Thread: Are there going to be more changes to the faction reforms?

Default Are there going to be more changes to the faction reforms?

What the title says and I also wonder if the team have considered including some form of Roman civil war in order to get the Augustan reforms.

Senator

Default Re: Are there going to be more changes to the faction reforms?

Augustan reforms.
    When was the last time you or anyone here actually played until turn 800?
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    When was the last time you or anyone here actually played until turn 800?
    The team could also enable the reform to happen much earlier by using traits (the perfect example is the potential reformer trait which triggers the Thorakitai reforms)

I agree to that

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    The team could also enable the reform to happen much earlier by using traits (the perfect example is the potential reformer trait which triggers the Thorakitai reforms)
    Seconded, overly long time based reform are lame and Roman Marian(and Lugiones) reform are too long even in EB2 which are meant to played slow

@QuintusSertorius (I believe it was he) posted at one point that the Augustan reforms were not ever going to be done. Mainly because it is a LOT of work for something that would cover just a small portion of the very late game in which most players never reach.

Quote Originally Posted by ETXBlues View Post
    @QuintusSertorius (I believe it was he) posted at one point that the Augustan reforms were not ever going to be done. Mainly because it is a LOT of work for something that would cover just a small portion of the very late game in which most players never reach.
    I mean, the most simple solution would be to give the player more agency to trigger the reforms through the game's mechanics. (like traits, conquest and defeating enemies for example)

They already have done this with the option of triggering the reforms earlier in 247 BC and they could do the same with the Marian reforms and Augustan reforms.

Maybe a posibility is that the Marian reforms can be triggered earlier in 195 BC instead of 147 BC and the Augustan reforms can be triggered right after the Marian reforms but with the condition that you conquer Gaul and then re-conquer Rome or the Italian peninsula from the senate (rebels)
    Last edited by NapoleonMaster; January 27, 2024 at 04:20 PM.

If you want early reforms play DEI. You can get Imperial units in less than 200 years from the start of the game.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    If you want early reforms play DEI. You can get Imperial units in less than 200 years from the start of the game.
    Rome 2 is a diferent animal from Med 2.

Plus, I can't play it since I have a potato PC.

But seriously, I think this problem of having to wait hundreds of turns till the next reform would be less severe if the team decided to atleast put the reforms at a somewhat earlier date.

Maybe that way players would be encouraged to play more.
    Last edited by NapoleonMaster; January 27, 2024 at 06:01 PM.

Semisalis

they can already happen at an earlier date. if you look on the guide you'll see that the date for the autotrigger is what is considered to be more or less the historical date for the change in question (i would not call them reforms as the term itself as little to no meaning historically), while the date at which you can trigger the change with your actions is usually far earlier. besides i do not understand this fixation in most of the tw player community for "marian" or "augustan" reforms, don't you like mid republican roman army? it is that army that built the larger portion of the roman empire. it also more varied and less boring than having a half stack of 200 men OP cohors reformata. if anything i would change the triggers for the shift to late republican army as the ones we have now (latifundia, reformator consul etc etc) represent a theory, that of the "marian reforms", that has been largely disproved as wrong by recent historiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo85 View Post
    they can already happen at an earlier date. if you look on the guide you'll see that the date for the autotrigger is what is considered to be more or less the historical date for the change in question (i would not call them reforms as the term itself as little to no meaning historically), while the date at which you can trigger the change with your actions is usually far earlier. besides i do not understand this fixation in most of the tw player community for "marian" or "augustan" reforms, don't you like mid republican roman army? it is that army that built the larger portion of the roman empire. it also more varied and less boring than having a half stack of 200 men OP cohors reformata. if anything i would change the triggers for the shift to late republican army as the ones we have now (latifundia, reformator consul etc etc) represent a theory, that of the "marian reforms", that has been largely disproved as wrong by recent historiography.
    I prefer efficiency. My army is mostly Polybian Hastati, Principes, Triarii and Equites(they actually a good unit here). They strong and easy to replace.

Marian does one thing that matters. Allow recruitment outside of Italy without requiring to build either Client state or Free city which neither are ideal.

There will never be an Augustan reform which results in the Romans getting yet another complete change of roster. Waste of unit slots for an event so late in the game.

The only planned reform is a political event which results in changes to traits, essentially, since the whole business of Roman elections would no longer makes any sense.

Semisalis

That was mostly what the romans did though. Client kingdoms/tribes was the way to rule conquered territories before provinces became the rule (except few cases at first like sicilia and corsica/sardinia). The republic had its good share of problems governing territories directly. I like how the mod costrains gameplay to show the difficulties each culture faced. That has always been the purpose of EB.

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo85 View Post
    That was mostly what the romans did though. Client kingdoms/tribes was the way to rule conquered territories before provinces became the rule (except few cases at first like sicilia and corsica/sardinia). The republic had its good share of problems governing territories directly. I like how the mod costrains gameplay to show the difficulties each culture faced. That has always been the purpose of EB.
    I'm kinda semi okayish because Roman does things extreme. Yes you cannot recruit anything unless it's client state but all the infrastructure building are open to you regardless of the route you took, it's just the question of money(province) or army(client state)

Everyone else doesn't require client state to expand but with more limitation in building except on your absolute core province(example : Basilike Patris)