Thread: Editing political titles.

Default Editing political titles.

Hello,

Im trying to edit the title for the faction leader of the Roman Republic, from "Dictator" to something different such as "Princeps Senatus" or something of the sort.

I really feel like something like that would be more historically accurate.

So is this possible? Not only it is a title that shows on the character window, but it is also a trait that has a text attached to it, does somebody know how can this be edited?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Editing political titles.

Sup Biennius, both of these will be found inside the local_en.pack. I assume you have knowledge in PFM or RPFM, you'll need one of those to do this so you don't mess with the base game files!

For the first one (the leader title), go to text > db > culture_subculture_politics_government_types.loc
    Simply sort the column on the right in alphabetical order to easily find "Dictator". There's a ton of dictator titles there because they're for the different campaigns, so make sure you change the one for the Grand Campaign -- I think it's connected to this one:
    culture_subculture_politics_government_types_on_screen_name_faction_leader_rom_Romanrepublicrom_rome

and for the trait part, that's also found inside the local_en.pack, so this time go to text > db > character_trait_levels.loc and sort the right column in alphabetical order again to find "Dictator". Make sure you change the name of the one connected to the grand campaign and not the invasion campaign, should be connected to this one I believe: character_trait_levels_onscreen_name_r2_faction_leader_republic_default_1

That SHOULD work, if it doesn't then it could be because the trait is connected to a script somewhere. But let me know if you have a question!
    Last edited by Bailey J. Pope; June 02, 2023 at 03:08 PM.

Hey man thank you for your answer!

It worked, but partially: you see the trait indeed got changed succesfully, but the title that is on the character portrait (that also shows up when you hover your cursor over the character on the family tree) that still says "Dictator".

Have you got any ideas on how to change that?

Anyways thank you again for your answer.

Tried sending you a private message but unsure that it sent, add me on discord if you can since it's faster to communicate there - username is Pontifexum#3147