Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Lock him up! Former PotUS Trump indicted

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...200600193.html

"“Personal attacks on members of my court staff are unacceptable, not appropriate” Engoron made clear Tuesday after Trump took an underhanded partisan swing at the judge’s principal law clerk [...] Stating there could be “serious sanctions” if his order is not adhered to, Engoron demanded Trump take the offending post down [...] To underline the seriousness of his intentions, Engoron’s threatened sanctions could include fines, more restrictions and even 30 days behind bars for Trump if he violates the order."
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Trump should ignore the orders of this 'judge' and say and post whatever he pleases. He has the best words and his words of very bigly truthiness will hugely destroy the sick unintelligent losers who have brought this fake Marxist case against him. With his very stable super genius good brain he will stand triumphant on the roof top of Trump tower and bring on the storm. /S

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Trump should ignore the orders of this 'judge' and say and post whatever he pleases. He has the best words and his words of very bigly truthiness will hugely destroy the sick unintelligent losers who have brought this fake Marxist case against him. With his very stable super genius good brain he will stand triumphant on the roof top of Trump tower and bring on the storm. /S
    Rooftop of the Trump Tower? Why do that when there is the biggestest and bestest WALL on the border that Mexico paid for? No, he should stand triumphant on the Great Trump Wall.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Rooftop of the Trump Tower? Why do that when there is the biggestest and bestest WALL on the border that Mexico paid for? No, he should stand triumphant on the Great Trump Wall.
    He should do it shirtless so he can show off his Adonis figure to his adoring public.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    He should do it shirtless so he can show off his Adonis figure to his adoring public.
    Dude I just had dinner do not even make me sort of imagine Trump Topless.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Trump accuses judge of being a fraud because judge tries to uphold legal procedure in the courtroom. Don't worry, though, his supporters love him all the more for it. Trump > rule of law, every time, baby!
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

The richest country in the world. The best Unis in the world. 320 million people.
    And this is what the Republicans picked?

It's a feature, not a bug. His behavior is exactly what Republican voters want.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

"We got him this time"

"The walls are closing in"

The same folks who pushed the Russia hoax for seven years are the biggest cheerleaders for this type of thing, all the while shamelessly ignoring the fact that Trump has been in the crosshairs of the deep state since he came down the escalator nearly a decade ago. Trump has taught everyone capable of understanding it a fundamental lesson: the aristocratic oligarchs that rule over us by coercion, corruption, and capture will do whatever it takes to advance their own interest at the expense of the People and the national interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Trump has taught everyone capable of understanding it a fundamental lesson: the aristocratic oligarchs that rule over us by coercion, corruption, and capture will do whatever it takes to advance their own interest at the expense of the People and the national interest with billionaires like Trump being the banner-carriers and poster boys of this.
    fixed it for you...

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

The irony has always been completely lost on Trump supporters.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

fixed it for you...
    Because Soros has never had a political opinion. Or Bill Gates. Or Zuckerborg. Or Elon Musk until five minutes ago. Or any number of leftist wealthy people. If Trump is going to be the exception that proves your theory at least be honest about it - it's going to take the entire concerted effort of the leftist establishment to take him down. The irony being, I don't even care at this point. If you win it just confirms my argument, if I lose it only means life gets better for me. I am not a trump supporter, I am an establishment dissenter, because if you haven't noticed things already - basically everything sucks.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; November 26, 2023 at 10:33 PM.

The same folks who pushed the Russia hoax for seven years are the biggest cheerleaders for this type of thing, all the while shamelessly ignoring the fact that Trump has been in the crosshairs of the deep state since he came down the escalator nearly a decade ago. Trump has taught everyone capable of understanding it a fundamental lesson: the aristocratic oligarchs that rule over us by coercion, corruption, and capture will do whatever it takes to advance their own interest at the expense of the People and the national interest.
    That's a nice narrative you've got there, but fortunately for our legal system, narratives don't decide what is legal and what is not. Trump and Giuliani figured this out the hard way when they tried to push their "election was stolen" narrative into reality using the courts. The courts don't care how many acolytes believe the story you've spun to them. They care about procedure, precedent, and the rule of law. Justice and law are not going to cave to your whims or political goals.

Because Soros has never had a political opinion. Or Bill Gates. Or Zuckerborg. Or Elon Musk until five minutes ago. Or any number of leftist wealthy people.
    Textbook whataboutism. Soros could be funding a program to club all baby seals to death, Bill Gates could be funding projects to eradicate humanity, Musk could be funding projects to execute blond people and that would NOT affect or change the fact that Trump is an aristocratic oligarch (daddy's money) that bribes, blackmails and cheats to get what he wants and advance his personal interests.

If Trump is going to be the exception that proves your theory at least be honest about it
    Trump is not the exception, he is actually the main example of a corrupt, narcissistic oligarch that pursues his personal interests.
    Soros is a butthole but at least his agenda is not "make me richer and above the law" but some leftwing crap I disagree with. Zuck found out before Trump that billionaires are not above the law. Trump on the other hand decided to be a billionaire that controls the law through the judicial system, became PotUS and appointed a hell of a lot of judges.

I am not a trump supporter, I am an establishment dissenter, because if you haven't noticed things already - basically everything sucks.
    You really, REALLY sound like a Trump supporter, Ponti. You peddle the same crap Trump does about stolen elections, that some heavy rightwing people (Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Zuckenberg) are actually leftwings (?!?), that Russia didn't try to meddle in 2016 elections (PS. I believe Russia tried and was not very successful; Hillary lost by herself and thanks to the FBI's Commey, not because of Russia, but Russia tried).
    Last edited by alhoon; November 27, 2023 at 06:15 AM.

When I said "this is a feature, not a bug", I meant it. It's not some meme or joke. You are right that Ponti sounds like a Trump supporter, he laid it out clearly. He may not even like Trump personally, but he is hardcore anti-establishment and Trump is the best political representative of that sentiment. You have to understand why Trump appears as a good guy to his supporters. They aren't evil, obviously, they just believe that the US government is a completely fallen and invalid entity. They are as anti-US State as any Chinese or Russian autocrat. They support Trump dissing this judge because they believe the US legal system has no legitimate standing or ground. The courts are completely ruined, corrupt, and useless, from their point of view. That is what it takes to understand the Trump-populace political view: the government has no legitimacy, in anything; there is no hope for reform, only the State's destruction and resurrection; anyone seeking to destroy the government, even if they are deplorable, is still the enemy of my enemy and therefor my friend. It may seem weird, but that is the state of a large portion of America right now; we want to destroy the government, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    When I said "this is a feature, not a bug", I meant it. It's not some meme or joke. You are right that Ponti sounds like a Trump supporter, he laid it out clearly. He may not even like Trump personally, but he is hardcore anti-establishment and Trump is the best political representative of that sentiment. You have to understand why Trump appears as a good guy to his supporters. They aren't evil, obviously, they just believe that the US government is a completely fallen and invalid entity. They are as anti-US State as any Chinese or Russian autocrat. They support Trump dissing this judge because they believe the US legal system has no legitimate standing or ground. The courts are completely ruined, corrupt, and useless, from their point of view. That is what it takes to understand the Trump-populace political view: the government has no legitimacy, in anything; there is no hope for reform, only the State's destruction and resurrection; anyone seeking to destroy the government, even if they are deplorable, is still the enemy of my enemy and therefor my friend. It may seem weird, but that is the state of a large portion of America right now; we want to destroy the government, literally.
    It does seem weird and I hope you are either wrong, or what you say represents a 5% of the Maga (i.e. 3% of the USA population = close to 10 million people = at least 100,000 (1% of 10M) possible terrorists / insurgents once the spark catches = USA in deep poop.)

Now, on the completely ruined courts: Trump was PotUS for 4 years. Thanks to Moscow Mitch, he placed a ton of judges from Top to high-ranks. Of the courts are still ruined, even if you blame it all the way back to the founding fathers, it is STILL partially Trump's fault.

It does seem weird and I hope you are either wrong, or what you say represents a 5% of the Maga (i.e. 3% of the USA population = close to 10 million people = at least 100,000 (1% of 10M) possible terrorists / insurgents once the spark catches = USA in deep poop.)
    It gets even weirder for me as I often doubt the sincerity of rhetoric MAGA uses; it often times seems more like a tantrum than a genuine belief. For example, after the 2020 election and the adamant stance of MAGA that Democrats stole the election from Trump by fabricating votes, I assumed there would be a large uptick in terrorist activity. That would be the logical course, to me. I don't know about yourself, but if I genuinely believed that my current government was entirely illegitimate and was actively killing the democratic process of my nation, I'd be out in the woods with fellow resistance fighters to take down the evil usurpers. But that didn't happen. MAGA claimed the country was ruined and all was lost, but they kept going to work the next day and obeyed traffic lights like it was all normal. I can't square these two perspectives in my head other than to say "they don't actually believe what they are claiming". Perhaps they just believe there is political utility in saying it.
    Now, on the completely ruined courts: Trump was PotUS for 4 years. Thanks to Moscow Mitch, he placed a ton of judges from Top to high-ranks. Of the courts are still ruined, even if you blame it all the way back to the founding fathers, it is STILL partially Trump's fault.
    I believe their current narrative for this is that the "Deep State" is so extensive that Trump couldn't rein it in during his presidency and the systems are still illegitimate. I never understood how the FBI is out to get Trump and frame him when the FBI Director is a Trump appointee. I think a MAGA-er told me that Trump was tricked by his advisors into appointing a deep stater, while another told me the FBI Director (Christopher Wray) was threatened into following Biden's "orders'. They don't think much about why the systems would be so untrustworthy, they just know the systems aren't giving them the results they expected or wanted. It's literally the Skinner meme from The Simpsons.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by The spartan; November 28, 2023 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    That's a nice narrative you've got there, but fortunately for our legal system, narratives don't decide what is legal and what is not. Trump and Giuliani figured this out the hard way when they tried to push their "election was stolen" narrative into reality using the courts. The courts don't care how many acolytes believe the story you've spun to them. They care about procedure, precedent, and the rule of law. Justice and law are not going to cave to your whims or political goals.
    As a lawyer, I don't really care about your musings. Objectively speaking from a purely legal status, you're losing so hard I can't even believe the bills would be paid to satisfy the doomed to fail legal bills. Trump has won so many summary dismissals, it is insanity. The only way you take on an anti-Trump civil matter is so long as you are willing to lose and pay hugely in atty fees. Not shocking dems will waste money on that haha.

Textbook whataboutism. Soros could be funding a program to club all baby seals to death, Bill Gates could be funding projects to eradicate humanity, Musk could be funding projects to execute blond people and that would NOT affect or change the fact that Trump is an aristocratic oligarch (daddy's money) that bribes, blackmails and cheats to get what he wants and advance his personal interests.
    So you admit you're in favor of genocide, clubbing seals, and eradicating humanity because...Trump? You've admitted to being entirely insane by this, but if you have even a shred of good faith in you, I don't know, maybe we could have a convo?

Trump is not the exception, he is actually the main example of a corrupt, narcissistic oligarch that pursues his personal interests.
    Yeah maybe, idk, give me two examples of this behavior.

Soros is a butthole but at least his agenda is not "make me richer and above the law" but some leftwing crap I disagree with. Zuck found out before Trump that billionaires are not above the law. Trump on the other hand decided to be a billionaire that controls the law through the judicial system, became PotUS and appointed a hell of a lot of judges.
    The fact you're defending Soros. Lol.

You really, REALLY sound like a Trump supporter, Ponti. You peddle the same crap Trump does about stolen elections, that some heavy rightwing people (Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Zuckenberg) are actually leftwings (?!?), that Russia didn't try to meddle in 2016 elections (PS. I believe Russia tried and was not very successful; Hillary lost by herself and thanks to the FBI's Commey, not because of Russia, but Russia tried).
    Ah no, I don't care. I donated to Bernie in 2016 or whatever, if I sound like a Trumper well first of all I don't care, I am anti establishment. If I could boil it down I'd say mostly that Obama ruined our country with his forever wars, racism baiting, bank bailouts, and foreign wars. I don't waive in favor of whatever flag, I want to point out the *hit that f*ucks us politically.

Trump could be elected as SUPREME DICTATOR tomorrow and it wouldn't change

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

except his power is weak and he's at odds with the majority of oligarchs. Russian problem aside, giving the likes of him power alone could weaken the existing oligarchs who don't even pretend to care about what people want but presenting themselves as the moral guide and their perspective as the sole truth, which I'd add is borderline brainwashing and fundamentally undemocratic.

Those s need to realize that all national decisions ultimately are made by the people, not them. They do what people tell them to, not the other way around.
    Last edited by AqD; November 30, 2023 at 12:33 PM.

As a lawyer, I don't really care about your musings. Objectively speaking from a purely legal status, you're losing so hard I can't even believe the bills would be paid to satisfy the doomed to fail legal bills. Trump has won so many summary dismissals, it is insanity. The only way you take on an anti-Trump civil matter is so long as you are willing to lose and pay hugely in atty fees. Not shocking dems will waste money on that haha.
    Last time I checked, I am not in court, on the prosecution or defense's side. And, apparently unlike yourself, I don't take political sides as to the legality of conduct. If someone does something illegal, they should be convicted of the crimes. If they didn't do it, they should be found innocent; easy as that. My post was about how Trump threw a tantrum because the judge wouldn't allowed him to break court procedure and read his prepared speech at an inappropriate time. Trump called the court corrupt for this, his followers agree, and, presumably, you agree with that sentiment as well. All because you guys base the legality of things on it's political outcomes.
    So you admit you're in favor of genocide, clubbing seals, and eradicating humanity because...Trump?
    Oh for pete's sake...He is saying that those things are unrelated to justifying Trump's conduct! He is calling you out on a whataboutism. Lawyer my ass...