Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess the game title

Default Guess the game title

GENERAL RULES

- One person posts a picture/question/riddle with any details the poster feels are necessary.
    - Everyone else tries to guess the picture/question posted or solve the riddle, whilst providing some details about their guess.
    - The person who guessed correctly then posts their own picture/question/riddle within 24 hours.
    - It is customary, though not an obligation, that the person who guessed correctly gets reputation from the original poster of the picture/question/riddle (or from another player/Gaming Staff if the OP cannot).
    - It is customary, though not an obligation, to post a hint every 24 hours if no one tried to guess it or in any case did not guess it right.
    - Anybody can take the turn if a picture/question/riddle isn't posted within 48 hours or if the person who guessed the last picture/question/riddle says that anybody can take his turn.
    - While no correct answer has been given, the member who posted a puzzle can pass their turn at any time. If after two weeks no answer has been confirmed as correct by the poster, any member can override the active puzzle by posting a new one. The staff/administration of TWC will at this point judge the validity of any outstanding answers to the superseded puzzle.
    - People are supposed to play fairly and to respect the other players and to do their best to ensure that the game keeps flowing. Blatant cheating, lack of respect, lack of input and so on and on might lead to the disqualification of the offending player for that round, this at the exclusive discretion of other players and/or Gaming Staff

- Thank you Flinn and Aexodus for the basic framework of the rules and descriptions used for this competition.

A simple game, just post preferably two or more images (not enforced if you can express the same in one image) that put together make a title of a game. The first correct guess takes the next turn.

Eg.
    -Image of a dog followed by someone sleeping is 'dog tired'
    -Rock followed by a freezer could be 'stone cold' etc

The game title should be a recognized title and may or may not be a commonly known shorthand for the official title, such as "Leisure Suit Larry" in lieu of "Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards". Homophones such as eye/I and air/heir and visual symbolism/allegory are to be expected in this game.

I think we can use our common sense to choose a title that others will be able to guess, and one that keeps the game flowing. In general, we should go for the name of the series instead of an individual installment in cases such as "Game Title I", "Game Title II", and so on.

I'll start with something presumably easy to illustrate the idea.

Default Re: Guess the game title

Half-Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximinus Thrax View Post
    Half-Life.
    Congratulations for getting the first entry of this competition! Please post your own now.

I think that to gauge the difficulty level of this competition, we should err on the side of easy for now. A really obscure game title alone could be bad. That combined with an excessively figurative set of images could potentially ruin the experience. But use your judgement.

EDIT: I cannot rep Maximinus right now.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Repped Maximinus for you.

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Setting Sun?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Horizon Zero Dawn
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Nope.

I noticed that there is a game on Steam just simply called "Sunset", and it seems quite unusual and down my alley. There are a lot of negative reviews (in addition to positive ones), but reading a few of them did not scare me away.

EDIT: Why not provide the link as well.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/287600/Sunset/
    Last edited by Septentrionalis; January 25, 2023 at 10:08 AM.

All of the replies so far have ignored that person's presence in the picture. He's there for a reason.

Tanuki sunset?

It's not a sunset.

I kind of wished we could have started with something more obvious. If there are more than one word in the title, this could have warranted using more than one picture.

I am going to guess "Close to the Sun".

I've already provided the clues. Now I've even put them in the right order as far as the game name goes.

It's not a sunset.

All of the replies so far have ignored that person's presence in the picture. He's there for a reason.

Firewatch?

Well, there's apparently a game called sunrise But I doubt it's that as it doesn't reference the person.

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Sunman?

Somewhat close. Keep going.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Well, there's a game called 'Rise of Man' and also there's "Dawn of Mankind"
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast