Thread: CTD trying to save

Default CTD trying to save

greetings. just got back into EBII after a long absence, and currently running a romani campaign on EB 2.35. Went to save game after my initial battle in the First Punic War and the game crashed and won't reopen.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: CTD trying to save

Did you make any local modifications to your EBII installation?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Did you make any local modifications to your EBII installation?
    i added the EBII_M2TW_RTW_music submod in early February.

Did you add it in the middle of a campaign? Also, did the save file ever load after you installed the music submod? It's possible that changes to the descr_music.txt file isn't savegame compatible. Try reverting to the original descr_music.txt file and then reload

Did you add it in the middle of a campaign? Also, did the save file ever load after you installed the music submod? It's possible that changes to the descr_music.txt file isn't savegame compatible. Try reverting to the original descr_music.txt file and then reload
    No, I added it before I started. I had been saving before every battle and before every end turn before this happened with no issues...mind you it's only thirty some odd turns. I guess not relevant, but I had made it through 171 turns with the submod on my laptop with EB 2.3. Decided to switch over to my desktop for the better gaming experience, when I noticed somehow I had two different versions, so I started a new one. I have previously run a 300+ turn campaign on this rig with 2.35 in 2020.

Since you switched over to a different computer, please make sure that the M2TW Kingdoms executable has Windows 7 compatibility enabled, and is running as administrator. Aside from that, sorry to say this but I'm not sure how else to help besides updating to the latest EBII version, which is 2.35a R4. It's the most stable of the 2.35 series, and has extra features that you might enjoy. You might also want to refrain from installing submods until you're confident that your new computer works properly

Since you switched over to a different computer, please make sure that the M2TW Kingdoms executable has Windows 7 compatibility enabled, and is running as administrator. Aside from that, sorry to say this but I'm not sure how else to help besides updating to the latest EBII version, which is 2.35a R4. It's the most stable of the 2.35 series, and has extra features that you might enjoy. You might also want to refrain from installing submods until you're confident that your new computer works properly
    ok, thank you for your time.