Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is is worth upgrading to Windows 11 yet?

Default Re: Is is worth upgrading to Windows 11 yet?

Turns out that when I upgraded from W10 Pro I upgraded to W11 Pro when I thought it was W11 Home.

For gaming, windows 10 offers slightly better performance out of the box (OFTB) but with a little reconfiguration and uninstallation of bloatware, win11 can get there as well. I switched to Win11 in Dec, 2023 myself. Overall an expert user can get more benefits from Win11.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    For gaming, windows 10 offers slightly better performance out of the box (OFTB) but with a little reconfiguration and uninstallation of bloatware, win11 can get there as well. I switched to Win11 in Dec, 2023 myself. Overall an expert user can get more benefits from Win11.
    Can you please give me your settings so I can maximize my performance? Thanks.

Win Customization & debloationg depends upon1 personal preferences & on the hardware. There's no one size that fits all. Like for example I have Windows Store disabled and have only installed few apps via PowerShell Commands, which shall be different for every windows user. Gamers prefer miniminalistic approach while a content creator shall tweak windows differently.

Though you could install a deblaoted copy of Windows 11 from a trusted source which eliminates all the major technical mumbo juimbo. I have installed GhostSpectre. Some prefer Tiny11. Others who are more asscumoted to scripting prefer ChrisTitusTech. Remember a wrong step can break windows and might force you to reinstall everything again. Which is why I take an entire day configuring it first and then make a perfect backup copy of the entire OS, so as to skip heartaches or reinstalling everything over and over again in case things go south or when force to install major updates & drivers manually after 6 months or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12