Thread: Quick Question on Javelin Changes

Default Quick Question on Javelin Changes

Might give another campaign a run with the new patch. Thanks very much to everyone who put that together.

I noticed that some javelin raw attack values, particularly the high-grade ones, have gone way down (e.g. pilum 20 > 11), but read somewhere in the change notes about a rebalance to buff them a big (re lethality), I think.

Can someone please confirm on this and the effects, have they actually been buffed overall?

On a related note, I always found javelins way too weak for what they could do historically, so I've edited my EDU similar to as I had it last time. This suits me and seems realistic but your mileage may vary. I've increased the range of infantry javelins by roughly 20% across the board so they might be able to get a volley off before melee range, and increased the raw attack of the low grade ones significantly as a ratio and some higher ones very slightly. If anyone wants it let me know.

Many thanks.
    Furthermore I believe capitalism must be destroyed.

Default Re: Quick Question on Javelin Changes

The raw attack values went down in export_descr_unit.txt, but the lethality of javelins went up inside of battle_config.xml. So overall, the killing effectiveness of javelins remained around the same

There were also tweaks to the descr_projectiles. You can't read missile changes in just the EDU alone.

Ok thanks for the confirmation both.
    Furthermore I believe capitalism must be destroyed.