Thread: Today I saw the worst movie ever - officially the worst movie ever!!!

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Default Today I saw the worst movie ever - officially the worst movie ever!!!

Today on Netflix I saw 'I'am thinking of ending things' movie and I can't say honestly what was the point of the movie...
    I've seen thousands of movies so far and I have to say that this is the most nonsensical, most strangest and most bizarre
    movie ever.

Couple goes to this farm where boyfriend's parents are living and it loks like a thriller or somewhat of a horror type of thing,
    then it deteriorates into a sequence of events which are so nonsensical and it ends with most weird thing ever, incorporating
    cartoonish characters like a pig from a cartoon and that's how the movie ends...

So strange, so ridiculous, so childish that it is almost pathetic to say that I watched it.

Can someone please tell me what was this movie about, if you watched it.. Thank you so much.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Default Re: Today I saw the worst movie ever - officially the worst movie ever!!!

Moved from Thema Devia.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Today I saw the worst movie ever - officially the worst movie ever!!!

I think the movie was trying to present a delusion, but was rather not very elegant in doing so. My suspicion is that only the old janitor is real and the rest are characters in his head, created so that he can repress his self-hatred etc.
    Can't say it was a movie I'd watch again.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    I think the movie was trying to present a delusion, but was rather not very elegant in doing so. My suspicion is that only the old janitor is real and the rest are characters in his head, created so that he can repress his self-hatred etc.
    Can't say it was a movie I'd watch again.
    Okay, so the entire movie was just sequence of events playing out in janitor's head? And the male character is janitor whne he was young or imagining himself
    being young? Honestly, it still doesn't make sense.. Like you said they did horrbile job presenting it as a illusion..

By far - the most nonsensical movie that I've ever watched so far.

Thanks for the reply my friend.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

^^
    The ending, with the acceptance speech for some award, very likely is just a parody of the scene in A Beautiful Mind.
    Anyway, it wasn't realistic that the janitor would be imagining all those things, with the broken references to academic stuff (iirc he worked in a school, so such knowledge likely wasn't even presented, to be then corrupted in his imagination).

Very few movies do delusion in any enjoyable or believable way. Most end up like this one, an amalgam of too obscure or too blatant elements.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Ehh... the movie has good reviews and scores. It doesn't sound like something I would watch, but certainly NOT the worse movie ever.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_...ical_reception
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.