Thread: Do you have specific kinds of snacks while gaming?

Default Do you have specific kinds of snacks while gaming?

What are the snacks that really keeps you going while playing?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Do you have specific kinds of snacks while gaming?

Hello there to you, been travelling! Wow, that sounds nice, I've been travelling a lot too, you know? Ugh! How rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Christopher Walken, but you can call me...Chris. I'm a bit of an actor, not too much, just a little, you know. Hey, how bout that? You got a thread going here! Your first one. Looks like we're going to have a lot of time together, so let's talk snacks, shall we? I have to warn you, though, kid, I'm a little old school, the only games I play are the arcade versions of Atari and Nintendo games from the 1980s in the private game room of my estate. Only special individuals get invited there, important people who I can trust, someone I'd feel comfortable around even when they're holding a knife. Are you one of those special folks, a special someone?

Let's see, SNACKS! Here we go.

First off, if I'm gonna be playing something snazzy like the first Metroid game from 1987, which I played when it first came out, then for a snack it's gotta be a big heaping bowl of Zucchini Linguine sitting right next to me, to chow down when I'm having a little break. First I heat a little bit of olive oil in the skillet. Then, the fun and the magic begins.

Come here, kid, lean in a little so I can whisper and tell you a little secret, a little story about myself. Cooking is like the family business. My father was a baker all his life. He comes from a big family in Germany. His father was a baker. His brothers are bakers. He came to America and opened a bakery in Queens and had it for 60 years. That's where I came from this morning. My mother broke her hip. It's a drag, because they live in a house and suddenly they can't go up and down stairs.

Anyway, for the linguini, you can't go about it all wrong, you have to put some quality garlic into it or you might as well throw it in the trash and get a bag of Doritos when you're gaming. You ever play video games in New York? New York is great for produce. Those Korean markets always have very fresh stuff, some good garlic that can be used in a lot of meals, not just the East Asian varieties.

My brothers and I were in show business when we were kids, but we also worked in the bakery. I used to deliver cakes in a station wagon and work in the back of the bakery. I was the guy that put the jelly in the doughnuts. In those days, you'd have a huge can with a plunger on it. It had these two really big needles sticking out each side. You'd take two doughnuts - they'd already be cooked - stick them on those needle things. Then you push the plunger down, and you feel them fill up. There'd usually be a little dribble of jelly on the end. Actually, it was rather sensual!

So yeah, if it's not Zucchini Linguini, it's gotta be a big box of doughnuts sitting next to me when I'm gaming, just for the nostalgia. How about you, kid?

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I was going to say exactly what Roma said but he beat me to it, ugh.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    I was going to say exactly what Roma said but he beat me to it, ugh.
    You know, I was suspicious that someone also hacked into my brain after hacking into my Twitter account to steal all my thoughts and Tweet them before I could, but this post here just confirms it. You are the hacker. You are the thought thief. And you know what? I'm not even mad. I'm impressed! If I had a business I'd offer you a job on the spot, no resume, no interview. Just pure gut instinct.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

aa

Dune Spice Wars is an RTS game that is not for the faint hearted.

Dune Spice Wars Multi player match.

* Pepsi Zero
    * Double Expresso: Cafe Bustelo or Cafe Caribe. Got a Delonghi Expresso machine in the kitchen.
    * Chips: Korean BBQ chips from HEB.
    * Chips: Fritos Gimmie gimmie!

Give it a look see. Single player has great replay potential.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

NECRO THREAD! ARISE! RISE UP AND GREET YOUR MAKER! YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONED FROM THE COLD DEAD EARTH AND SHALL BE REBORN ANEW IN SINEW AND FLESH! FEAST UPON THE SNACKS THAT FUEL THY GAMING EXPERIENCE, AND MAKE THEMA DEVIA ONCE MORE A REALM OF DARK SORCERY AND NECROMANCY!

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Bump....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    aa

No need to shout... If you wanted to jack ma bag of Fritos, go head. I'm full anyway. Hands off the Pepsi Zero though, that rarer than gold around here. You can have that 12 pack of coke zero,
    tastes like poo doo compared to da Pepsi. Aint you that guy that's really into Christopher Walken? Yeah... you shouldn't beat down anything that's honoring him. But your "Hangry" I got it. Dig into the Fritos,
    that should help.

If you're gonna be mad and run around shouting, at least ditch the shades so folks can see your face.... As far as Necrology goes, if ya dig'em up within the first 12 months their still fresh and tasty.....
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; January 12, 2024 at 03:32 AM. Reason: This guy's definitely Hangry
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Holy I've got a bag of those exact fritos on my desk. They're so good.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan