Thread: Name all the Mexican and US states

Default Name all the Mexican and US states

Here are links to a Sporcle quiz on Mexican and US states. See how many you can name without using any searches or sources and post your results. It might be fun to compare how much people from different countries know. The quiz works so that you just type and as soon as you get the correct name, it will recognize and clear the input box. You do not need to submit in any way.

Please do not name any states in this thread so the others will have a clean slate to start from.

Mexico - you have eight minutes to complete the quiz.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/g/mexicanstates

US - you have ten minutes to complete the quiz.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/g/states

Last edited by Septentrionalis; February 19, 2023 at 06:05 PM.

Default Re: Name all the Mexican and US states

I got 14 Mexican states out of 31. I am happy with that. There were very few I think I could have gotten on a better day.

I got only 41 US states because of some major brain block. Many many years ago I have done much better, and I really should have done better now given my familiarity with the country. I even missed a state in which an IRL friend lives.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

US states were no problem, got them all with more than half the time to spare. The only struggle was spelling a certain state really. Mexico I did terribly on as I only got 7, I missed a few that I do know but I never heard of most states.

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Got all the US ones, 27/31 on the Mexican States. You can see the stats for the ones you got and missed - looks like for me they pretty closely corresponded to the least guessed ones (mainly in the middle of the country):

Quote Originally Posted by Søren View Post
    Got all the US ones, 27/31 on the Mexican States.
    That is really impressive. Anyone else care to take shot at it?