Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What anime are you currently watching? ^^

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: What anime are you currently watching? ^^

Another massive problem with Attack on Titan is that at least 80% of it is vile filler episodes.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Another massive problem with Attack on Titan is that at least 80% of it is vile filler episodes.
    Yup and that's a sing of the plot being weak. I mean, it's an enjoyable anime and pretty unique on the focus, but considering the average level of competition, having a weak plot doesn't make it a priority for me to watch it, that is.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Bleach is quite a huge marathon, even if you cut off the fillers. I've been re-watching it, on and off, with my daughter up until end of season 2.. now I'm waiting for the last part of the anime to come out (the Thousands year Blood War) and I'll probably re-watch season 16 before of watching that last part.
    I got this on my list to watch when I have time. In episode 12. The last I watched was some weeks ago. So far I feel like it is higher quality with the animation, but the story feels more rushed.(Maaybe its a good thing?)
    Currently watching that now and then, and made it 6 episodes into a rewatch of the geass. But that's also weeks ago since last episode. Dont have one I'm in active marathon mode with. Cant do that often.
    A year ago or so we were some from forum that watched Sword of the Stranger. Always comes to mind when someone says anime. Best sword fight I've seen drawn. It also wins cheap points from me with being Little Prince allegory,
    Last edited by Narf; August 10, 2023 at 08:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    I got this on my list to watch when I have time. In episode 12. The last I watched was some weeks ago. So far I feel like it is higher quality with the animation, but the story feels more rushed.(Maaybe its a good thing?)
    Assuming you're referring to Bleach here. Well I won't say that the story is rushed, but ofc there's not much to it for the main plot, hence way they have various fillers. Those fillers aren't the best you know, but you'll end up watching them in any case, because they'll allow you to see more about what's great of bleach: the characters. Bleach has by far the largest group of epic characters ever presented in an anime: not only almost every Captain is unique and extremely interesting, but many of the other Shinigamis are too, and there are plenty of other characters (included some villains) that you desperately want to know more (their backstory, their Bankai, etc etc).
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Content Staff Citizen

I meant the new blood war! Should've specified that. The rest before that is long ago I've seen. Maybe I should start over with new episodes out. Theres just so many. xD
    The Quincy stuff is a good place to tell more story, just wish I remembered all t he rest better now they've restarted.
    Last edited by Narf; August 10, 2023 at 11:36 AM.

Some shows are good in season1, and pitiful at 2 - at which point they are usually cancelled.
    Two recent examples were Made In Abyss (s1 wasn't great, but was watchable and had nice world building) and The Promised Neverland (s1 great, s2 trash and they even were cheap enough to present a s3 in the last 5 minutes of s2, using slides )
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

As for the plot in Attack on Titan... there isn't any plot, other than pretty low level convolution. It wasn't bad luck that many people gave up in season 1, due to very bad dialogue and story apart from the iconic titans attacking. The show is indeed only a vehicle for the titan wars, but imo it sacrificed a cool idea for so poor a foundation story.
    Last edited by Kyriakos; August 10, 2023 at 07:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Through suffering we become stronger. This will make you suffer a lot.

Last edited by Flinn; August 11, 2023 at 09:06 AM.

I also thought about these movie recently.

I like that the building looks vaguely like the Reichstag

Magic Girl Site.

Eh... Wth is this show?

Watching Sonny Boy.

It is... interesting. But I hope the plot twist/reveal won't be crude.

Tried to watch Moriarty the Patriot, but it has a million episodes and ep1 was very underwhelming. So that's that
    Btw, Sonny Boy was generally meh.

Blog Entries

I've had sneak peak at the new episodes of Bleach and they are just EPIC. Looking forward for the release on Prime.

Blog Entries

A mix between fantasy and your usual anime, turned out pretty well. My daughter absolutely adores it, as it mixes action and comedy pretty well. It has that Dragonball tingle at times; some characters really remind me of One Piece.

Content Staff Citizen

A mix between fantasy and your usual anime, turned out pretty well. My daughter absolutely adores it, as it mixes action and comedy pretty well. It has that Dragonball tingle at times; some characters really remind me of One Piece.
    What I remember from this.... The MUSIC. If I find time I might try to watch this

Blog Entries

Currently watching season 2. Just like season 1, this anime can be absolutely brutal. What I really like is how the protagonist is well characterized and how he never steps out of his role, which is quite unique (no humor component from him, that's my point).

Blog Entries

Currently watching season 2. Just like season 1, this anime can be absolutely brutal. What I really like is how the protagonist is well characterized and how he never steps out of his role, which is quite unique (no humor component from him, that's my point).
    finished season 2.. not at the same level of season 1, a bunch of repetitive episodes.. easy to watch but not very entertaining. Hopefully they won't drag this for too long and close with just a 3rd season: good ideas become stale if you keep using them.

Blog Entries

Cowboy Bebop the movie

if you are a fan of the original series, watch it. Plot feels a bit rushed in the last part, but it's still enjoyable.

Spike is still one of the best ever crafted anime character, more than 25 years old and still rocking.

Blog Entries

Vinland Saga

Not your typical anime. Mind you, it's still an anime, so here and there it slips into the typical exaggerations of the genre, but it's by far the best cartoon I've watched myself about Vikings (even better than some acclaimed tv series, at the least in terms of general historical accuracy).

Really worth watching

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast