Thread: Parthian chronicles so far...

Default Parthian chronicles so far...

271 bc after an invitation for the independence of Parthian Satrapy gone wrong, the Dahaen confederation seize it for themself and style themself the Kingdom of Parthia

It quickly make a joint alliance with a rebelling Baktria and quickly conquer the satrapy of Margiana and Gabiene but was stopped due to Seleucid garrison(in reality i just need 29% hellenic culture in some region for philhellenic satrapy)

After that Seleucid Iranian region is constantly raided and Seleucid loss of resources from Parthian raid effected them enough that they lost control of Syria except for Antioch although fortunately Nabatean rebel and they make peace with Seleuicd and invade Syria from Ptoleamy. They manage to have a lucky break after they convince Baktria that Parthia is the greater threat(in reality i break the allaince) after the first king of Parthia die the Baktria attack Parthian unfortunately it's heir prove itself just as capable to fighting as it'a father was and while Baktria put up fierce resistance their army are encircled by the swift Dahen riders and annihilated.

And then a delegation from Median and suprisingly Persian arrive, offering to serve Arsacis if they could expel the Seleuicid. The emboldened Parthian agree and swiftly invade Seleucid. They sent 3 armies to deal with Parthian but not only they have to face their own enemy such as the many roaming independent tribe across Babylon before being encircled and annihilated just like Baktrian.

The Seleucid collapse after that but then the second Parthian king dies and was succeeded by a much more adminstrative oriented king. He agree to spare Seleucid in exchange for vassalship to legatimize Parthian ascension to empire as well as appeasing the increasing importance of Greek subject in Parthian society. However only Seleucid prince in Seleukia agree. Seleuicid in Antioch and Seleucid in Phyrgia remain independent.

However his son just like his grandfather are agressive warlord and even if they cannot attack Seleucid, he chose to invade Nabatea and Hayastan. Nabatea collapse are so sucessful that they are desperate enough to attack Rhodes because their homeland has become a new Dahaen frontier. Seleucid in Antioch use this opportunity to solidify it's rule over Damascus and Tarsus as Nabatea collapsing(in reality i gift it to Seleucid so they could make minor hellenistic polies so i could build philhellenic satrapy) Hayastan only enjoy freedom from Seleucid yoke for a short time before Parthian came and annex them.

Despite the ever continue conquest the Parthian Iranian itself is at peace as much of the conquest is conducted by Dahean and Parthian "raiding" parties as they are the veteran of many campaign compare to newly minted royal army Their administration transform Iranian region as a new core province for a growing Parthian empire and the newly conquered Armenian, Kolchis and Kartvelian prove receptive to their new Parthian overlord especially with Sauromatae remaining a concern. These newly conquered people along with Median, Persian and the later conquered Babylonian will become an important power base for Arsacid as they slowly move away from Parthian powerbase which increasingly under sway of the clan Karen.

After the third king dies the sucessor is the most ambitious Parthian king had. Dreaming for a restoration of Achaemanid and Alexander empire. He also have a brother that is deeply unpopular and rumored of being an atheist and lacking support from much of the Parthian clan. He is however an able administrator that has governed Hamadan for decades so they agree to share power and Hamadan is make capital while the king went on conquering more land.

So far they have manage to wipe out the whple Seleucid except in Phyrgia although the resistance in Seleukia seemingly make the fourth king battle weary much like Ahsoka but unlike Ahsoka he is too ambitious and would eventually continue to conquer more region despite hating the war. Ptoleamy are in stagnation after Nabatea rebel and Parthian quickly seize their colony along Syrian coast. Finally they liberate Rhodos and Cypriot to solidify Parthian posisiton as a friend of the Greeks with their goal being to take over Koinon Hellenon position. While this is going on Suren clan held sway among Baktrian and Saka and they use them both to protect against other Sakan raid to Parthian land as well as attacking Taksashila to estabalish a base of power free of interference from Arsacids.

As all of this going on Roman is fighting against Hannibal in a second punic war(i could dream) while without Ptoleamy and Seleucid to check Macedonian they have become the new hegemon among the Greeks even manage to conquer Pergamon although Attalid dynasty remian stubbornly resist. The Pontus, worry about Parthian expansion make a coalition with Macedon and the stagnant Ptoleamy to expel Parthian. Saba use this opportunity to attack Nabatean-Dahaen frontier region while one of the reckless prince of Arsacid invade Egypt as the invasion of Asia minor is going on.

To be continue...

Edit : Unfortunately i have since move on with my Parthian campaign and i want to replay and then later rewrite it so it doesn't compressed 200 turns campaign in one post
    Last edited by eyelurker; May 24, 2023 at 07:50 PM.

Default Re: Parthian chronicles so far...

There's dedicated sub-forum for AARs.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...uides-and-AARs

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Default Re: Parthian chronicles so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post
    There's dedicated sub-forum for AARs.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...uides-and-AARs
    Huh. How do i move the thread?

Edit : it has been moved thank you
    Last edited by eyelurker; May 08, 2023 at 12:15 PM.