Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - 1448 Campaign Release

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - 1448 Campaign Release

Thank you!

About the AI, well if you have a better suggestion for an AI we would be happy to use it. Currently we use new AI labels created by bitterhowl so the AI should be a lot more aggressive but we haven't had a chance to properly test it.

should i upgrade smiths?seeams to me that all the unitss are already upgraded

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

Thanks for the release, looking forward to play!

I had a hard crash immediately after selecting a few units in Albanian campaign (turn 1). Should Tsardoms 2.2 remain in folder?
    Is limited memory an issue?

Tsardoms 2.2 is a separate mod folder. So it has no connection to 1448. They are basically two separate mods.

Yes, limited memory is an issue. so using the 4gb patch is kind of necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post

Thank you. But not sure what you mean, the instructions at the top of the page say Fall_of_Constantinople_1.5

Where should it be updated?
    At the time when I posted my comment it was Fall_of_Constantinople_1.3, Jurcek must have updated the instructions meanwhile. All good now

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

hotfix for silversurfers. Extract into the modfolder. Save-game compatible

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1um3...ew?usp=sharing

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    hotfix for silversurfers. Extract into the modfolder. Save-game compatible

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1um3...ew?usp=sharing
    Is this a patch for 1448 mod?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yes it's a minor hotfix

Hello gentlemen, I have a couple of questions.

First off, when I extract the downloaded file, I get a few errors, but the unziping still continues and everything seems to be ok, is that normal ?

Also, after I`ve started up the mod, if I chose "Main campaign" I get an error, if I chose "other campaigns" I can select my factions. Is that a normal thing ? In this mod, should I always pick "other campaigns" and ignore "main campaign" ?

Thank you for your time & effort.

Roland B.

Hi Rollas

Those things are not common unfortunately. The main campaign is the one that should be playable. I also never had any unzipping errors. Try re-downloading and/or carefully following every installation step.

The unzipping pop-ups are not errors, they are just some warnings about a modding tool called Bovi's checker. Ignore them, they don't do anything.

I agree that some of the units need to be able to upgrade to a western plate look. Most important of them is the byzantine bodyguard as they currently get outshined by the dynatoi. Aside from them i suggest the native pike men, the paramonoi infantry and cavalry. Some thing that could spice up their upgraded look abit more are jupons (surcoat like garment that goes to the groin and is open on the side) with the byzantine or palaiologos coat of arms.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Yes it's a minor hotfix
    Extract the patch to the Fall of constantinople folder?

Just search for the file and replace it

I did download the mod file twice, but if what Wallachian says is true, than thats one solved.

I have a few questions regarding installation, maybe I did something wrong before

"- Unpack the mod in the Mods folder of your Medieval 2 Total War folder using the installer. PLEASE ENSURE YOU UNPACK IN THE MODS FOLDER NOT THE MAIN MEDIEVAL 2 FOLDER"

Is there an installer that I have to get from somewhere, or is just unpacking the mod file into the MODS folder enough ?

Also, the start-up option that needs to be pun into steam, is it "
    -features.mod=mods/Fall_of_Constantinople_1.5" or "--features.mod=mods/Fall_of_Constantinople_1.5" ?

I`ll give it another go today, hope it works out properly.

https://imgur.com/rrDWUbA

Thats the unzipping error that I get btw

Nevermind, I think I managed to do it this time, the only thing I changed was the laugh options in steam, I used "--features.mod=mods/Fall_of_Constantinople_1.5" instead of "-features.mod=mods/Fall_of_Constantinople_1.5"

Thanks for the suggestions, I`m gonna be starting a campaign soon, for those who are interested in watching it I will post it on my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/m3atheadgaming

If me posting the channel here is agains any rule, please delete this reply, and thanks for a great mod, I`m looking forward to playing it !

Roland B.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolilas View Post
    https://imgur.com/rrDWUbA

Thats the unzipping error that I get btw
    Ignore that, it's just a modding tool.

And yes you need to use -- as per the instructions. Looking forward to the videos!

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi guys! Great work! I'm glad that it came to fruition! Already contacted few youtubers to let them know.
    I'm trying the Crimean tatars and it's fun. Even though there is a lot of space inbetween there is a lot to do and the genoese just backstabed me which is cool. Also the Wild Fields look really cool I don't remembered them like that from the early campaign. There is some kind of chrash occured on the 10th and on the 25th turn- "Sorry buddy, don't know what went wrong. The game will exit" but after reloading everything work fine.
    The raiding script and Stronger ottomans scripts are nice editions. I don't see Ottoman expansion yet, but may be it stops them from collapsing. Love all the events, scripts and the faction specific interactions and hope to see this aspect expand in the next versions as it makes the game so much more interactive and alive IMO.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast