Thread: How to remove a patch

Default How to remove a patch

Hello! A patch for NTW was recently released. It was supposed to fix some minor bugs concerning cannons sound and the like. The problem is that, even if the effects are now a little bit more refined, the sound itself has become simply horrific, and works much worse than before. Just to mention few examples: both the naval and the field battles simply sound too "calm", and cannons may shoot while being silent, or else the sound is heard seconds after the shot.

They simply ruined the game. I preferred those less realistic but more noisy effects the game had in the previous version. This is a game about war, not about taking a walk in the countryside, or a boat trip, which is the feeling you now have while playing, respectively, a field or a naval battle.

Do you know how to "undo" the patch?

Default Re: How to remove a patch

You cant. Unless you copy-paste a previous version of the game in (which I did thankfully anticipating "new" patches 10+ years after the game's release) there is no way to undo the damage. Your best bet would be to find a clean install of NTW "somewhere" and overwrite.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Quote Originally Posted by APd'A View Post
    Hello! A patch for NTW was recently released. It was supposed to fix some minor bugs concerning cannons sound and the like. The problem is that, even if the effects are now a little bit more refined, the sound itself has become simply horrific, and works much worse than before. Just to mention few examples: both the naval and the field battles simply sound too "calm", and cannons may shoot while being silent, or else the sound is heard seconds after the shot.

They simply ruined the game. I preferred those less realistic but more noisy effects the game had in the previous version. This is a game about war, not about taking a walk in the countryside, or a boat trip, which is the feeling you now have while playing, respectively, a field or a naval battle.

Do you know how to "undo" the patch?
    Hello APd'A,

Hopefully you've already found a resolution but if not you should be able to - see this forum post by Laetus: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16153418

Following the NTW patch in April/May 2023 DarthMod's sound files stopped working (muskets sounded like rifles etc.). These instructions fixed it for me and I was able to download earlier pre-patch files from June 2014 and everything is now running as it was pre-patch.

Clanger

How do you stop Steam from updating the game ?