Thread: Question about my IPAD PRO

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Icon5 Question about my IPAD PRO

Hello ppl of TWC! I have a question about my M2 iPad Pro. It’s plugged into the charger 24/7, is this OK for my iPad? Will it shorten the battery lifespan?? Thanks!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Question about my IPAD PRO

In general, yes.. although how long it will lats depends on how good the battery is.

Rule of thumb:

Do not let any battery powered device get to 0% battery and do not keep it connected to the power line when it's fully charged. Either behavior will damage the battery.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Ok thanks!!!!

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

If you're using something from the 90s or early 2000s that would be a problem.

Properly made modern devices will stop charging just before reaching full charge (while displaying full charge to the user), discharge for a bit, then begin recharging. This is not harmful to the battery or to the device. If you've bought something within the past decade and a half (maybe even more, this whole fear originates from the early days of lithium ion batteries) you can leave it plugged into the charger for as long as your heart desires.

As for the other thing Flinn said - most modern batteries (especially iPhone and iPad) batteries basically never actually reach 0% charge. Even when they display 0% charge to the user they typically have at least 10% charge remaining. This is how the phone can turn on long enough to tell you the battery needs charging.

https://www.imore.com/apple-debunks-...charging-works

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan