Thread: Stuttering or mini freezes...

Default Stuttering or mini freezes...

Well,

I practically owned every total war but WH3...but at the moment I love ATTILA and I'm playing a lot..so I remember the main problem with it...the infinity stuttering or mini freezes during the battles. Every a certain ammount of time the game freeze, for some seconds, than it restart normally.
    I know that is a common issue but I tryed everything and I never solved the problem completely, my system is:

LENOVO ideagaming 3
    Ryzen 7 4800H 2.9 GhZ
    16 g RAM
    GeForce 1650 Ti 4Gb

I already modded the CFG in order to let Attila know that I have 4 Gb available on the graphic card.
    Than I try practically every configuration of the graphics setting except the low setting...

Frankly I'm desperate, I clearly remember that years ago I solved this problem in some way that I cannot remember.

So, I need every advice around to try an improving of the experiece..

Many thanks.

Default Re: Stuttering or mini freezes...

Changing the number of threads in CFG made the most difference for me. Your CPU seems to have 16 so it should look like this: number_of_threads 16

Blood and unit details have the most impact on battle fps in my experience. So either disable blood or set unit details to max performance. On the campaign map shadows are the biggest fps-killer. I have set it to performance but I still get fps drops when zooming in or clicking on cities. The fps drop while clicking on cities (or just hovering over them) is driving me mad, still haven't found a fix for this.

Default Re: Stuttering or mini freezes...

Well... I setted the threads as you said... I played all evening my radius moded WRE campaign with everything setted to quality but shadows, sky and water, without freezes or stuttering.
    This fix seems to work for me, I will keep testing but I have done a 3vs3 battle against hunns and everything went fluid...

I must thank you mate.. Really.

I wish I found this thing before.