Thread: Rome II legendary campaign corrupted save (Vanilla)

Default Rome II legendary campaign corrupted save (Vanilla)

Hi,

Anyone else had a problem with corrupted save on a legendary campaign? I can see the file in the saves folder (its empty when i open it with a text editor), but when in-game its not shown in the list, and when i try to 'continue the campaign' - the game just crashes.
    It was a Rome Julii campaign, made it to 86 AD. If there is a way to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. If the save is gone, then it is what it is..

auto_save_legendary.Rome.23032023.225223.zip

Thanks

Default Re: Rome II legendary campaign corrupted save (Vanilla)

Several possibilities there:
    - Maybe you started that campaign when you didn't have all the official game updates or dlcs yet
    - Or you could have corrupted the file when you opened with a text editor. Why did you open it? You didn't need to do that
    - How is it that you don't see the game save when in-game? Try this mate: move the other many saves ( if there are many ) to another custom folder you create outside the game main folder. Just leave the save file you want to load. Maybe you'd be able to see the save in the list when you are in-game. I think when you hit "Continue the campaign" probably the game is trying to load a different old save. In order to make sure the game loads the correct save just do this: Start another different campaign. Then pause the game and hit "load game". Then check if the save you want to load is visible in the list and see if you can load that saved campaign you want to continue
    EDIT:
    I forgot another possibilty:
    Have you been playing a mod lately? If so, deactivate all mods ( such as Divide et Impera, Radius, War of the Gods, Para Belllum, etc ) and then try to do the steps I mention above...
    Last edited by twgamer20197; April 15, 2023 at 06:53 PM.

Default Re: Rome II legendary campaign corrupted save (Vanilla)

Thank you for the reply and suggestions, sadly this was the only campaign i had been playing and the only save - it looks like the save corrupted somehow after a sudden pc shutdown i had while playing the game. It was after that when i tried to continue the campaign, and the game just kept on crashing. Went in-game to try to load the campaign manually but the load campaign button was disabled as if there was no saves. Checked the saves folder and there was a save file for the campaign. Then i tried to open it with a text editor and it was empty, probably should not have done that yeah. (did for the a new campaign start and the file contained some text)
    Then i tried to start a new campaign, saved it, and went to see if the corrupted save would appear but no, only the newest campaign save appeared in the load list menu.
    I play with no mods at the moment, and i think i should have the latest patches applied but i'm not entirely sure

Again, thanks for the reply, i appreciate it. By all it looks like the campaign is fully gone, which is a shame but at this point i'm not sure if there is anything else i can try