Thread: Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail

Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail is on sale until March 23rd, and I'm tempted to buy it. Have you tried it - would you recommend it?

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail

Yes I have it and I fully recommend it. In the naval aspect is more interesting than Empire and Napoleon Total War, but it focus too much in Royal Navy. I disliked land battles because I was looking for a purely naval strategy game but there are few land battles and take few time to pass through them. The problem is the game has few variety as is mainly short campaigns but I enjoyed battles such as Copenhague and Trafalgar where you have the opportunity to take command of a big fleet.

Currently is among my favourite games because I am really interested in this topic.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm enjoying Age of Sail!

The improved realism - for example cannon range varying as ships heel over, damage to specific aspects of the ship (such as the water pump) is well done. I'm enjoying the ability to experiment with different cannon, officers and upgrades (as well as different units in troopships).

I agree - it's a shame that the campaigns are fairly short, it would be good to have a sandbox campaign - or playable side missions, maybe with additional procedurally generated ones. I hope they will be able to include this quality of ship battles (and customisable ships) in Ultimate General: American Revolution - and that the game will include a sandbox campaign.

Thanks, again, for recommending this game! People who are interested in the game might want to look at a new review of Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail.