Thread: [Award] Hader for Divus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [Award] Hader for Divus

HADER, head of the Imperial House of Hader

Awarded for distinguished contributions to the community and exceptional service to TWC as an administrator.

My part Some weeks ago I was perusing the awards section of the site while preparing a list of eligible users for the Milestone Award, when the Divus subsection caught my attention. It occurred to me that, in all my years here (been on and off this place since 2009), I hadn't seen around not even once at least half of the recipients, therefore their merits have always remained unknown to me, although I'm 101% certain they got their reward for an extremely good reason.

The majority of these users that I collectively refered to in the previous paragraph stopped frequenting this place more or less around 2008, so, whatever their contributions were, that happened before my time. A bunch of old-timers from TWC's hallowed antiquity on that list, plus Gigantus and Flinn.

I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable person on this site when it comes to Hex activity, as I've never been an admin (and this award is given mainly for Hex service), but what I do know is that there is at least one person who thoroughly deserves to take a place among the Elevated Ones, the reason being that extremely few people, if any at all, have invested more time and effort in so many Staff branches for the benefit of this site than Hader did. Except these current times, I don't ever remember seeing Hader's username written otherwise than in bold red letters, or light blue letters, the former for most of his various tenures here.

To say that this award is long overdue would be an extreme understatement. Better late than never I suppose.

PS: somehow I feel this nomination should have been put up by a member of the Imperial House of Hader (current member count: 107).

Hader's activity Hader's official involvement in running this site as a Staffer began in September 2006 (Junior Moderator), six months after joining TWC, and it pretty much lasted until around a couple of years ago. A bit harder to come up with solid dates regarding every job, like in Flinn's case for example. A more complete list of contributions can be found here.

During this time, beside the junior Staff jobs he held in various Staff branches over the years (including Moderating), he has been

• the first official modding custodian, or the Modding Registrar (official name back then prior to elevation to Modding Hex)
    • Content Hex, appointed in 2014
    • Gaming Hex, appointed in 2015; two tenures
    • served for several years as the Chief Librarian, as part of the Content Staff; additional support after his appointment as Content Hex
    • News Team Director, as part of the Content Staff; additional support after his appointment as Content Hex
    • University Overseer for 5 years
    • Administrator Emeritus and subsequently additional support for the Hex Council along the years

Hader has basically been a pillar of this place. Perhaps a rather lapidary description of his activities here, but behind each of these mentions stands a great deal of strong commitment for the benefit of TWC, and for these reasons I'm really convinced he deserves the ultimate site award.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Award] Hader for Divus

Support.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

I find this silence rather disrespectful.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

The silence is a true symptom of the state of the Union.

Nonetheless, before I came to meet Flinn I found Hader to be among the most proactive hex, one of the last of his kind, and along with a lengthy and solid tenure as an administrator I have to give this a support.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    The silence is a true symptom of the state of the Union.
    I had seen various people reading the thread.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Support even I though I don't recall the Curia being able to hand this out.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Support, for what it's worth. In this place it once used to be hard to make yourself heard. Nowadays, if you say something odds are the only thing you hear back is the echo bouncing off the walls.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Support. What is dead may never die.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Support

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Here I am First, my apologies to Maximinus for not posting before (I guess you were expecting me to do so just after you put up the nomination), but as I also said in the CCT, large award nominations (and Divus' ones in particular) should be put up in a very thoughtful way, for a plethora of reasons, the main ones being: they are a celebration, the apotheosis actually, of one's career in the Staff, thus it makes sense to make them as complete as possible and also have as many people as possible be aware (I mean, those who can witness and properly support the claims made in the OP). I don't like rushed nominations (in general) and certainly I don't like those made just for the sake of casting them; I rejected rushed nominations for my Divus twice. Of course, this is just, like, my opinion, man.

That being said, does Hader deserve a Divus? Yes, he does. Hader has been a role model to me under many aspects and if I have to be fully honest, I feel like I'm his heir in Hex, mostly because we have both been the kind of across the board admin, doing what was needed to be done, when it was needed. I can't witness in full his work, since I basically replaced him when I joined Hex. Even though I was called in to replace General Chris to begin with IIRC, soon Hader had to quit due to RL and I tried (with alternate fortunes) to cover his duties; and I'm not going into celebrating his persona, that's not really needed, but I can tell you this: even if I know a few important members of this community (past or actual) who would oppose this nomination based on their direct interactions with Hader in his Hex role, my personal experience with him was absolutely positive, and I always liked how he approached any problem or issue with a very calm and pragmatic approach, trying to find a solution without the need to blame or personally attack anyone.

Looking at his contributions in his role, I'm particularly impressed by the University (which was a very unique feature and pretty successful under his management) as well as by his work as a Gaming Hex, in particular for the Hotseat community. Those two by themselves are worth a serious recognition. Add to that all the other stuff he did, and you'll get the full picture.

Support.
    Last edited by Flinn; March 24, 2023 at 02:42 AM. Reason: I hate typos
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Support for all the reasons in the OP and Flinn's addition.

Support.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Support, I also agree with reasons given in the OP and by Flinn.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I support Flinn in his quest to take over Hader for the lead of the House...
    Damn it, wrong thread.

Anyway, support Hader's nomination.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Please move this to vote.

Blog Entries

You can vote here!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Vote has passed, Hader will soon receive his Divus award!