Thread: The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Default The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

.....The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling...

Overview: This guide is for folks that want to Turtle but still get to the action quickly.

Overall objective:

1. Grow your Cities/Castles. If things go right, max cities/castles in about 30 turns or so.
    2. Advance your Merchants and gain a top tier Merchant Guild. Remember to only recruit your merchants from the city you want as it's Headquarters.
    3. Advance your Priests and gain a top tier Religious guild. Start recruiting from a third level church. It's easier to kill heretics with assassins, just saying.
    4. Armour up the Lads, and not go to war until you have top shelf units with maxed out armor. (Optional)

Tools for the job:

1. Jihads/Crusades: The General that takes the Crusade/Jihad city gets a large chivalry boost. The generals that just join the crusade/jihad receive a one chivalry bump. Use two Crusade/Jihad leaders as you cheif city builders.
    Make sure that they are young. Much of the time my Faction leader/heir end up in these roles. I think you have to wait 10-15 turns between calling for crusade/Jihads. Make sure that you move your general in & out of the town every few moves so that they do not gain lazy/bad traits because of sitting in settlements too long. The city building formula that I use is....

High taxes til two turns on construction are left. Turn taxes to low. Then the turn before the construct completes turn taxes to high/very high. High if the settlement happiness is 100%. Very high if the happiness is above 100%. If the settlement happiness is under 100% for the completion turn get your general out of there... "Abort, Abort!!!! Leave the taxes on low for the completion turn and maybe next time the happiness will be high enough for the general to stay in the settlement for the completion turn.

2. Save scumming your Merchant take over roles. Get used to it. It's worth the extra time you put in it. Have a weak merchant? Suicide him against a high level merchant. The more merchants you make, the more points towards the merchant guild you have.

3. Console Cheats: Use these when you are taking your initial territories that you will be building up.

Getting Started:

1. Select then take the Territories you want to build as your "Base Territories". Rinse and repeat these steps...

I. Besiege the town and build a ram/ladders/tower. ( I use a general+melee unit for this. Please remember that cavalry units cannot operate siege equipment.)
    II. Next turn bring up the siege screen, and at the same time hit the console button. (On your keyboard top left under the Esc button and to the left of the #1 button. Looks like this: ~).
    III. Type: auto_win attacker and hit return.
    IV. Now hit the auto resolve button.
    V. Now tap the ~ button again and the console screen will disappear.
    VI. Clear the auto resolve screen, then rinse/repeat with the next territory.

If you get attacked on the end turn, no problem. Tap the ~ button again and type auto_win defender and hit enter. Remember when attacking type auto_win attacker and when defending write auto_win defender.
    Sometimes I get the attacker & defender mixed up. The results of this are not pretty...

Please Note: Some MTWII mods have fast build times for 1st level buildings. So one turn builds for....

* Farms
    * Churches
    * Trader
    * Militia building
    * Roads

One of these mods is Total Vanilla Beyond 3.7 It spans From Mexico in the west to Karakorum (Mongols) in the east. Also it has historical Landmarks & events. It's Stainless Steel without the restraints.

...I will be building this guide here so check back every so often for up dates....

$
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; January 09, 2024 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Building the Guide
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling