Thread: Difference between Head to Head campaign and Co-Op campaign.

Libertus

Default Difference between Head to Head campaign and Co-Op campaign.

I'm playing a online Head to Head campaign with a friend. We have become Allies (for now).

I'm just wondering what's the differences between the 2 types of campaigns? ie... We're Head to Head but are allies. In Co-Op I guess you can go to war with each other also?

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: Difference between Head to Head campaign and Co-Op campaign.

Just start one and see what the differences are, then go back to what you were doing. I've only played Co-op. If I had to guess, in head-to-head you have the option to take control of all opposing armies your friend fights. Whereas in co-op, you would not fight against your friend - instead, you have the option to give control of your units to your friend in any battle.

Typically, I give my friend my left or right wing, while I control the center and the other wing. Or sometimes I'll give him all my skirmishers, or just one squadron of important cavalry. If it's a siege, we strategize and split the forces some rational way. It's fun and lets you focus on tactical moves instead of stressing about micro-managing a whole army at once and you can definitely take on bigger odds this way.

Libertus

In Co-Op, can me and my friend turn on each other, if we so choose?

"If I had to guess, in head-to-head you have the option to take control of all opposing armies."

Can anyone confirm this... because in our campaign we cannot take control of the other army... only spectate.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 09, 2023 at 11:54 PM. Reason: posts merged

Default Re: Difference between Head to Head campaign and Co-Op campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn View Post
    In Co-Op, can me and my friend turn on each other, if we so choose?

"If I had to guess, in head-to-head you have the option to take control of all opposing armies."

Can anyone confirm this... because in our campaign we cannot take control of the other army... only spectate.
    Hey

A buddy and I play Rome DEI MP a lot.
    We always go with Head to Head as it gives you more freedom.

Want to be allies? Can do
    Want to fight eachother? Go ham
    Want to control the AI and fight against eachother? Yes sir
    Want to gift units mid-battle and fight together against AI? Not a problem!

If I recall correctly (and I might be wrong) Coop restricts you and prevent you from fighting eachother, and I do believe that's the only difference

I'd recommend using Head to Head and just ally / trade as you would with any other AI faction