Thread: How to Increase Ambient Buildings (farms etc) on Spawned Battlemap?

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Icon5 How to Increase Ambient Buildings (farms etc) on Spawned Battlemap?

I take issue with battlefields that are miles away from any human presence. Particularly when it's set in a region that was historically well populated.

Are there any files in Attila that govern the probabilities of farms and other human structures being placed on a newly generated map? If there are, I'd like to tweak them so my non-siege battles aren't so frequently set so deep in the wilderness.

Thanks!

Default Re: How to Increase Ambient Buildings (farms etc) on Spawned Battlemap?

Unfortunately, no. I'm pretty sure it's not possible without some extreme work.

To my (admittedly incomplete) understanding, although they might seem pretty random, the battle tiles in Attila are technically all premade. The game strings lots of tiles together to create battle maps in campaign and custom battle, but they're not really generated, just pieced together or modified based on settings. The same goes for the outfield tiles. So, the good news is, if your army is near or on top of an area that is linked to a village or something, it'll show up in game (you can see this in custom battle by selecting a battle site extremely close to a village on the map). The bad news is that, since it's not randomly generated, the only way to change it is to do some pretty heavy modification to the base game. You could make your own battle map with TEd, but that'd only show up in custom battle. To add more villages to the campaign map, at minimum you'd have to edit the main map terrain, and it's a severe understatement to say that that's a PITA. Honestly, battle terrain modding is so obtuse that I'm not sure it would even work at all. Point being, it'd be an insane amount of work and may not even work at all, short of making your own custom battle map (which can be fun, but horrifically frustrating and tedious).