Thread: Total War Pharaoh - Epic Games Store release date?

Default Total War Pharaoh - Epic Games Store release date?

Wondered if anyone had any idea as to the release date for the above. It was delayed on Epic due to some twaddle with the achievements system not working (glorified look at me girl scout badges) But I digress. I remember last year it got pushed back to 'January', then it was Q1 24 and now it's coming soon. Is there actually anywhere to follow Epic news and updates? Steam has forums... GOG has forums... Epic though...
    Kind regards

Default Re: Total War Pharaoh - Epic Games Store release date?

Halfway through April now "Q1" as we were told, prior to "coming soon". It's been cancelled hasn't it?

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Probably delayed, I wouldn't mark as cancelled just yet. As far as updates and stuff on the epic end, last I knew their platform was horrible for that so I would have no expectations.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

It's infuriating ''additional social features'' I bet it's bloody achievements. They're girl scout badges for goodness sake most grown adults don't care about them, just to delay it for 6+ months.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Though there's a small (evidently really small) following for the game still, it had a sufficiently flubbed launch I'm surprised they're doing much with it still at all. It had a distinctly ToB reception, that's the last comparable event I can think of.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Yeah everyone hates ToB but I loved it. It had more innovations in one title than perhaps the last 3 preceding it. Everyone hated on the narrow scope. We literally didn't see food being a meaningful mechanic to recruitment again until Troy dropped.