4. You may not vote on this poll
  • bigger

3 75.00%
  • smaller

1 25.00%

Thread: Saka Rauka AAR

Default Saka Rauka AAR

Hi!

I wanted to share my Saka's campaign videos with narration as a imaginated character. My goal is to upload rather short videos with occasional battles.

First, lower your speakersto satisfacionary level.

Second, I'm playing with my own houserules. I don't cheat and I don't use exploits (unless I didn't know about them or for roleplay only, but that is not what I want to do anyway).

Campaign settings: hard campaign level, normal battle level.
    EB version: 2.35A R3.5

I'm having fun playing this campaign.

Any furhter advices are welcomed.

Cheers!

author's note

There's a lot of names, cities, enemies and allies. To keep things less messy I coloured them, and:

FAMILY MEMBERS - are coloured as in the next paragraph (see below)

OTHER CHARACTERS - realted to Saka's; names are written with this font

SECONDARY AND FURTHER BACKGROUND CHARACTERS - simple black with changed font

ALLIES - all Saka allies in particular book - chapter, are written in this colour

ENEMIES - if Saka is in war in particular book - chapter, then all character names related to enemy will be in this colour

Clans, clan members, family tree, other characters

Titles:
    • MURUNDAE - refers to the leader of all Saka Rauka
    • RADUDAEKAE - refers to the successor

SAKA RAUKA:
    (description from mod itself; I'm not the author)
    The Royal Sakas who are the dominant political group among th Saka peoples, feared by all settled peoples from Persia to the Oases of the Tien Shan foothilss. As a member of this distinguished group, he is a good leader, and commands much respect respect among his fellow Sakas. Commander from this clan are skilled and will gladly lead his people into battle in hopes of wealthy and land, even over vast distances. He looks upon the ways of the more civilised neighbours with some interest, and is not adverse to the though of adopting their ways and habits, but due to his nomadic history he may not be the best suited ruler to govern a kingdsom of farmers.
    1. Shurasae - first recorded Murundae;
    2. Zamapatikae-
    mentor; doctor; Gakh Carver; sharp/charismatic/vigorous; selfish/optimistic; good tactician; political animal; even-handed; ranka connoisseur;
    3. Nahapanae -
    aged retainer; quartermaster; Wadnij; Herbalist; Hunter; sharp/charismatic/vigorous; selfish/optimistic; lovely wife; impoverished family;
    4. Maukae -
    sharp/uncharismatic/vigorous; unselfish/pessimistic; slightly lenient; determined; reserved; unschooled; uninspiring leader; ugly wife; impoverished family; doubtful courage; enjoys ranka;
    5. Achayakae - Tutor; Cook; Eagle Hunters; sharp/charismatic/vigorous; unselfish/optimistic; political animal; warlike; scalper; night fighter; ranka connoisseur;
    6. Shamay - placeholder
    7. Tsashthanę - (starts in chapter 9) sharp/charismatic/vigorous; unselfish/optimistic; fond to ribald rhymes; cultured; wealthy family; calm;

WUSUN:
    Wusun, known to the Greeks as the Issedonai, who live on the upper reaches of the Ily Valley. Other people of th steppes often travel to the Wusun lands, to have their wise elders give them advise, and settle disputes. According to legend, the lands beyond the Wusun are dominated by Cyclops and griffins fighting for the vast amounts of gold this land holds. Although this is probably nothing but myth, there for sure is gold to be found in the hills beyond the Wusun lands. As born nomad, he feels most at home roaming the great steppes, and will feel quite at a loss ruling settled lands.
    1. Kamaknay - Wadnij; Hunter; Eagle hunter; sharp/charismatic/languorous; unselfish/optimistic; intelligent wife; powerful family; expert scout;

MAZASAKA:
    Mazsaka, or Massagetai as they are known by the Greeks. Once upon a time, Quenn Tomyris of the Mazsaka ruled a great confederation that challenged, and even defeated the great king Kurush of the Persians in battle. Her brutal and sanguinary treatment of the fallen king has since become the stuff of legends, and it is told that she placed the slain become the head in a sack of human blood. Now, however, times are different, and the Mazsaka are just one of many tribal groups in the borderlands of steppes and settled lands, that libe of looting and trading. However, though times have changed, the Mazsaka still retain thei skill for command. Having lived in close connection to tessled people, and with many of them practicing transhumanism themselves, the Mazsaka often have a better understanding of organized societies, and organized warfare, than many other Sakas.
    1.Ulanę - sharp/charismatic/vigorous; selfish/optimistic; scalper; enjoys ranka; human quiver case;

OTHER CHARACTERS:
    1. Paramonos - author of this Saka history; he has been captured by Saka's riders when Oskobara falled.
    2. Xanthippos - son of Paramonos.
    3. Nartamay - spy, died during mission; he helped Shurasae in capturing city of Oskobara (first recorded great success of Saka Murundae).
    4. Razavarae - first diplomat; he have reached Pillars of Hercules as the first Saka Rauka member.
    Rapakamay - second diplomat; not so talented as Razavarae; his mission is focused on keeping an eye on allies attitude.
    Manayakulę Baktrios - client ruler in Balk.

FAMILY TREE:

MAPS

Map to Book One:

Map to Book Two:

List of Chronicles:
    prologue

My name is Paramonos. I was born in Baktria in 293 BC. My father in 269 BC was appointed governor of Oskobara and our family moved there. I was their only child. I owe my upbringing and education worthy of the Hellenes to my father and mother. The story you can read I wrote down while in captivity with the Sakas.

My parents were killed while they, the Saka Rauka, stormed the city. I expected nothing but death. However, I survived and lived long enough to write down on an ongoing daily basis what I managed to see with my own eyes while traversing various lands with the barbarians, as well as to put on paper what I myself heard from others. I hope that my work will be completed in turn by my descendant Xanthippos.

The barbarians had no need to describe their deeds. I stayed alive because I could write. I give you back the written history that is true to the extent that you will be able to agree with it.

First, meet the characters who made the story

Book One
    chapter 1

~ 272 BC ~
    Murundae Shurasae captures the city of Oskobara! The city is plundered and its inhabitants taken captive.

So how did this happen? It was like this, rumors of a riot in the city initiated by the residents themselves reached Shurasae. This was reported to him by a spy named Nartamay. The chief ordered the spy to make his way to the city and try to cause the gates to open; he was successful. Murundae ordered to move to the walls under cover of darkness and try to get inside.
    Nartamay gave the agreed sign and Shurasae's horsemen forced their way into the city at night, capturing it, as mentioned at the beginning. Apollodotos Agathokleious rushed to the aid of the inhabitants, along with his army (which will be mentioned later), but it was too late.

~ 271 BC ~
    Overjoyed by this unexpected gift from Fate and victory, Murundae Shurasae gave the order to march on Baktria itself, the capital!

News of his hasty march reached the enemy in time and the latter managed to mobilize his forces. Shurasae did not lose his wits, he stopped at plundering the enemy's surrounding fields; he beat the enemy's smaller forces in the field; that same year he moved on the enemy's camp (Haomavarganu Agu), which Arazatae, along with Ulanae, was also heading to from the north. On the way, Shurasae confronted Apollodotos Agathokleious, who was waiting for him at the Pamir mountains.

Apollodotos Agathokleious was defeated despite he had adventage in numbers; Apollodotos was killed in the battle; he was one of the Heterogenes which in Greek means a member of the Bactrian family.

Murundae Shurasae then heads to the aforementioned camp, which he captures by assult. Unfortunately in the course of it, the successor, Raudaekae Arazatae, was killed. Raudaekae Zamapatikae became the new successor.

Nartamay (spy) developed a spy network and received special funds for it.

chapter 2

~271 - 267 BC ~
    After spending several years in captivity (since the fall of Oskobara), I was able to meet several figures from Murundae Shurasae. I also gained knowledge of their titles.

The war with Baktria ended during this period. This took place in 267 BC. Up to this point, both sides had fought smaller battles. Undoubtedly, the end of the war and the terms of peace were influenced by the situation of the conclusion of an alliance by the Saka with Pahlava and Takasashila.

Facing such a strong alliance and the potential threat additionally from the east and west, Baktria, gave up the cities of Chach and Kurukand. I can only imagine the sorrow, regret and anger that must have appeared in the hearts of my countrymen.

The end of the war on such terms is a success for the Saka.

At that time, a diplomat named Razavarae was approaching the territories occupied by people calling themselves Romani. He traveled for four years the distance from the territories occupied by the Sakas to Ionia. He concluded treaties of trade with such peoples as the Armenians, the Ptolemies.

~ 266 BC ~
    There is relative peace in the lands of the Saka. By order of Murundae Shurasae, the process (majya kshaharae - "our lands") of absorbing the conquered indigenous population into the Saka confederation began. The tribe in issue is the Kangju tribe from the areas around Chach.

Razavarae reached the land of Areuakoi and established a trade treaty. In turn, at the end of the year, he reached the place that the Greeks call the Pillars of Hercules! This man accomplished a great deed! Gader, or the polis in Iberia, marks the end of his mission. Now the journey back home awaits him.

The polis Kurukand is governed by Nahapanae, who has not given the order to repair Alexandrou bomoi eschatoi, which does not please the Greeks living nearby, the Bactrians.

~ 265 BC ~
    Hastya Kabi (the king's flock), was initiated in the newly conquered territories.

End of the war between Bactria and Pahlava.

At the end of the year, the war is declared by Baktria! As it soon turned out, the war was the result of the thoughts of the unbalanced mind of a man named Plato, who even commanded a considerable number of men in Baktria's service. This one spread out his forces at Kurukand and began its siege. Murundae Shurasae issued an order for immediate mobilization. When this news reached Basileos and he ordered his diplomat named Oxyboakes Ta-yuan to go without delay to the administrator of Kukurand, Nahapanae, and offered to keep the peace. The agreement between the two nations would be maintained but Baktria must consequently pay a one-time sum of 5000 mina. The terms were accepted, and peace was made.

chapter 3

~ 264 BC ~

Diplomat on his way back; concludes more trade treaties with such exotic peoples as the Getai but the more closely known Sauromatae, also nomads.
    In the winter at Kurukand, a Bactrian agent was exposed and publicly executed.
    Nartamay, a loyal spy residing in Baktria territory, reports that one of the Stratos deserted with his subordinates! He became a rebel. Worthy of pity.

~ 263 BC ~
    Maukae, a boy who has begun his 16th year and is ready to leave Rudhtadarae. He is a member of the Saka Rauka clan! The clan most prominent among the clans of the confederation. Tales of the strength, courage and deeds of the Saka Rauka clan are chilling to residents of cities from Persia to the Oases at the foot of the Tien Shan mountains. Maukae has a predisposition to become a distinguished nomadic leader. He is sometimes reserved in expressing his opinions, but he balances this character trait with determination.

Ulanae, along with a small number of horsemen, heads east toward the city of Shahr to see what forces the rebellious Saka tribe has at its disposal. In the course of his mission, the ground shook there! He lost dozens of men but managed to escape with his own life.

Another Baktrian spy was caught and hanged. His body was displayed on the city's palisade as a warning. This also took place in Kukurand, Nahapanae has effective people.

chapter 4

~
    263 BC ~
    Recruitment of infantry troops is taking place in Kukurand.

These are the Saka Parathubara and the
    Saka Guhadurnabara.

(Saka Parathubara)

(Saka Guhadurnabara)

The former, use axes called Sagaris. With these weapons, they are able to inflict serious damage on
    other infantrymen wearing armor made of metal alloy.
    However, they are not professional soldiers but men seeking a better tomorrow who want to get rich
    quickly and fairly easily from war.

The Saka Guhadurnabara, on the other hand, are archers; their weapon is a composite bow. These
    warriors come from semi-nomadic tribes, Transoxeiana regions. Like the previous one, these also do
    not parley with the craft of war. Indeed, in their daily life they are shepherds, hunters or farmers. They
    have been using the bow since childhood, and are dangerous to the enemy on expeditions.

Rapakamay, the second diplomat, on Murandae's orders went to Hārāsp ź Dahāėn (Pahlavan allies) to offer a tribute, 50
    mina for 10 seasons. The ally accepted the gesture.

Arche Seleukeia and Baktria are at war with each other.
    In the winter, Hegemon Diodotos and his army were near Antiocheia Margianes, reports Nartamay (spy).

~ 262 BC ~
    Diodotos was joined by Hyspasines Dikaios. Now the two Bactrian armies are close together.

War with Baktria started!
    Now about who, in what direction and with what forces went.
    Kamaknay: as a hunter, he will take care of reconnaissance and command a small detachment; in
    addition, he destroys the enemy's farmlands.

Ulanę: commands infantry troops; surrounds and besieges the city of Marakanda, the capture of which
    should come without much effort.

Achayakę: commands the main force (Saka Durnabara - mounted archers, and Saka Ashwabara -
    light cavalry); secures Ulanę; together with him, he is accompanied by young Shamay and Maukę.

Antract
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"Nah, I'm not going to rush today." - Nartamay said to himself and took off his shirt and the rays of the spring sun immediately began to gently warm his skin.
    "Today I will not be in a hurry." - he repeated, as if he wanted to reassure himself that what he had decided was true.
    He let go of his mount's reins, so that the horse soon sensed that he could slow down and began walking at a slow pace.
    Nartamay and his mount began to traverse the meadow adorned with colorful flowers at the pace that people who like comfort are accustomed to traveling. The two travelers could hear the hard-working beeves and other insects that they hadn't had time to notice before.
    "It's beautiful here." Nartamay said this time to his companion.
    "Poor your fate." He patted his horse on the neck. "The horse of a diplomat on a mission to reach the edge of the world has the worst fate in the world. Good thing he has no idea what happened to the previous ones..." - he thought and sighed, as if he actually wanted to feel sorry for him. Nartamay looked over his right shoulder and watched the curve of the unbroken landscape line drawn on the horizon, which once rose but only to fall again. "It's fortunate that we don't have to traverse these mountains after all. A lot of snow there," he said.

- "Prohibere! Prohibere!"
    It took Nartamay several seconds before he recovered from the idyllic atmosphere around him and turned his horse in the direction from which the voice was coming. He saw five men on horses. It took only a seconds to him to realise that these were definitely men of the sword.
    The men on horseback skillfully surrounded him. The one whose voice he had already heard was a middle-aged man, but his voice was rough. Nartamay didn't understand the words spoken toward him, but he knew from their tone that he might be in trouble.

- "Quis es!?"
    - "I am, I am a diplomat in the service of Murundae Shurasae of the Saka Rauka clan." replied instinctively.
    - "Quis es!?", repeated the young man, and his voice seemed even louder. Nartamay had two riders behind him. He could hear the hooves of their horses, which were not allowed to stand still; the horses breathed short and loud.
    - "Qualis est hic? Non vidi unum sic prius." Nartamay heard behind his back and he thought that maybe when he showed them the insignia, they would understand what function he was carrying out. He reached into one of the bags attached to his mount and began searching through it for the golden insignia representing the Sakas. At the same moment, he heard the short and quick metallic sound of swords being drawn.
    - "Explorator est!" ... Nartamay finally reached in and pulled out gold-plated deer figurines from his panniers, as well as an elaborate necklace and a dagger scored with colored stones and gold-plated. The tension has dropped.
    - "Sciebam hodie felix dies fuit. Gallinae laetae reliquias e ientaculo comedunt."
    - "Ita... Ita tantum aurum..."
    The young-looking man, the one who stopped Nartamay, now spoke just as sternly to his companions.
    - "Pulli tui valent id quod edas. Et tam stultus es quam isti. Spectet. Hic homo non sicut nos, non eadem lingua loquitur sicut nos, etiam alium odorem habet quam nos... "
    - "Απεσταλμένος!" Nartamayremembered a word the people from Ionia had taught him.
    - "... et habet volumina de membranis accinctis ad eam, et complevit."
    - "Speculator est, optio. Eum occidamus et aurum communicemus."
    The whole situation began to stress Nartamay heavily. He was sweating excessively.
    - "Stultus es. Non tamen referam te ad Legatum postquam audivi. Non visurus sum amplius. Quod ego vobiscum sum, satis mihi poena est. Redimus in castra. Legatus curabit quid cum hoc homine aget. Abeamus!"
    The young-looking man pointed at Nartamay and himself then took off. Nartamay comprehended that he was to follow his footsteps. He let the air out of his lungs loudly, made himself lighter. I need to get dressed, he thought, I'm freezing.

Book Two
    chapter 5

~ 262 BC ~
    Nartamay reports to Ulanę that west of Marakanda near him, there is one of the Stratos; he commands a considerable force. Ulanę is optimistic and decides to order an assault on the city!

The defense of the city is commanded by Alexandros, a descendant of the Persian line, titled Diadokhos, which in the language of the enemy means pretender to power. His fate has been sealed. The city has been captured, its inhabitants taken captive.

Winter. Stratos Sophagasenos began the siege of Antiocheia Margianes (Baktria - Arche Seleukeia war continues).

~ 262 BC ~
    Spring. The war
    continues.

Marakanda is now called Asmarakand.

Stratos Sophagasenos is heading towards Chach (the city is administered by Murundę himself and the garrison is few), but he decided to turn south, to the city of Kukurand; about it further below.

Achayakę during the winter he besieged the city of Astu, which has already suffered defeat once at the hands of the current Murundę.

Kamaknay returns to the lands of Saka, he needs to replenish supplies, the men of his unit are exhausted.

The enemy's hegemon at the walls of Asmarakanda! A similar situation is taking place near Kukurand! To make matters worse, marauders have appeared, which further bring confusion to our lands.

Achayakę with
    Ulanę decides to attack hegemon Diodotos!

You can see this battle on YT:

A bloody and chaotic battle ensues. Diodotos is captured.

Achayakę
    and Ulanę claimed victory! He offered Hyspasines to ransom the remaining survivors. The latter refused. Captives were sold into slavery. Diodotos was executed.

chapter 6

~ 261 BC ~
    Winter
    The end of the war with Baktria!

The diplomat Nartamay presented the terms of peace to Hyspanies. This time he showed reason and did not bring more misfortune upon his people. He agreed to the proposed terms and thus pledged to pay 5,000 mina!

Murundę Shurasę in 63 became a legend. During his leadership, the Saka conquered vast territories, cities, and also under his rule, Baktria relied on his favor.

In addition, several rebel troops were smashed.

Murandę, through Razavarę, donated several hundred minas to his allies - Pahlavas.

With a similar mission, the diplomat set out for the capital Taksashila.

~ 260 BC ~
    Arche Seleukeia and Saka concluded a trade agreement.

chapter 7

~ 259 - 258 BC ~
    Murandę issues an order to recruit additional troops: Guhadurnabar and Parathubar, and in addition pay mercenaries Nezagdar (Iranian spearmen), Hemaithorakitai Peltophoroi (Hellenistic infantry). He put the command in the hands of Shamay, who in turn took Maukę to assist. Murandę's order was to attack and capture Shahr, a city controlled by a rebellious tribe.

Full battle on YT:

Disaster! The troops made an assault but lost! The fight was fierce and the scales of victory tipped one way or the other. When the remnants of the troops reached Haomavargan Agu, news of Shamay's death spread. He was 28 years old. He had obtained his chance from Muarnadę but squandered it. Death saved him from being covered in disgrace among the living.

News of the defeat reached Murandę. The latter, having learned of it, ordered him to remain in Haomavarganu Agu.

Achayakę, on his own initiative, quickly mobilized several troops and set out from H.Agu at Shahr to complete the capture of the city. He has more experience in fighting than Maukę.

Murandę continues to support the allies, Pahlava.

chapter 8

~ 258 BC ~
    Autumn.

Achayakę did not delay until spring and carried out a successful assault on Shahr. The city falled into his hands; the city was sacked for resisting.

Among the united tribes, recruitment begins.

Kamaknay has entered the territory of Baktria.

Pahlava begin to plot against Saka! It needs to be checked.

~ 256 BC ~
    War with Baktria!

Ulanę recruits mercenaries (infantry) on the spur of the moment and moves on Baktria, the capital! He is insured by Achayakę and Kamaknay.

Achayakę moves east toward the river. There the larger enemy forces are located.

Meanwhile, Ulanę makes a successful assault on Baktria, the city falls! What a terrible moment for me but great day for the Saka. The inhabitants of Baktria were enslaved... poor souls.
    Baktria is renamed to Balk.

Achayakę attacked the enemy army led by family members. Diodotos Diodotou is the only one who manages to escape.

To watch battle, check YT video below:

chapter 9

~ 256 BC ~
    Achayakę reaches Diodotos Diodotou and here came the end of the latter.

The war is going well.

The young Tsashthanę and the men loyal to him (called Mizdi Yauza in Saka language) have taken up service as mercenaries in Central Asia. Will he cover himself with fame and accumulate considerable booty? His service will last five years. Tsashthanę is sharp/charismatic/vigorous; unselfish/optimistic; fond to ribald rhymes; cultured; comes from wealthy family; calm.

As a result of his acquired suspicion of Pahlava allies, Murundę instructs the capable diplomat to go to Takasashila, to Nigrodha Maurya, and deliver gifts in the name of maintaining good relations.

~ 255 BC ~
    The war continues.

Kamaknay and his army head toward Oskobara. Regalin, Thureophoroi and Machairophoroi found employment with him in this endeavor.
    (Regalin)
    (Machairophoroi)

Balk, for that is now the name of the former capital of Baktria, has a new administrator - a tyrant, somatophylakes tyrannou. Manayakulę Baktrios, for that was the man's name, rules by the grace of Murundę.

Oskobara has been captured! The city was sacked like the previous time in 272 BC.

You can watch this chapter on YT:

Book three
    chapter 10

~ 255 - 254 ~
    Winter. Situation is under control. The Bactrians avoid open battle.

Achayakę moves south with the spring, towards Alexandria Arachosia. While already in the vicinity he learns of an army led by Pantaleon Theras Baktrias. He does not attack, as the Seleukid army is close to the city walls. They begin a siege of the city! Achayakę waits to see how the situation will develop.

The Seleukids abandon the assault on the city. In this situation, Achayakę attacks Theras! It turns out that Ulanę is nearby and manages to take part in the battle. His presence is due to the fact that he was patrolling the area nearby in search of bands. After finding them and breaking them down, he decided to move towards A.Arachosia and investigate how things are going there.

After this battle, Ulanę gained more experience as a tactician.

Achayakę, with the help of Ulanę, defeats Theras. Achayakę offers to ransom Theras and the rest of the surviving troops. The ransom was paid and the captives were released.

chapter 11

~ 253 ~
    Spring. The war continues. The Bactrians no longer even attempt to engage in open field combat with our horsemen. None of our commanders, in turn, undertake a siege of any of their cities.

Naramay, the spy, has been captured by Theras' men. All that is known is that he was executed. What is not known is whether such an order was given by Theras himself. To think that Achayakę not so long ago could have done the same to Theras and his men when they were at his mercy.

Autumn. Kamaknay decides to lay siege to Alexandreia Paropamissadais!

He sends a small detachment to Murundę to send more reinforcements. He does likewise by sending a messenger to Achayakę, who keeps up the pressure on Theras, a Bactrian general who has already suffered defeat and poses no challenge to Achayakę, a strategist and tactician of the greatest magnitude.

The city is outnumbered. The defense of the city is commanded by Antiochos Diodotou. This was a courageous decision by Kamaknay.

Achayakę receives the message from Kamaknay, and although he is not happy about it, he gives the order to march!

Murundę does the same. Ulanę with the army is on its way.

Winter is approaching.

With winter in full swing, the siege of A. Paropamissadais continues.

The place of Naramay's spy was taken by Aspavarmę, who discovered early in his service that Theras Baktrias and his army were moving toward Balk! Achayakę, who already had in sight the tents and smoke from the bonfires brought by the Kamaknay troops spread out near the city, decided to move toward Theras immediately!

Ulanę arrives at Kamaknay in time with fresh infantry troops; fortunately for the former.

Achayakę recruits a detachment of Eranag Aswar (Iranian medium horsemen) on the way, catches up with Theras and launches an attack!

Achayakę achieved a heroic victory! The battle had a dynamic course. Theras attacked with momentum. During the battle, Achayakę found himself in danger but managed to retreat in time. He also made a strategic mistake by splitting his troops into three parts, two wings of mounted archers and cavalry in the middle. The gaps between the formations were too large.

Achayakę sold the remaining survivors into slavery. Including Theras. A poor fate for them. After winning the battle, Achayakę returned to Asmakarand to replenish the invenstry and give his troops a breather.

full episode here

chapter 12

~ 252 BC ~
    Autumn.

Shurasę dies. Murundę's title is inherited by Zampatikę. He chooses Achayakę as his successor (Raudękę).

The siege of A.Paropamissadais continues. Spies report that the besieged have little food left. In this position, they can survive until spring at most.

full episode here

chapter 13

~252 BC ~

Ulanę and Kamaknay are joined by Achaykę.

The city surrendered with the onset of winter. The citizens of the city were taken captive. A column of women, men, children, followed under escort of horsemen to the cities, where a miserable fate awaits them.

The city was named Kapisha.

Book four

chapter 14

~252 BC ~

Autumn.

Shurasę dies. The title of Murundę is inherited by Zampatikę. He chooses Achayakę as his successor (Raudękę). Dominion is still maintained by the Saka Rauka clan.

The siege of A.Paropamissadais continues. Spies report that the besieged have little food left. In this position they can survive at most until spring.

chapter 15

~252 BC ~
    Ulanę and Kamaknay are joined by Achaykę.

The city surrendered with the onset of winter. The citizens of the town were taken captive. A column of women, men, children, followed under escort of horsemen to the cities where the miserable fate of a slave awaits them.

The city was named Kapisha.

~251 BC ~
    Antimachos remained in the capital.

Tsashthanę returned from Asia in glory! Not resting on his laurels, he gathers Vratyakshatriya Tomarabharas infantry troops (Indo-Greek medium infantry) on short notice and moves towards the Antiochian Margin.

He finds Achayakę nearby and watches the doings of a young member of the Saka Rauka clan. He places several troops under his command. In time, however, he himself moves south towards Ualanę.

Ulanę defeated Panaetolos Alexandreias Kaukasians. The latter escaped with his life.

Razavarę, by order of Murundae, made an offer to Antimachos to become their vassal. The latter rejected the "proposal". Saka Rauka is preparing for a siege. It seems that here will be the end of the history of Baktria....

Video:

chapter 16

~251 BC ~
    Ulanaę began preparations for the siege of the Baktrian capital. News reached him of an army led by Arsakes (Aner to Ariston, a member of the Baktrian family) approaching on a fast march! It is a good thing that Achayakę, who attacked Arsakes and was victorious, is also nearby.

Just like that, the last hope for any kind of change of fortune has fallen. It will be a sad end.

Reports from the assassin indicate that the allies, Taksashila, have amassed a considerable force close to the border. Razavarę heads to Taksasilarajadhani, the capital, to get an explanation of intentions about the situation on the border.

Meanwhile, Tsashthanę launches an assault to break rebel resistance and take control of the city. The inhabitants of Antiocheia Margianes are not taken captive. Their property is also not too badly affected. Tsashthan showed his gentle disposition.

Achayakę abandons the siege and proceeds towards the city of Kapisha. The allied army is nearby, still allied. In the city the fear of a potential threat has seized everyone.

Last edited by Demon Soul; December 31, 2023 at 07:26 AM.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Default Re: Saka Rauka AAR

reserved
    Last edited by Demon Soul; April 11, 2023 at 04:24 AM.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post
    Don't know why video isn't working.

Proper youtube embedding. Good luck with your AAR!

It's so great to see an AAR of an extremely difficult faction! I'm surprised you didn't try blitzing Baktria from the start, but alternative strategies are always interesting to see

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Trzymamy kciuki! Keep our fingers crossed!
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    It's so great to see an AAR of an extremely difficult faction! I'm surprised you didn't try blitzing Baktria from the start, but alternative strategies are always interesting to see
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Trzymamy kciuki! Keep our fingers crossed!
    Dzięki!

Thank you guys for showing support! I appreciative it.

That diplomat is like the Sakan version of Christopher Columbus. Great storytelling!

Deleted
    Check first post please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ep_1.png   ep_11.png   ep_10.png   ep_9.png   ep_8.png  

ep_7.png   ep_6.png   ep_5.png   ep_4.png   ep_2.png  

Last edited by Demon Soul; April 11, 2023 at 04:35 AM.

All previous and next Books and chapters will be stored in first post https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16132004

Update - check the first post
    Added:
    - chapter 4, and
    - chapter 5.

Also, I would like to know your opinion about pictures, bigger or smaller? Check the poll please.

Bigger please, so we don't have to click on each image. Great updates as usual, and I appreciate the formatting

Added:
    - antract to Book One.

Bigger please, so we don't have to click on each image. Great updates as usual, and I appreciate the formatting
    Roger that. Thank you.

Added:
    - chapter 6, 7 and 8 to Book Two,
    - family tree,
    - characters traits,
    - clans description, and
    - maps.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Added:
    - chapter 9,
    - YT video to chapter 8 (night battle) and 9,
    - new characters.

Added:
    - chapter 10,
    - chapter 11.

Just little offtopic, I will update my campaign with more chapters (since I have them already on hard drive) and I want to end campaign soon afterwards. Offtopic n.2, I became a happy father in July and I passed my exams - now I'm official a lawyer. Happy me!

Update - check the first post:
    Added:
    - chapter 12,
    - chapter 13.