Thread: Ambush draw tactics

Default Ambush draw tactics

How do you usually draw your enemies to an ambush? In my case there are examples:

- If I see an enemy army not very far from a city of mine and within a one turn reach, I put an army in ambush stance behind the city and close to it. The enemy army could think the city is an easy prey and probable would feel tempted to attack the city.

- I put a full stack army in ambush mode where there is an enemy army that can reach that point in the map in the next turn. And I also put a very small army in normal stance behind my full stack army that is in ambush mode so that an enemy army thinks it will have a very easy prey.

Do you do the same things?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Ambush draw tactics

Yes, I usually use your second example. Ambushing an enemy army when they approach one of your cities sounds like a good idea.

Default Re: Ambush draw tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Yes, I usually use your second example. Ambushing an enemy army when they approach one of your cities sounds like a good idea.
    However if there is an enemy spy or champion specialized in discovering hidden armies near the place where you want to catch an enemy army in an ambush, your ambush could fail. In this case I suggest accompanying your army with a spy or champion or dignatary specialized in killing enemy agents or at least in reducing their atributes or skills. First try to kill the enemy spy or champion or at least downgrading him/her