Thread: When you conquer Sparta as Epeiros, which government do put there?

Default When you conquer Sparta as Epeiros, which government do put there?

The game suggests installing an allied oligarchy and putting the renegade king you are helping as the governor. And this makes sense. However, will that work without him becoming an interloper?

Default Re: When you conquer Sparta as Epeiros, which government do put there?

The interloper trait as far as i know depends on the ethnicity trait on characters, so if the spartan king you have has the spartan ethnicity trait, then it shouldn't make him an interloper

when in doubt, just quick save, use the command "process_cq Sparte", and build the oligarchy and keep the general for a turn and see if he gets the trait, if not then go back to the quicksave and go ahead with building the allied oligarchy

Build the allied oligarchy in order to terminate the Sparta script, then tear it down and build a factional government

Quote Originally Posted by Calypze View Post
    The game suggests installing an allied oligarchy and putting the renegade king you are helping as the governor. And this makes sense. However, will that work without him becoming an interloper?
    Only Family Members get the Interloper trait. He's a Client Ruler (and non-family).

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Only Family Members get the Interloper trait. He's a Client Ruler (and non-family).
    wait wouldn't putting a client ruler of a different ethnicity in some other allied state also make him an interloper? so for example putting a spartan client ruler in athens?

Quote Originally Posted by stupides Throwawayoui View Post
    wait wouldn't putting a client ruler of a different ethnicity in some other allied state also make him an interloper? so for example putting a spartan client ruler in athens?
    I didn't think the trait was that sensetive, that would require hundreds of triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by stupides Throwawayoui View Post
    QuintusSertorius is right. The trigger only check the client ruler trait. In some case on my campaigns, I use the client ruler in a different settlement of where I have recruted him. So, currently, if you want, you could use an iberian client ruler in an indian settlement with an allied government.

I haven't gone around to that yet but I would probably make it a democracy to screw around with the Spartans some more.

If you screw with the Spartans, they'll spawn a sizable rebel army during the early campaign where you really can't afford to fight any more battles