Thread: Small question of Seleucid colonization

Icon5 Small question of Seleucid colonization

Hi, sorry if this may be asked before, but I searched everywhere and can't find it so I made an account to ask it here.

I'm playing as Seleucids, turn ~400. I cannot seem to build Settler Cities or Basilike Patris anywhere.

For the Settler Cities, I have met all requirements shown on the building browser and I have a colonist available. But, the only constructable building for me is the Military Reform. Insofar, I have only managed to get it to work in Ekbatana, but I have no clue why it worked there, and not in other Satrapy-containing cities (take Babylon as example). Babylon is a huge city, has ~27k population and (by cheating to test things out) has all other buildings built. Same in Antiocheia Margianes or Baktria. There's plenty of Hellenism, all prerequisites, but no option to build the Settler Cities or Basilike Patris.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Best,
    Alex

Default Re: Small question of Seleucid colonization

Settler Cities can only be built in the following cities (For all Hellenistic factions (Excluding KH) + Pontos):
    • Alexandria
    • Memphis
    • Antiochiea
    • Syrakousai
    • Pella
    • Demetrias
    • Seleukeia
    • Pergamon
    • Sardis
    • Ekbatana
    • Susa
    • Persopolis

Seleucid Basilike Patris can only be built in Satrapy provinces at minimum. Hope this helps.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Default Re: Small question of Seleucid colonization

As already mentioned, you can't build Settler Cities everywhere, they're deliberately limited to the specific places listed above.

Basilike Patris' are similarly limited to certain locations, as well as there being no more than 3.