Thread: Troubles with Geomod

PikEnthusiast's Avatar Foederatus

Default Troubles with Geomod

Hello everyone! This is my first post, but I have a little problem with a mod I've been making. Whenever I try to play the campaign, it tries to load it for 15 or so seconds and then kicks me out to the singleplayer menu. I looked through the log, fixed all the bugs it said were wrong, but I still can't get into the campaign. I used the Geomod and bare_geomod tools to create the mod. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'll just post the maps if it helps any.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_regions.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	368652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_heights.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	368653Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_features.png 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	368654Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_ground_types.png 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	368655Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_climates.png 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	368656

Thank you all

Default Re: Troubles with Geomod

Make sure your config file is set to:

Code:
    [log]
    level = *script* trace
    Then check your log and it should list the reason for the kickback to the main menu when trying to start a campaign. The most likely problems are 1) a syntax error in descr_strat.txt, such as calling a character name which doesn't exist in names.txt (in log) or 2) calling a religion that doesn't exist in descr_mercenaries.txt (not in log).

PikEnthusiast's Avatar Foederatus

Ok, I'll do that. I also found that a couple of .bin files were a little messed up. I'm going through the painstaking process of fixing them.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The delayed loading time is due to an issue of the tool when creating the text\historic_events.string.bin file. After exiting the tool run the provided python converter in that directory or simply delete the string.bin file if you haven't made changes in the campaign\events tab.

Hey guys, I'm struggling with bare geomod as this is my first time modding any game, really. I followed Gigantus' bare geomod tutorial and my game ctd when I try to load my custom map. The log says it's finding a script error in the descr_regions.txt. Saying "Couldn't find region name 'London_Province' in stringtable." Now I'm not really sure what's going on. I assume there's some problem with the regions_and_settlement_names bin, but I'm not much of a coder and don't really know what I'm looking at. Can anyone help me to understand the issue and how to fix it? Or point me in the right direction? Please forgive my n00biness. Thanks, fellas.

Do you have the Geomod tool by chance? If so then use the bin editor make a new bin file for the custom map that you want to play on.

I'm trying to use the geomod tool but it doesn't want to load my map, either. I'm getting an error only for data/text/export_ancillaries.txt.strings.bin file. The error window reads "The following file is untraceable: data/text/export_ancillaries.txt.strings.bin ..." I tried swapping the file with several replacements from other mods and vanilla M2 but the issue persists. I didn't find any reference to the issue in the geomod manual, either. Ideas? Appreciate the help.

delete the old bin file then use bin editor to create a new one. It helps me out a lot with that tool. Let me know if you want better instructions.

Thanks for the bin editor tip. I used it to fix the issues with the descr_regions.txt and export_ancillaries.txt.strings.bin files. It was handy. Now when I launch the map, it ctd and the system log is telling me I'm missing a bunch of files in my mod folder like faction and ancillary .tga files and some random /data/text files like export_advice.txt for example; however, when I launch the maps that came with Geomod, I don't get these system errors. Where might this issue be coming from? Thanks

Post your system log on here and I will do my best to take a look and see what the issues are. Whenever I launch Bare Geomod, I never get any issues I have changed some stuff in any of the txt files. Even with my very own mod I am creating, I know what my error is by looking at my system log. Try checking your configuration.cfg and see if you did not put in the name of the mod bc that will cause an issue when you want to know what the problem is with your mod(in this case is Bare Geomod).

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Tip for Geomod tool error messages - check my manual at the end for those messages.

Which tutorial were you following?

Does a new map.rwm file get created? Remember to delete the file after editing any file in the maps\base directory so a new one can get created.

Hey guys, hope you had a nice father's day weekend.

I was following the bare geomod tutorial with the template of Iceland. Yes, a new map.rwm file is created when I delete the old one. I don't think the issue is with the mapping files, but probably some minute details in the text files I'm missing. I appreciate the assistance very much. I'm attaching a link to the system.log. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mgjsa...=ice3kuw3&dl=0