Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    As I said the first time you deflected to impeachment, the only relevance the Democrats’ accusations have to Trump’s disqualification from the ballot in Colorado is that Trump was never convicted. I couldn’t care less why you think being charged with crimes proves his guilt but being acquitted doesn’t count.
    Guess you either couldn't or didn't read this part of my first post:

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    With that said...he hasn't been convicted of anything, the Colorado Supreme Court absolutely jumped the gun here.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

he hasn't been convicted of anything, the Colorado Supreme Court absolutely jumped the gun here.

But ... should he be convicted of something for the 14th to apply? Conviction is a different thing. Donald Trump is not paying fines nor going to prison. The trials on whether there was criminal intent and liabilities are yet to conclude so he is considered innocent of any crime.
    But should one be CONVICTED for the 14th to apply? The ruling doesn't send him to prison, it just says he is not eligible to run for PotUS. Same with a citizen born in a different country.

Now, that said: it is indeed a question. I do NOT know the answer. Perhaps for 14th to apply one must be convicted for insurrection/aiding the enemy.
    Because if it wasn't, then I could say that no President in the past many many years should be allowed to run for re-election as they had to "break eggs to make omelette" in their first year = sleep with some questionable 'allies'.
    Example: Trump and Biden gave help to terrorist groups. The Shia groups fighting ISIS? They are Hezbollah and Houthi affiliates and friends of Iran. Enemies of USA. The Sunni groups? Friends of Al Qaeda. The Sunni groups fighting Houthis and Hezbollah? ISIS affiliates.
    So, Obama, Trump and Biden gave help to Hezbollah to fight Al Qaeda, to Al Qaeda to fight ISIS and to ISIS to fight Hezbollah. All enemies of USA (war on terror etc).
    And that is just one example. (Also: Three Kingdoms total war vibes in that mess, helping each a bit to nobody dominates. Buy 3KTW for Christmas! <== this is on topic considering the relevance of that game to the current political climate in USA and the geopolitics that USA affects).

So: I am not sure one should be convicted first OR whether one should not have to be convicted first.
    But Trump was removed by a court from the ballot, after the court examined the case they didn't do it willy nilly. And he can appeal that decision.

Also, the Republicans could say that Biden helped the enemy and remove him from Ballots in states they control. It shouldn't be hard to find a case, USA has a lot of enemies.
    And then it comes down to the courts practically deciding who would be eligible to run... and that is not nice.
    Last edited by alhoon; December 21, 2023 at 04:34 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Guess you either couldn't or didn't read this part of my first post:
    So I should dismiss everything before that as irrelevant nonsense. Got it.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Banning candidates is the worst idea. You are risking loss of democracy, for a guy who at worst can be president for just 4 more years.
    Ridiculous and very dangerous.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

"Democracy is when the government determines who can run for office or be listed on the ballot."

-Democrats

The jokes write themselves. The same leftoids fear mongering about 2A extremists who apparently did not show up to a single supposed J6 INSURRECTION. The facts are so clear that adhering to the media propogandist narrative is to just be a commissar at this point.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; December 24, 2023 at 01:56 AM.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    he hasn't been convicted of anything, the Colorado Supreme Court absolutely jumped the gun here.

But ... should he be convicted of something for the 14th to apply? Conviction is a different thing. Donald Trump is not paying fines nor going to prison. The trials on whether there was criminal intent and liabilities are yet to conclude so he is considered innocent of any crime.
    But should one be CONVICTED for the 14th to apply? The ruling doesn't send him to prison, it just says he is not eligible to run for PotUS. Same with a citizen born in a different country.

Now, that said: it is indeed a question. I do NOT know the answer. Perhaps for 14th to apply one must be convicted for insurrection/aiding the enemy.
    Because if it wasn't, then I could say that no President in the past many many years should be allowed to run for re-election as they had to "break eggs to make omelette" in their first year = sleep with some questionable 'allies'.
    Example: Trump and Biden gave help to terrorist groups. The Shia groups fighting ISIS? They are Hezbollah and Houthi affiliates and friends of Iran. Enemies of USA. The Sunni groups? Friends of Al Qaeda. The Sunni groups fighting Houthis and Hezbollah? ISIS affiliates.
    So, Obama, Trump and Biden gave help to Hezbollah to fight Al Qaeda, to Al Qaeda to fight ISIS and to ISIS to fight Hezbollah. All enemies of USA (war on terror etc).
    And that is just one example. (Also: Three Kingdoms total war vibes in that mess, helping each a bit to nobody dominates. Buy 3KTW for Christmas! <== this is on topic considering the relevance of that game to the current political climate in USA and the geopolitics that USA affects).

So: I am not sure one should be convicted first OR whether one should not have to be convicted first.
    But Trump was removed by a court from the ballot, after the court examined the case they didn't do it willy nilly. And he can appeal that decision.

Also, the Republicans could say that Biden helped the enemy and remove him from Ballots in states they control. It shouldn't be hard to find a case, USA has a lot of enemies.
    And then it comes down to the courts practically deciding who would be eligible to run... and that is not nice.
    I would say since he hasn't been convicted, let him stay on the ballot. If convicted, then yeah, kick him off. He's rich, so he's not going to prison if he's convicted, so this would be a fitting punishment.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    "Democracy is when the government determines who can run for office or be listed on the ballot."

-Democrats

The jokes write themselves. The same leftoids fear mongering about 2A extremists who apparently did not show up to a single supposed J6 INSURRECTION. The facts are so clear that adhering to the media propogandist narrative is to just be a commissar at this point.
    You know the Constitution, enforced by "the government", determines who can run for POTUS and be listed on the ballot, yeah? Good luck running a 32 year old candidate for POTUS. You'll get "oppressed" by the "Deep State".
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

It is difficult to discern how stupid your post is. It's either you think Trump is 32, that the constitution is "enforced" by the "government" as if it is some sort of law code, that the government decides who can run for office, that the constitution decides who can run for office through the lens of some government, or that the deep state does not exist. Being taught never to attribute to malice what can be confused for ignorance, I will just clarify and reiterate my post:

"Democracy is when democrat operatives decide who can be listed on the ballot for political purposes or not."

But by all means, keep it up. Trump not only seems immune but seems to capitalize on every leftoid overreach.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; January 02, 2024 at 10:39 PM.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68245617

Too senile for trial, perfectly fit for the presidency. Clown world.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

The Democrats really should have made it clear from the outset that Biden would only serve one term, and they'd find a different candidate for 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser101 View Post
    The Democrats really should have made it clear from the outset that Biden would only serve one term, and they'd find a different candidate for 2024.
    No need to take such risks and gamble on a new candidate when you can just throw your opponent in jail and brand his supporters as terrorists.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Laser101 View Post
    They heavily leaned on that. Many of us outsiders thought that was the plan. Biden also recently said that he is running again mostly because Trump is against him again so he thinks his job (to preserve American democracy from a wannabe-Erdogan) is not done yet.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

No need to take such risks and gamble on a new candidate when you can just throw your opponent in jail and brand his supporters as terrorists.
    Once again, Democrats did not commit Trump's crimes, he did. And as much as you all might believe you are being treated like terrorists I have yet to hear of Biden ordering missile and drone strikes on Maga rallies. The worst you get is a few eye rolls as you all cheer on Trump saying he will declare martial law and lock up everyone who he has ever felt slighted by.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; February 09, 2024 at 07:37 AM.

It is difficult to discern how stupid your post is.
    That means a lot, coming from you.
    It's either you think Trump is 32
    I don't know where you got that one, are you reaching? I said the Constitution limits who you can elect as POTUS, age is one of the factors.
    that the constitution is "enforced" by the "government" as if it is some sort of law code
    You see, we have this thing called the government that carries out the procedures and rules of the Constitution. We have a whole branch that interprets it, a whole branch that modifies it, and a whole branch that executes it.

that the government decides who can run for office
    The Constitution puts the limits in, yes. It has since its introduction and has been modified since.

that the constitution decides who can run for office through the lens of some government,
    No idea what "the lens of some government" means here. The SCOTUS is the top "lens" used for interpreting. But yes, the government will not swear in a person who is ineligible to hold the office of the President.

or that the deep state does not exist.
    I know it's the cornerstone of your belief system, but it is far too vaguely defined for me to take seriously.

"Democracy is when democrat operatives decide who can be listed on the ballot for political purposes or not."
    Which "democrat operative" is deciding who can be listed on a ballot? Here I was thinking it was up to the courts.
    But by all means, keep it up. Trump not only seems immune but seems to capitalize on every leftoid overreach.
    If only legalities were determined through popularity contests. Even then, though, Trump has never won the popular vote in an election.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

The "report" was a hit piece by a Trump operative. If you all believed that Biden was senile, what does that say about you since he has done nothing but run circles around the right his entire term?

Did you all learn nothing about underestimating him four years ago, when you lot were predicting Trump would win easily thanks to his bigly super-genius good brain?

Back on topic, Giuliani is shocked to learn that the notorious deadbeat stiffed him.

https://www.newsweek.com/rudy-giulia...ay-him-1868566

Rudy Giuliani, Donald Trump's former personal attorney, said this week he is owed $2 million in legal fees from the former president's campaign.

Speaking at a New York bankruptcy court hearing on Wednesday, Giuliani said Trump's campaign team never paid him for work he did after the November 2020 election, when was trying to prove baseless claims that Trump lost the race to President Joe Biden because of widespread voter fraud.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; February 10, 2024 at 06:13 AM.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...n-fine-1870868

Former President Donald Trump on Friday responded to the punishment handed down by Judge Arthur Engoron in a civil fraud case by calling the justice "crooked" and New York Attorney General Letitia James "corrupt."
    "The Justice System in New York State, and America as a whole, is under assault by partisan, deluded, biased Judges and Prosecutors. Racist, Corrupt A.G. Tish James has been obsessed with 'Getting Trump' for years, and used Crooked New York State Judge Engoron to get an illegal, unAmerican judgment against me, my family, and my tremendous business," Trump wrote on Truth Social. "I helped New York City during its worst of times, and now, while it is overrun with Violent Biden Migrant Crime, the Radicals are doing all they can to kick me out....."
    He wrote in a separate message: "A Crooked New York State Judge, working with a totally Corrupt Attorney General who ran on the basis of 'I will get Trump,' before knowing anything about me or my company, has just fined me $355 Million based on nothing other than having built a GREAT COMPANY. ELECTION INTERFERENCE. WITCH HUNT."
    I hope MAGAs are paying attention and learning something. It's always a good idea to yell at and threaten people with power over you. Remember to yell at the cop when you get pulled over, threaten them when they arrest you, and for sure insult the judge. Just follow your God's lead and all will work out. I promise.

Asked if businesspeople should be worried that if prosecutors could “do that to the former president, they can do that to anybody”, Hochul said: “Law-abiding and rule-following New Yorkers who are businesspeople have nothing to worry about because they’re very different than Donald Trump and his behavior.”

She added that the fraud case against Trump resulted from “really an extraordinary, unusual circumstance”.

Hochul’s comments were directed at some New York business leaders who said they were concerned that the attorney general Letitia James’s case against Trump could deter businesses and investment from coming to the state.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-kathy-hochul
    “No worries gais I know valuation shenanigans is literally your entire business model but rest assured this was purely political.”

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...elphia-1870965

Former President Donald Trump was met with loud boos as he promoted $399 sneakers at a convention a day after being ordered to pay $355 million in penalties in his New York civil fraud trial.
    Trump briefly took the stage at "Sneaker Con" on Saturday—which bills itself as the "The Greatest Sneaker Show on Earth"—to launch custom, Trump-branded sneakers.
    Videos show he received loud boos when appearing onstage at the Philadelphia Convention Center.
    And the MAGAs in the comments are furious, pledging that they are a smart investment and calling everyone who points out the shoes are likely made in China a "groomer".

https://www.newsweek.com/giuliani-tr...tement-1882687

Rudy Giuliani has condemned the judgment against Donald Trump who was accused of inflating his assets' value, because "making a false statement is not fraud."
    Trump faces a Monday deadline to pay a $454 million penalty, which includes interest, following the ruling by Judge Arthur Engoron in a civil-fraud case filed by Democrat New York Attorney General Letitia James. Newsweek contacted the Trump campaign team and James' office for comment by email on Saturday.
    Trump was accused of exaggerating his assets' worth to gain favorable loans but has denied any wrongdoing. However, the former president risks having his assets seized if he does not pay the penalty while he lodges an appeal requiring him to secure a bond of 120 percent of what he owes with collateral.
    I would like any Trump supporters reading this to try a little experiment. Go to the bank and get a loan by telling them you own huge mansions or piles of gold or something else you don't, and when you get caught tell them lying is okay. Are you now in trouble?

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Not if you're the Champion of the Common Man. Then rules don't apply to you. Or at least a lot of people think they shouldn't.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -