Thread: Unit charge question

Default Unit charge question

Hello. I have noticed that javelin units have a very different charge animation that non-missile infantry units. When I have them charge with their secondary weapon (swords), they will approach the enemy unit, then they stop, then only the unit's front line will charge, leaving a gap between it and the rest of the unit, then a while later the rest of the unit will join in. Is this intentional ? If not, how can I fix it ? Thanks

Default Re: Unit charge question

It's the prec bug, they stop to switch weapons.

I see. Is it a common bug ? Do you know of a way to fix it ?

personally what i did was open the export_descr_units file, and replaced every "prec" with "no", which will make those units throw their javelins like any other javelin unit, and if you want to make them charge and not throw, hold alt and attack, this will make missile units fight in melee instead of shoot.
    personally i found that this is the best solution to the "javelins thrown before charge" issue, and it fixes AI units standing and doing nothing in melee.

backup your export_descr_units file though before doing this, just in case you dont like it for some reason

is there a reason why the dev team doesn't use this solution?

This fix is already in the dev build