Thread: Kam, amazing work!

Default Kam, amazing work!

I think it has been a year or more since playing any TW, and I only play Shogun2/DMS, Rome2/DEI, and Atilla/FoE+EUP; but DEI is the richest by far. I've been off playing WWII stuff and city builders. But I built a new PC in May/June ... i9-13900KS + RTX 4090, and I decided to put up against Atilla; one of the all time worst optimized games of this century so far. Like the campaign just has a multi-thread infinite loop in it when doing nothing flipped out to the desktop. (The game literally can take 8 cores to 100% utilization.)

Kam,

So, I am playing DEI and I have regularly had battles going 30-60 minutes. Of course, for such to occur, I need the odds stacked against me 3:1. But the reason I am writing ... given the limitations of TW's BAI, these fights have actually been exciting and challenging. The reason I often don't bother with TW even DEI despite many superb campaign systems is having to fight all these "rinse and repeat battles". But you truly have done amazing things with this considering what you had to work with.

Well, I just wanted to acknowledge how substantial the game is transformed by your battle/unit/ai efforts. I never thought I would ever find TW battles something to look forward to ... I assume that's why the majority of players don't complain that they are done in 3 minutes.

Thank you, Kam. Thank you, DEI Team (past present and future). I am having a blast!!!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Kam, amazing work!

Glad you enjoy it!

We went through many combat system versions over the years but current one seems to be in the right spot, at least I did not had an urage to turn the table upside down in years
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Kam, amazing work!

As you know, KAM, I also find your battle AI the best among all TW game.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!