Thread: Any interesting historical games other than Total War?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Any interesting historical games other than Total War?

I lost my interest in Total War since Attila and even in Attila as I donīt have a computer that can handle it. In the meantime I am saving for a new computer that can play Attila, Id like to know other historical games that does not require a NASA computer like Attila to play it. I am mostly interested in strategy, could be turn based or rts but historical, I hate fantasy, is not my thing, so I discard anything related with Warhammer or Lord of the Ring.

Default Re: Any interesting historical games other than Total War?

Field of Glory 1&2 - tbs tactical battles set in the ancient and medieval times. A ton of historical faction.

Field of Glory: Empires - grand strategy similar to Imperator. You can export and play the battles in Field of Glory 1.

Panzer Corps series - tbs

Steel Division II, Company of Heroes series, Men of War series.

While I enjoy fantasy and low fantasy particularly, I can totally relate to your dislike of Warhammer. If you would like to challenge your preferences a little, I found the game A Plague Tale: Innocence novel, creative, and memorable. It is a 3d adventure game set in a carefully crafted European Middle Ages setting without any fantasy tropes. However, there is a certain element of the supernatural or the demonic involved. But no spell casting or anything like that as I recall.

If you are thinking about games with TW focus (troop movements and confrontations on the battlefield) with historical accuracy. I just found out a few weeks ago about a game that a Spanish studio has been developing for 4 months. It is focused on the gap that exists between MTW and ETW, the era of pike&shot and the religious wars. They are looking for backers in a kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...onor-and-glory

I hope they are successful

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I've heard Manor Lords come recommended but I don't know much about it. There is also Ultimate General: Gettysburg for a more modern warfare, slightly older and lower specs title. They scratch itches for the strategic experience and battles experience respectively.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?