Thread: Do Recruitable Generals (e.g. Client Rulers) Really Reduce the Number of Children?

Default Do Recruitable Generals (e.g. Client Rulers) Really Reduce the Number of Children?

Yeah, as the title asks. Is it factually verified that the more client generals you have or recruit, the less the number of children born in your faction's family tree?

Semisalis

Default Re: Do Recruitable Generals (e.g. Client Rulers) Really Reduce the Number of Children?

I've seen conflicting opinions through the years. Some say they do count, some others say they don't as they are not actually part of the family tree. I think no one can be certain for sure despite what they say.

Default Re: Do Recruitable Generals (e.g. Client Rulers) Really Reduce the Number of Children?

Dang, the (certain) answer to this question might very well affect the long term strategies of many players throughout their entire campaign. Like whether or not it is even worth building up client states rather than various forms of more direct rule (the manner the governments take depends on the culture), when a sad side effect is that factions with royal houses might very well have no direct heirs in the very near future.

There are certain regions where the sheer quality and quantity of their unique units make having them as client states the whole campaign from start to finish be very well a good tradeoff. Then again, however, ughh...for rp heavy guys, limiting your royal house's progeny is sometimes so painful.
    Last edited by Pooploop; April 30, 2024 at 01:28 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Yeah, as the title asks. Is it factually verified that the more client generals you have or recruit, the less the number of children born in your faction's family tree?
    I think it's one of more firmly established observations on the Med2 engine that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I think it's one of more firmly established observations on the Med2 engine that's true.
    Yep, exactly this.