex Maximus, but I guess everybody knows why it's a no
    You can be the Vestalis Maxima instead. Keep the flame burning. Though with an avatar like that I wonder how long it would take before you'd be buried alive.
    Last edited by Muizer; April 11, 2024 at 04:46 AM.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    You can be the Vestalis Maxima instead. Keep the flame burning. Though with an avatar like that I wonder how long it would take before you'd be buried alive.
    Hei, it's a price I'm willing to pay

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    I think I've said earlier that VoNC's and elected positions should stay or go together. So assuming there's no VoNC in the interim Constitution please accept my resignation the moment it goes 'live'. That's just a matter of acting on my convictions and not to be taken as some pathetic protest, threat or anything. I agree at the very least elections and VoNC should be on hold if the turnout is as it has been for the past few years.
    So the idea on the Tribunal right now was to twilight it, holding onto the apparatus until traditionally elected positions expire (or someone calls for a removal, whatnot) at which point the institution becomes an archive (plenty of time to finalize the replacement arrangement and for the unlikely chance of 'one last appeal' using it). Calls for resignation/replacement would be possible but "VoNC" would just be a decision/discussion and not a standalone procedure. Assuming the resignation stands it can be made easier with Narf transitioning to appointed (tribune) and that much staying live until the revised appeals structure is finished. Thus legacy support for election can just be removed from the document, since Flinn is appointed anyway.

Like the Curia, complexities in the appeals area (tribunal primarily) will be archived and a simpler process will take the helm unless/until something more elaborate is justified. However commentary and collective review ie, the praetorian with adjustments will remain afloat. As you see the details are still getting worked out.

Removing the tribunal is profusely stupid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Removing the tribunal is profusely stupid.
    because...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast