Thread: Problem for making a trade agreement

Default Problem for making a trade agreement

Sometimes when I play a campaign I can't even send a trade agreement ( The trade agreement is not even available in the offers or proposals list in the diplomacy section ) with a few factions even if they are friendly toward me. The problem persists even if there is a direct road between a city of mine and a city of a particular faction. I still can't figure it out why that happens. It also happens if a particular faction shares a same coast with me. I tried building a commercial port but nothing solved yet.

Could it be because a particular faction might not be interested in importing any resource or product from any faction? Or is it because you don't have the resources or products a particular faction wants to purchase? Or could it be a bug in vanilla version? Did you also have the same problem? At least it happened to me when playing a Grand Campaign or the Imperator Augusts dlc
    Last edited by twgamer20197; February 12, 2023 at 08:12 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Problem for making a trade agreement

Are the factions strapies or client states of another faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I'll check it...

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    No. They aren't.

Fair enough. I thought that might have been the issue because I remembered not being able to make treaties with factions that were (I think) satrapies of another faction.

Well, it is still a mistery for me. I'll let you know if I get to figure it out.

It is a mystery! Thanks - if I come across a similar situation, I'll let you know.

You mentioned that there's a direct road between a city of yours and a city of the faction you'd like to trade with. Does all trade need to be routed through the capital cities of both factions (I think that was the case in Empire Total War, I don't know if Rome II works the same way). If so - maybe this could explain the problem? If a friendly faction had an outlying city with a direct road to one of your cities, but if there was no direct route between the friendly faction's outlying city and their capital, maybe a trade route is not possible?