Thread: Divide et Impera and Empire Divided Campaign Too Hardcore?

Default Divide et Impera and Empire Divided Campaign Too Hardcore?

Let me start by introducing myself. Total War player here since Rome TW. On and off generally. Have a pretty good understanding of most mechanics, DeI included.I was getting bored and I thought I'd try the Empire Divided campagin (DeI enabled by default). I started as Aurelian, normal difficulty. Boy what I was in for.I've probably spent over 30 hours in the past 4-5 days, trying this campaign 3 times. The difficulty of it is excruciating.My best attempt so far was taking the Syracusae region by storm right away and killing the Roxolani, although with hard efforts. Beyond that, all hell breaks loose.1. To the south-west Mauri always becomes an enemy after some turns. Them + Lusitania + Hispania Citeror basically own all of the western part of africa, with Lusitania and Hispania owning large parts of europe and in alliance with Gaullic Rome. The only enemy they need to worry about is Numidia (my client state) and myself. Numidia is small and soon gets trampled over, leaving me to fend for myself.2. To the east, Egypt, Galatia and Lydia fight a losing war with the Sassanids and Palmyra. They haven't collapsed yet but it looks like a matter of time.3. To the north, I have 3-4 nomad factions all waiting to get a piece of me. The Quadi, Marcomani, etc. Best success I had was dropping Sarmisegetuza and defending more in land. That, and leaving some provinces I conquered to some rebels to have them as a buffer. Client stating them didn't work. Even with that approach, I just crushed the Gothi, left the place wanting to leave it to the rebels but the rebels actually restored the faction lol.4. From the peninsula the Gaullic Rome made headway to italy and is now constantly on top of me.5. Mauri / Hispania attacking Syracusae as well.I am constantly in a position of fending attacks and surviving, not making any headway at all. When I thought I got rid of Gothi and the rebels would be my buffer, now that faction just revived lol. I am constantly fortifying my armies, holding chokepoints where I just want to defend meanwhile making progress somewhere else. I am constantly beating in forts armies 2x the size of my defending one. Yet I am constantly on the back step, fending the next attack, regaining some settlement, etc. If I could at least get rid of the barbarian factions, I could start focusing the Gaullic Rome more, but weather, distance and them being able to spawn stack after stack simply makes it impossible.What am I missing? Is DeI simply not thought out with this campaign in mind and I'm just handicapped beyond belief or something?It feels like I'm simply wasting my time without any progress in my campaign.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Divide et Impera and Empire Divided Campaign Too Hardcore?

Empire Divided is not meant to be played with DeI, we haven't really worked on it, just got it to spot where it wont crash. We are not planning to work on it.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod