Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 348

Thread: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

  1. #181
    Ramashan's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,991

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    @Lord Thesaurian

    Remember, you need to prove a crime beyond a reasonable doubt in the court of law. Saying that Hunter was using his name to make money, regardless of what he promises he made, and that his dad had dinner with his son where these investors happened to be, is not a crime. It could have been just that, a dinner. Don't politicians charge people all the time for having dinner with them? Are all those dinners now to be considered criminal acts? I'm not saying he's completely innocent, I'm just saying that doesn't prove he's guilty either.

    Just like virtually everyone in Trump's orbit meeting with Russian's during the 2016 election season wasn't collusion with the Russians. (Both the Mueller report and Durham report admit to these meetings) But both should warrant an investigation when it comes to POTUS.

    You seem to forget that the Russian investigation cleared Trump of wrongdoing, yet they still punished the investigators. The investigation in Hillary's emails punished her by, from most polls since your into those things, costing her the election, yet you seem to think she got off easier than Trump. And from your rhetoric, I must assume that, if an investigation into President Biden's connection to Hunter clears him of wrongdoing you would see it as a double standard and miscarriage of justice, when in reality the outcomes would be exactly the same.

    It's almost like you are using the Russian investigation and Biden's investigation to distract us from the other criminal allegations against Trump, but you wouldn't see them as the same thing, would you?
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

  2. #182

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramashan View Post
    @Lord Thesaurian

    Remember, you need to prove a crime beyond a reasonable doubt in the court of law. Saying that Hunter was using his name to make money, regardless of what he promises he made, and that his dad had dinner with his son where these investors happened to be, is not a crime. It could have been just that, a dinner. Don't politicians charge people all the time for having dinner with them? Are all those dinners now to be considered criminal acts? I'm not saying he's completely innocent, I'm just saying that doesn't prove he's guilty either.
    What are you talking about? You claimed thereís no evidence Joe lied about his knowledge of the family grift. I gave examples of the evidence.
    Just like virtually everyone in Trump's orbit meeting with Russian's during the 2016 election season wasn't collusion with the Russians. (Both the Mueller report and Durham report admit to these meetings) But both should warrant an investigation when it comes to POTUS.
    ďVirtually everyoneĒ lol. Anyway, this contrived equivalence is still false. Zero people in the Trump campaign colluded with Russians to rig the election. Biden has lied over a dozen times to date about his knowledge of the family grift.
    You seem to forget that the Russian investigation cleared Trump of wrongdoing, yet they still punished the investigators. The investigation in Hillary's emails punished her by, from most polls since your into those things, costing her the election, yet you seem to think she got off easier than Trump. And from your rhetoric, I must assume that, if an investigation into President Biden's connection to Hunter clears him of wrongdoing you would see it as a double standard and miscarriage of justice, when in reality the outcomes would be exactly the same.

    It's almost like you are using the Russian investigation and Biden's investigation to distract us from the other criminal allegations against Trump, but you wouldn't see them as the same thing, would you?
    Gish gallop. You brought up the Russia investigation to accuse Republicans of double standards, much like youíve made a bunch of rhetorical comparisons here for the same purpose. The DOJ has a track record of bias, IRS whistleblowers accused them of bias, Durham confirmed the FBI investigation of the Trump campaign was driven by bias, and most can see the bias. Simple as.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

  3. #183

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramashan View Post
    You keep saying this 'hard evidence' thing about Biden, I don't think you know what that means at this point.
    The right is always claiming they have evidence against Biden or any other Democrat, but it keeps disappearing. They say they have whistleblowers, but they turn out to be paid by Republicans.

    Notice how the allegations against Biden, Clinton, and Obama didn't stick? Notice how they have no mugshots? No indictments? Notice who DOES have a mugshot?

    That's because Russian tactics DON'T work in the US, much to the right's frustration.

    But, at least you have finally admitted that you don't care about a criminal being elected POTUS, so long as that criminal is Trump. Which is your right.
    The right is in full on meltdown. Most of them know Trump is going to be proven guilty and spend the rest of his life in a tiny concrete and steel prison cell. So they have embraced fantasy to escape the reality they are not emotionally mature enough to handle. They imagine conspiracies of all-powerful deep states persecuting poor Trump, when anyone else can clearly see Trump only had to do two things in order to avoid all of this; Return classified documents as soon as they were asked for and accept the results of the election and quietly leave office, just like every other president has done before him.

    Trump has only himself to blame for his legal problems and deep down inside his remaining cultists know it.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; September 01, 2023 at 03:31 AM.

  4. #184
    alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    24,824

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    The right is in full on meltdown. Most of them know Trump is going to be proven guilty and spend the rest of his life in a tiny concrete and steel prison cell.
    No way that is happening. He will spend some of his time in house arrest, unless pardoned. Also he has practically unlimited cash to pay lawyers to delay the conviction or him sent to jail. The cash of tens of millions of Republicans.
    This is a new version of trickle down economics. The billionaires make money that eventually finds its way down to the lower strata so that they can donate it to the lawyers of the billionaires.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.
    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  5. #185
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    16,811

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    No way that is happening. He will spend some of his time in house arrest, unless pardoned. Also he has practically unlimited cash to pay lawyers to delay the conviction or him sent to jail. The cash of tens of millions of Republicans.
    This is a new version of trickle down economics. The billionaires make money that eventually finds its way down to the lower strata so that they can donate it to the lawyers of the billionaires.
    Just a note he can't be pardoned out of state charges and he facing 2 sets of felony charges on that account in two different states.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  6. #186
    alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    24,824

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Just a note he can't be pardoned out of state charges and he facing 2 sets of felony charges on that account in two different states.
    Yes, but I do expect the governors there to pardon him if the PotUS does. Even if he is convicted he will go for house arrest or pay a large fine and be barred from public office. Similar to Silvio Berlusconni.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.
    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  7. #187

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    [QUOTE=alhoon;16151220] No way that is happening. He will spend some of his time in house arrest, unless pardoned. Also he has practically unlimited cash to pay lawyers to delay the conviction or him sent to jail. The cash of tens of millions of Republicans. [QUOTE]

    Not so alhoon. Trump is losing money faster than his cult can send it in:

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/70648789007/

    Former President Donald Trump is running out of other people's money to spend on his legal bills, which could total in the tens of millions of dollars if he takes all four of his criminal cases to trial.
    His key fund has spent nearly all of the more than $150 million it raised and is sitting on less than $4 million, according to the latest numbers available. He has already dug into his fund for 2024 ads and borrowed money to post bail in Georgia. And some of his allies are begging for donations, saying he won’t pony up.
    White collar criminal defense attorneys who spoke to USA TODAY estimated his legal bills will total millions, if not tens of millions, largely because he is a defendant in four criminal cases but also because of his notoriety.
    As for his own money, he's very likely functionally bankrupt and has been at least since the real estate bubble burst in 08, maybe even before. He tried to sue an author for $5 billion for saying he wasn't a real billionaire, but couldn't prove he was in court. He just "feels like one."

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...awsuit-232923/

    As for Trump’s own estimation of his net worth, Trump’s lawyer says it has been “proven conclusively” to exceed $7 billion.
    Then again, during a deposition, Trump admitted that his sense of financial worth depends on his feelings day-to-day. Asked whether it was really true that his “net worth goes up and down based upon [his] own feelings,” here’s Trump’s funny response:
    “Yes, even my own feelings, as to where the world is, where the world is going, and that can change rapidly from day to day. Then you have a September 11th, and you don’t feel so good about yourself and you don’t feel so good about the world and you don’t feel so good about New York City. Then you have a year later, and the city is as hot as a pistol. Even months after that it was a different feeling. So yeah, even my own feelings affect my value to myself.”
    Trump also has a very well-known history of not listening to his lawyers and refusing to pay them: https://www.motherjones.com/politics...rs-sued-trump/

    So the chances some top-class lawyers will save him is low. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if his legal team gives up, tired of babysitting Trump for free, and he has to get a public defender.

    One thing I will give you, he won't be in prison for very long. Trump has never faced anything hard or difficult in his life. Oh he likes to play the ever-suffering martyr, but any real suffering or even a mild inconvenience and he would shatter like glass. I think that even the poshest federal prison would quickly reduce him to a gibbering wreck.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; September 02, 2023 at 03:57 AM.

  8. #188
    alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    24,824

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    Oh, so he can identify as a billionaire? I thought he was against people being what they identify as.
    Aside of that, which is hilarious, no, I don't think so. Trump owns a lot of property. The money he owes he doesn't really owe cause he is never going to pay it. His legal team is comprised of people that do it for the publicity much more than the cash they get from Trump. A firm that represents Trump will represent other billionaires.

    But then, we get to the important past of your post:

    Not so alhoon. Trump is losing money faster than his cult can send it in:

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/70648789007/
    If that is true, which may well be, then Trump should add "Failed at fanatic organization / cult leadership" in his resume of failed endeavors.
    Sure, he won't be the first person to be ruined despite the fanatic support of millions, but he would be among the very few. Louis the XVI and Maria Antoinette come to mind as other people with a minority group of supporters (hardcore 0monarchists) that ended up wasting too much money.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.
    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  9. #189
    Ramashan's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,991

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    @Lord Thesaurian
    It doesn't matter what the investigation of Trump was driven by, he was found innocent in the end. You claim investigations using unverified and unsupported evidence by those who may be bias is wrong, yet you, and the rest of Trump's myrmidons, are all in on the opinion that Biden must be guilty without any verified or supported evidence but by the words of the GOP and Conservative media.... I wonder why that is?

    I've read the Archer transcript, show me the part of the official testimony, under oath, that he said Joe Biden spoke directly about receiving money?

    And I suggest you read the Durham and Mueller report, they both give the same evidence about Trump associates and family meeting with Russians. Doesn't mean there was collusion, it's just what happened. Only in regards to Biden, you see the same type of evidence as absolute evidence of a crime.

    I'll leave it at that. Because I don't think we're ever going to see eye to eye.
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

  10. #190

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    It doesn't matter what the investigation of Trump was driven by, he was found innocent in the end. You claim investigations using unverified and unsupported evidence by those who may be bias is wrong, yet you, and the rest of Trump's myrmidons, are all in on the opinion that Biden must be guilty without any verified or supported evidence but by the words of the GOP and Conservative media.... I wonder why that is?
    Again with the contrived strawman posed as an allegation of hypocrisy. Do you have any evidence the FBI/DOJ is also biased against Biden as they appear to be biased against Trump, or are you simply making the assertion to further this rhetorical game?
    I've read the Archer transcript, show me the part of the official testimony, under oath, that he said Joe Biden spoke directly about receiving money?
    Why does Biden lying about his knowledge of the family grift hinge on Archer’s lack of direct knowledge of Joe being bribed? Another strawman, or are you just unfamiliar with the investigation?
    And I suggest you read the Durham and Mueller report, they both give the same evidence about Trump associates and family meeting with Russians. Doesn't mean there was collusion, it's just what happened. Only in regards to Biden, you see the same type of evidence as absolute evidence of a crime.
    Doubling down doesn’t mean your comparison is valid. The Mueller and Durham reports found no evidence anyone in the Trump campaign met with Russians to rig the election. Republicans have already found evidence Joe Biden lied about his involvement in the family grift.
    I'll leave it at that. Because I don't think we're ever going to see eye to eye.
    I’ve been trying to find out if you have a point to make beyond equating allegations of hypocrisy with some kind of exculpatory conclusion. I guess I have my answer.
    Last edited by Legio_Italica; September 02, 2023 at 09:31 PM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

  11. #191

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    https://www.newsweek.com/proud-boys-...n-food-1824227

    Proud Boys leader Joseph Biggs has said he believes "with all my heart" that Donald Trump will pardon him in an online interview in which he also complained about the food in prison.
    The U.S. Army veteran was sentenced to 17 years in prison earlier this week for his involvement in the January 6 riot at the Capitol in 2021. During his sentencing, Biggs praised former president Trump.
    He and fellow Proud Boys leader Zachary Rehl were the first connected to the group to be sentenced over the deadly insurrection in Washington D.C. Their ally Enrique Tarrio is due to be sentenced next week.
    This is textbook cultist behavior. Biggs has ruined his life for someone he has never met and who doesn't even know he exist, yet he is absolutely convinced Trump is going to show up and return all of his love any day now.

  12. #192

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    https://www.newsweek.com/maga-fury-i...-years-1824777

    Enrique Tarrio, former chairman of the militant far-right group Proud Boys, was sentenced to 22 years in prison on Tuesday after previously being convicted of seditious conspiracy in the January 6 siege on the U.S. Capitol.
    The sentence was passed down by U.S. District Court Judge Timothy J. Kelly, following an extensive hearing that included final statements from prosecutors and pleas for leniency from Tarrio's family. The 22-year sentence was notably less than the 33 years sought by the government, but still longer than prison terms given to Tarrio's co-conspirators from his seditious conspiracy trial. Tarrio's sentence is also the harshest given to any defendant in the Capitol riot.
    Notice how Trump never even tries to aid his minions?

    There are a lot of prisoners who are there solely because he called them to his fascist coup and then refused to pardon them for doing his dirty work. He can't even bother to make a personal appeal on their behalf.

    Trump support only ends in ruin, and the man you ruin your life for won't even offer thanks. To him, people like you are worth less than nothing.

  13. #193
    Ramashan's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,991

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    @Lord Thesaurian

    I hate that I'm allowing myself to get dragged into this. But, please, read your own posts before making them.

    Why does Biden lying about his knowledge of the family grift hinge on Archerís lack of direct knowledge of Joe being bribed? Another strawman, or are you just unfamiliar with the investigation?
    The Mueller and Durham reports found no evidence anyone in the Trump campaign met with Russians to rig the election. Republicans have already found evidence Joe Biden lied about his involvement in the family grift.
    The only evidence the Republicans have that 'proves Biden lied about his involvement in the family grift' is Archer's testimony. You both claim that Archer's testimony is strawman and that it's absolute. Again, schrodinger's evidence. You both want us to believe that Archer's evidence is a logical fallicy and the smoking gun at the same time. Make up your mind.

    And if not Archer's testimony, please point me to this strong evidence the Republicans have found about Biden's involvement in family grift.

    And regarding:
    Iíve been trying to find out if you have a point to make beyond equating allegations of hypocrisy with some kind of exculpatory conclusion.
    I was never looking for exculpatory evidence. I always admitted that if there is a suspicion of guilt there should be an investigation. You are the one who refused to see Trump associates meeting with Russians as a cause for concern, or warranting investigation, while arguing that Biden meeting socially with his son is a cause for one. Nothing more.

    Maybe you just misunderstood my thesis or don't know what exculpatory conclusion means.....
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

  14. #194

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramashan View Post
    @Lord Thesaurian

    I hate that I'm allowing myself to get dragged into this. But, please, read your own posts before making them.





    The only evidence the Republicans have that 'proves Biden lied about his involvement in the family grift' is Archer's testimony. You both claim that Archer's testimony is strawman and that it's absolute. Again, schrodinger's evidence. You both want us to believe that Archer's evidence is a logical fallicy and the smoking gun at the same time. Make up your mind.

    And if not Archer's testimony, please point me to this strong evidence the Republicans have found about Biden's involvement in family grift.

    And regarding: I was never looking for exculpatory evidence. I always admitted that if there is a suspicion of guilt there should be an investigation. You are the one who refused to see Trump associates meeting with Russians as a cause for concern, or warranting investigation, while arguing that Biden meeting socially with his son is a cause for one. Nothing more.

    Maybe you just misunderstood my thesis or don't know what exculpatory conclusion means.....
    So you think being Joe Biden's son had no affect on crack-head Hunter being hired to an energy company for $10k a month when he has no experience and can't speak Ukrainian?

    Him being Biden's son has no affect on his paintings going for $500k; mostly to China?

    http://A Gallery Sells Hunter Bidens...8217;s Buying.
    Last edited by NorthernXY; September 09, 2023 at 09:14 PM.

  15. #195
    Ramashan's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,991

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    So you think being Joe Biden's son had no affect on crack-head Hunter being hired to an energy company for $10k a month when he has no experience?

    Him being Biden's son has no affect on his paintings going for $500k; mostly to China?
    I never said any of that. My thesis is that Conservatives are quick to dismiss Trump investigations for the same reasons that they demand investigations into Biden.

    I just want us all to be honest and see ALL these suspicions, Trump's family and associates meeting with Russian's and Biden's business ties, as reasons for investigation.

    But lets be honest, rich kids use their family all the time to make money, it's a crappy reality, but it's not a crime. Maybe we should be more critical of that, whether it be a Biden, a Trump, or any other politically connected scion.
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

  16. #196

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    So you think being Joe Biden's son had no affect on crack-head Hunter being hired to an energy company for $10k a month when he has no experience and can't speak Ukrainian?

    Him being Biden's son has no affect on his paintings going for $500k; mostly to China?

    http://A Gallery Sells Hunter Bidens...8217;s Buying.
    Yes, people who have college degrees tend to get hired for high-paying jobs with big companies. Be honest, Hunter could have worked at McDonalds and you'd find that outrageous because of his last name.

    Rich people overspend on stupid things all the time. Again, you're only outraged because his father beat Trump and you want to punish him for it by going after his son.

  17. #197

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramashan View Post
    I never said any of that. My thesis is that Conservatives are quick to dismiss Trump investigations for the same reasons that they demand investigations into Biden.

    I just want us all to be honest and see ALL these suspicions, Trump's family and associates meeting with Russian's and Biden's business ties, as reasons for investigation.

    But lets be honest, rich kids use their family all the time to make money, it's a crappy reality, but it's not a crime. Maybe we should be more critical of that, whether it be a Biden, a Trump, or any other politically connected scion.
    I was responding to this.

    The only evidence the Republicans have that 'proves Biden lied about his involvement in the family grift' is Archer's testimony.
    I've already gone over Biden using pseudonyms to inform his son, via email (5,200 of them) of governmental business. The national archives dragging their feet on releasing the emails suggests there's something fishy going on.

    I agree with your points. I didn't like Trump's family getting involved in his office, with the exception of promoting charities. I thought the Republicans demanding Obama's birth certificate was a waste of time and money. I think Mitch McTurtle should be forced out of office, along with Feinstein and the senator from Pennsylvania that had a stroke. Nancy Pelosi's husband's company is called "Financial Leasing Services, Inc" (that kind of title screams laundering money), it would be like Dell renaming themselves as "Computer Company". In the early 90's Gore created/back a bill to sell California oil reserves and the company he used to work for and has stock in, bought the oil. He made a tiding sum, when confronted about it, he said he was wrong and gave it to his mother. He sold Current TV to Al Jazeera, a company owned by an emirate rich from oil. There's several interviews calling him out on it.

    Hunter Biden suddenly becoming a world renown artist is quite amazing. Especially because art has no intrinsic value like gold, it's worth as much as a person is willing to pay for it. China just coincidentally values his art at hundreds of thousands of dollars.

    It's a sad state and it will only get worse. Your everyday average person doesn't know about Uighur "re-education" camps. They're too busy Netflix and chilling or creating narcissistic TikTok videos.

  18. #198

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramashan View Post
    @Lord Thesaurian

    I hate that I'm allowing myself to get dragged into this. But, please, read your own posts before making them.


    The only evidence the Republicans have that 'proves Biden lied about his involvement in the family grift' is Archer's testimony.
    No it isnít lol, although Archerís testimony also contains evidence Biden lied about his knowledge of the family grift, assuming Archer was telling the truth.
    You both claim that Archer's testimony is strawman and that it's absolute. Again, schrodinger's evidence. You both want us to believe that Archer's evidence is a logical fallicy and the smoking gun at the same time. Make up your mind.

    And if not Archer's testimony, please point me to this strong evidence the Republicans have found about Biden's involvement in family grift.
    Iíve provided more than one link to the investigation at this point. Archerís testimony provides evidence that Biden lied about his involvement in the family grift, as do other findings from the ongoing investigation. You claimed that because Archer said he didnít have direct knowledge of Biden being bribed, there was no evidence Biden lied about his knowledge of the family grift.
    And regarding: I was never looking for exculpatory evidence. I always admitted that if there is a suspicion of guilt there should be an investigation. You are the one who refused to see Trump associates meeting with Russians as a cause for concern, or warranting investigation, while arguing that Biden meeting socially with his son is a cause for one. Nothing more.
    Again, you donít seem to understand either the Russia investigation or the Biden investigation, or at least, thatís all I can gather from these inane rhetorical comparisons. Zero people in the Trump campaign colluded with Russians. The purpose of the Russia investigation was to find out if anyone in the Trump campaign colluded with Russians, but as Durham found out, there was no such evidence. Biden lied about his knowledge of the family grift. The purpose of the investigation is to find out if he broke the law, based on what is already known. Claiming two different things are the same doesnít mean standards of evidence have changed.
    Maybe you just misunderstood my thesis or don't know what exculpatory conclusion means.....

    I never said any of that. My thesis is that Conservatives are quick to dismiss Trump investigations for the same reasons that they demand investigations into Biden.
    This isnít a thesis. A thesis is something falsifiable. Youíre stating an opinion based on a lack of understanding of either of the topics youíre comparing. In order for the comparison to be valid, Trump would have to have lied about colluding with Russians to rig the election, at minimum.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

  19. #199

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    Speaking of thesis. People forgot Biden is a speech thief.

    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar..._143788.html#!

  20. #200

    Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

    https://www.newsweek.com/maga-prophe...nemies-1826387

    Julie Green, a self-proclaimed prophet and fervent supporter of former President Donald Trump, said during a recent episode of her online show that she received a message from God about how leaders currently in power are "about to take their ultimate fall."
    Green frequently shares messages, which she says God sends to her, in videos posted on streaming channels for her Julie Green Ministries International. Past predictions have included that Democratic Representative Nancy Pelosi of California would die before the 2022 midterm elections and, more recently, that the indictments against Trump would "explode" and "all fall apart."
    Green has been a featured speaker at right-wing ReAwaken America events, which also have featured guests such as former Trump adviser Michael Flynn and Eric Trump, one of the former president's sons. The younger Trump appeared on Green's show last week, and she told him messages from God to her indicate that the Trump family is receiving God's protection.
    Seem like MAGAs have nothing to worry about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •