Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.1 Preview

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 4.1 Preview

Then you have to find another mod with G5 and copypaste main body from there. Or just find G5 itself and follow the instructions.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Thanks, I will try that. What do you think of the battle AI that Curt is using in 4.0 of this mod? How is your battle AI going to be different?
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

My previous BAI is TrueGeneral Alpha, could be found in Released section. It has some troubles with archers behaviour, so I have to fix it. During fixing I find a way to implement custom formations for different battle situations.

Difference between G5 lies in size of script in scripted part. TrueGeneral Alpha hasn't scripted part at all.

A few reasons why I swapped the bai;

G5 is a very good bai for the most part. But over several campaigns I use finding ways to exploit it and it just started to become a little stale.

Ever since I implemented the garrison script. If I remember correct would just spawn the garrsion units all over and just in sometimes really odd places and even outside walls. Again if I remember correct this either from the bai file and formations file, pretty sure I tested with and without. So I finally settled on skynet with grand viz formations. The garrison still spawns all over but atleast most of the time its within the walls and not in overly odd spawn locations. I tested this with several bai file combinations even true general.

This was brought up by kostic in a pm but the bow animations give off a strange spastic animation if caught dying while trying to shoot if that makes sense. They sill do that occasionally but the combination of bai and formations force the missile units to swap into melee instead of trying to shoot their bow (which they did in g5 and caused even more spastic deaths from missile units.) I really like the animations and most of the units in my mod use it so didn't want to swap all those bows out which would have been a pita.

any suggestions are always great

I've never used the skynet battle AI before (because it doesn't work with the G5 "Hardcore Addon"), so it's fun to try something different. So I am totally satisfied to just play 1191 with skynet as is. Perhaps both you and bitterhowel might consider implementing the G5 "Hardcore Addon" with the proper modifications to work with other battle AI at some time in the future (if that is even possible), but if not, that's fine too. Just a suggestion, as you say Curt. I certainly don't mean to impose in any way on this excellent mod, or either your or bitterhowel's time.

Everything was going great with my last campaign as Georgia. I played about 150 turns or so with no more crashes. I will start a new campaign fairly soon on VH / VH, as my last campaign was on H / H, and I would like to see the difference.

So you wanna me to combine Skynet and G5 Hardcore? It's pretty easy because of small amount of code in both scripts

Wow, that would be great if it's not too much trouble.

Some troubles occurred, so at first I will publish custom bsttles only version. I hope I will post a link very soon.

OK. Looking forward to testing it out!

By the way - I unpacked 4.0 and 4.1 - and there's G5 everywhere in code. So for the Hardcore you just have to add code from hardcore add-on to G 5 after Additional Scripts line.

As for combination of G5 and Skynet I'll upload it in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    By the way - I unpacked 4.0 and 4.1 - and there's G5 everywhere in code. So for the Hardcore you just have to add code from hardcore add-on to G 5 after Additional Scripts line.

As for combination of G5 and Skynet I'll upload it in a few days.

Super awesome of you to help out with this, very much appreciated. busy time of year for me between work and drinks, but have been working on mod.

Regarding this mod..

Came across super odd bug dealing with factions variants regarding model strats which stalled my progress for days, figured out a solution even though not to my liking... Completed new textures for all factions regarding model strat and matching battle strat. (pics will be shown with release) From my findings, unless I'm doing something wrong you can only have a set number of faction variants or you'll get a ctd very common starting around turn 3-4 and spontaneously throughout (this only pertains to model strat, not blockset faction variants). It took several tests to realize but ended up being the only common factor. If someone has further info please link or respond!

Now that all factions (actually culture not faction even tho some are faction specific, tried to do faction for all but bug poped up) have a custom textured model on campaign and battle I started on serbia battle models with thanks to Tsardsoms mod using combination of their assets and others. So far have completed levy units. Hopefully the rest goes quickly.

If any venture to Texas hit me up for drinks! I'll buy

bitterhowel - Thanks for the info. I've already tried to add the HardcoreAddon to G5 battle script in 4.1 unsuccessfully, so I think I'll just wait to see what you come up with G5 and Skynet for now if you're are still interested in doing so. If not, I may try again myself a little later.

Curt - Looking forward to your next update. Also, I've been meaning to mention, speaking of ideas. You know as far as speeding up turn times goes, one of the most irksome things to me has always been having to watch the diplomats and princesses endlessly bowing while standing outside of my settlements, going through the animation motions of some pointless diplomatic bribe or something every turn that always amounts to nothing but adding to turn time. I remedied this myself once a long time ago by going into animations and substituting the conduct diplomatic negotiations animation (not sure now exactly what it was called) with some other animation that was much, much faster (though once again, I forget which one it was). Anyway, if you are interested in removing those constant and totally fruitless animations in order to increase turn time, I can go back and check through my forum posts in order to find the proper instructions that I received for doing so.

P.S. - Here are a few notes that I was able to locate. As I said, I can find more if you are interested.

In data - descr_skeleton

replace

anim conduct_diplomacy data/animations/Stratmap_Diplomat/Strat_Diplomat_conduct_diplomacy.cas

with

anim conduct_diplomacy data/animations/Stratmap_Diplomat/Strat_Diplomat_stand_A_idle.cas

and replace

anim conduct_diplomacy data/animations/Stratmap_Princess/Strat_princess_conduct_diplomacy.cas

with

anim conduct_diplomacy data/animations/Stratmap_Princess/Strat_princess_stand_A_idle.cas

Kilgore, thank you for sharing this, I don't know about the others, but I would love to know all that is needed to change this princesses animation..

bitterhowel - Thanks for the info. I've already tried to add the HardcoreAddon to G5 battle script in 4.1 unsuccessfully, so I think I'll just wait to see what you come up with G5 and Skynet for now if you're are still interested in doing so. If not, I may try again myself a little later.
    well, now I can definitely say - in campaign script exists Skynet code, in custom battles - Germanicus.

So just right now you can find it in data/scripts/show_me/G5Script2.txt

Just add there the code from Really BadAi Hardcore Custom and you will get functional in custom battles.

I'm finishing combination of Skynet and G5 Hardcore in one file, hope to upload it next week.

Macaras - changing those files is all you need to know, other than how to unpack and repack animations. I did it once a few years back, but I'm not experienced at such things. I was successful back then, but tried it again more recently and did something wrong in the unpacking repacking process. If you still need a link for that, I will search later.

bitterhowl - I'm not really concerned about custom battles, so I'll just leave things as is for now. But I'm certainly looking forward to you combination of Skynet and G5 Hardcore when you upload it!

Hi Curt2013,
    I just found your MEDM mod and I found the Recruitment cost Population script, Excommunicated factions cannot recruit knightly order units, Occupied Capitals turmoil and Templar fall to heresy very interesting. I took the freedom to implement it in my private version of Roar of Conquest but I would also like to ask if I may be allowed to publish this in future. I would give you credits of course and you can browse trough the ROC campaign script and take what you like in case you find anything interesting. Other things of ROC probably as well but some things we only got from tsardoms mod so it can be I direct you into their direction for some things. I enhanced the Recruitment cost population and Templar Greed script to be optional trough an decision event at campaign start and made it so that Templar chapter houses will spread heresy and their recruitment no longer falls under the ban of the pope after their fall. Iīm just at turn 7 of my testing campaign and since I also Implemented bitterhowls new campaign AI yesterday my Bovine Checker script.log is blinking with "counters checked but not set" errors in the campaign script and buildings file, but all the mechanics worked as I tested. So I could have overseen something but it should be only a minor issue if there is even a problem in the first place. Here are the campaign_script and the export_descr_buildings file of my ROC version, the new mechanics I made in the last half year are mostly under Major events. Could also give you a link to a full version but this would be over private message only since I play on unreleased beta at the moment and I donīt want to leak.

Thanks in advance

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...nF?usp=sharing
    Last edited by mekkermann; May 16, 2023 at 01:08 PM.

I removed the population recruitment script because it slowed turn times down and folks were complaining but it was a decent feature, maybe you found an old script in there with it. Either way thanks for checking the mod out, as far as I'm concerned anything in the mod I created is open for use as long as its not part of any type of patreon for profit off others work. Just credit the mod.

Thanks

Thanks thatīs great. At the moment we have the solution of a submod folder which can be activated via drag and drop, certainly it has the problem of updating the submod folder as well as the main files when changes are made but I have the feeling that people demand more expanded features like the reemerging factions, slower occupation or recruitment cost population after playing the game for a while. Longterm I hope that I can avoid to long turn times for some users by making the scripts optional via decision event and terminate the monitors when not not used but couldnīt prove it yet. Also havenīt made the two biggest ones (reemerging factions, slower occupation) optional. Will make sure to lead people to your mod when they demand for a High medieval campaign.

Ok, here we are.

SkynetAI meets Germanicus BAI= Liquid Steel

Source containing Custom and Campaign version. For using in MEDM you probably should rename custom version file from background_script into G5Script2.

For campaign script you should totally replace original SkynetAI code with new one.

I've tested only custom version, it's all good. I don't know how it will manage reinforcements in campaign battles, so be aware in that case.

Thank you, Bitterhowl. Do I need to start a new campaign or can I continue with my current one?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast